Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram HD

UglyViking

Reaction score
I have never understood why people want about as many options in their truck as the damn space shuttle, it’s just more things to fail. Drives up the cost and really are more fashion function. Perhaps it’s just my age speaking but I really liked my first gen all I needed was the radio and four-wheel-drive lol
Honestly, I really want the 12" screen. It looks cool as hell, but I have seen way too many issues, even the uc5 version, so I've held off. Every other fancy wiz bang piece of tech that I have in the truck is almost worthless to me, with a few notable exceptions.
  • I like the keyless remote
  • I like heated seats and steering wheel
  • The 360 cam is shockingly helpful
  • I like auto climate control

STGS517

Reaction score
I’ve had my 23’ 12 inch for 7 months and the only issue I seem to have is sometimes when I start the truck in the morning, the default screen seems to be the app screen but never does it again throughout the day. Only first start of the day. Who knows?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Here’s something interesting found in the new UAW agreement that might project a little change for 2025 HD rams:
IMG_0043.jpeg

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So the 6 speed 68RFE lives to see another day...... Let the b!tching begin! Lol.
I was looking more at how the 68RFE is not scheduled for production past 2024 (like how other items are slated for production into 2028, etc)…

Nick

Reaction score
It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas . Send those lists to Santa ! Results should be about the same .;)

CTF2019

Reaction score
I foresee the RFE being replaced with the ZF offering.

Goddamn beefed up minivan transmission made it all the way to 2024!

mjb765

Reaction score
There's a few really good ideas and some not so much.....but with all these asks how can anybody expect a lower price? With everything costing more I can't see how adding things will lower the price.

wrvond

Reaction score
There's a few really good ideas and some not so much.....but with all these asks how can anybody expect a lower price? With everything costing more I can't see how adding things will lower the price.
I don't expect a lower price - though when talking about the price of vehicles in terms of the overall economy I don't think things can continue on like they are. Something's going to have to give.
I only paid a few thousand more for my brand new 2023 Laramie than I did for my brand new 2017 F350 DRW with fewer options.
Historically new vehicles have been prohibitively expensive for a large portion of the population. I remember in 1969 a 1970 Chevy Kingswood station wagon cost $3500.00 brand new - which represented a significant portion of most people's income.
Perhaps what we are seeing today is a much larger percentage of the population expecting to be able to buy brand new vehicles before their earnings match their desires.

MrAngus

Reaction score
Looks like 2024 MY will not have any meaningful changes so I made a list of what I would like to see RAM makes for 2025. Upgrade the cab to 1500. I would like an even bigger mega cab where the back seats slides up and 2 jump seats in the back space to make it a 7 seater. Yes that makes the truck longer but I don’t see a big deal adding another 8-12 inches to the Mega cab. Towing #s and/or payload might be lower but not everyone needs to tow 20k plus lbs. Update interior to the same design as the EV 1500 REV is enough I believe that will still be class leading. A higher limited elite or tungsten model with fancier seats and head liner nicer materials overall. Head up display and panoramic sunroof is a no brainer. Upgraded towing and payload tech. Update the exterior enough to be different from this current model but nothing too dramatic as the still looks good. 8 speed transmission would be nice and that will also help with mpg. Bump the SO Cummins to 400 HP and 1000 TQ and the HO Cummins to 475 HP and 1225 TQ with Max tow of over 40k lbs to take back our class leading titles. Last thing lower the price! Lol! Am I missing anything?
Add the new 6.7 Cummins gasser to replace the 6.4 hemi. Not really to worried about the Ford and 40 k of towing. It is only available in the modified F450, and you wouldn't get me to ride in it pulling 40k in WV.

flan

Reaction score
Add the new 6.7 Cummins gasser to replace the 6.4 hemi. Not really to worried about the Ford and 40 k of towing. It is only available in the modified F450, and you wouldn't get me to ride in it pulling 40k in WV.
6.7 Cummins gas would be......

BDD74468-9E4B-4C1A-ADE1-4DC4E580C63D.jpeg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Aside from a new cab/chassis, a bump in power on the SO side of things would be nice, but honestly might not be a huge necessity if they finally update the trans.
370HP and 850ft lbs is plenty for anything that the truck can handle the chassis cabs get 360HP and 800ft lbs and can haul over 40k…. More power means less longevity to the engine….

Users who are viewing this thread