Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Gave my two AAs to a buddy with a 2018. Also gave him 10 gallons of 15W40 when I got the new truck. He was happy. LOL
I had a pretty good stash of 15-40 built up when I had my 18’. Grandson got an 03’ Power Stroke and I used most of it in his truck but hung on to 5 gallons for my JD tractor. I had a huge supply of oil filters for the Cummins that I couldn’t get rid of during the time I didn’t have one. Glad I still have them now.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
I think the spacing of the pleats is where the problem comes in on the other filters. I don’t think the glue strips actually have any effect

image.jpg

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Use 53034051AB Mopar..... Do No use This https://www.amazon.com/KAX-CA10261-...09KPCFQR1/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pl_foot_top?ie=UTF8 says all kinds of great things about it but it will cause issues, ask me how I know. Restricts flow.
Order your filters from Geno’s Garage. You have to pay shipping but you will get genuine filters and peace of mind knowing they are not Chinese knockoffs. Great people to deal with and their prices are lower than Amazon before the shipping is added. I got an air filter, fuel filter and oil filter shipped for 12.95. Order by 3:00 est and it ships the same day.
If you order from Amazon you have to pay attention to who the vendor is and read all of the fine print. A lot of the descriptions at the top part of the add are contradicted on down in the description of the product.

Last edited:

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I run Baldwin air filters in my 12 and 19 and never had a problem. If these engines are soo sensitive maybe a tweak in programming is needed or maybe the engineers can bring back the oil bath air cleaner. Ya know the same way they have desighned turbos to have to endure. :mad:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I run Baldwin air filters in my 12 and 19 and never had a problem. If these engines are soo sensitive maybe a tweak in programming is needed or maybe the engineers can bring back the oil bath air cleaner. Ya know the same way they have desighned turbos to have to endure. :mad:
At one time, the Baldwin was identical to Mopar 53034051AB. Not sure if that’s still the case though. The last one I laid eyes on did indeed have strips of glue across the pleats.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
At one time, the Baldwin was identical to Mopar 53034051AB. Not sure if that’s still the case though. The last one I laid eyes on did indeed have strips of glue across the pleats.
It’s not just in our particular air filter either. Go to BITOG and look at all of the dismal oil filters that they discuss and it’s plain that even the filter manufacturers are doing their best to do away with ICE’s. I suppose they are getting subsidies to produce the crap they are making. The only good filters obtainable are imported other than the 53034051ab and who knows how long it will last. Maybe or hopefully Cummins/Ram will figure out what the bobble is in this air filter debacle. A computerized engine should be able to adjust for variances in air filters. It has to do it when they start getting loaded with debris.

Users who are viewing this thread