Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram HD

Chriss626

Reaction score
Looks like 2024 MY will not have any meaningful changes so I made a list of what I would like to see RAM makes for 2025. Upgrade the cab to 1500. I would like an even bigger mega cab where the back seats slides up and 2 jump seats in the back space to make it a 7 seater. Yes that makes the truck longer but I don’t see a big deal adding another 8-12 inches to the Mega cab. Towing #s and/or payload might be lower but not everyone needs to tow 20k plus lbs. Update interior to the same design as the EV 1500 REV is enough I believe that will still be class leading. A higher limited elite or tungsten model with fancier seats and head liner nicer materials overall. Head up display and panoramic sunroof is a no brainer. Upgraded towing and payload tech. Update the exterior enough to be different from this current model but nothing too dramatic as the still looks good. 8 speed transmission would be nice and that will also help with mpg. Bump the SO Cummins to 400 HP and 1000 TQ and the HO Cummins to 475 HP and 1225 TQ with Max tow of over 40k lbs to take back our class leading titles. Last thing lower the price! Lol! Am I missing anything?

wrvond

Reaction score
<snip> Am I missing anything?

Sure:
1. move the coil springs outboard for stability and leave room inboard for optional airbags for load leveling
2. electric tilt and telescope steering with memory
3. digital combination lock on driver's door
4. spring clips to hold the breather box closed rather than screws
5. offer two tone paint on all models in colors that actually complement each other
6. enable wi-fi with power off optional rather than timing out
7. provide a power off switch for the entertainment - radio/satellite/etc.
8. enable full time availability of all cameras with ability to record (360° dash cam)

UglyViking

Reaction score
1. move the coil springs outboard for stability and leave room inboard for optional airbags for load leveling
I highly doubt this will ever happen so long as the PW and 2500 share the same rear axle. The coils being more inboard is a requirement for max articulation which is a selling point of the Power Wagon (it's basically a large jeep). Plus, you can currently add airbags in a more externally mounted position, so it doesn't really add any benefit, it only removes articulation. This may not be an important selling point for non off road folks, but it was one of the key reasons I purchased my 2500.

Now, if they decided to make a second axle/frame setup for the PW, and offered it in a diesel, that could be interesting. I just don't see that happening personally.

wrvond

Reaction score
My '22 has this, did they remove it for the '23's?

There is a power button, but it turns off the entire display. Being new to this truck I could be wrong, but I've done a bit of reading on this and it appears I'm correct - at least so far as the 12" Uconnect 5 is concerned.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a power button, but it turns off the entire display. Being new to this truck I could be wrong, but I've done a bit of reading on this and it appears I'm correct - at least so far as the 12" Uconnect 5 is concerned.

So you want to turn off the radio, but leave the screen on? Don't really see the functionally benefit to that.

wrvond

Reaction score
I highly doubt this will ever happen so long as the PW and 2500 share the same rear axle. The coils being more inboard is a requirement for max articulation which is a selling point of the Power Wagon (it's basically a large jeep). Plus, you can currently add airbags in a more externally mounted position, so it doesn't really add any benefit, it only removes articulation. This may not be an important selling point for non off road folks, but it was one of the key reasons I purchased my 2500.

Now, if they decided to make a second axle/frame setup for the PW, and offered it in a diesel, that could be interesting. I just don't see that happening personally.

Good point. My off roading days are long behind me. These days I think like a 5th wheel totin' old fart. ;)

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Good point. My off roading days are long behind me. These days I think like a 5th wheel totin' old fart. ;)

The 3500 is the better 5th wheel platform.

Navigation display for one.

Don't have that, but even then why not just turn the volume down? I'm still not seeing the advantage to turning the stereo app off, since an app is all it is.. the hardware has a power button (which my 18 didn't and this is a significant improvement).

UglyViking

Reaction score
You could use the mute function right? I'm not sure if there is a mute function on the 12" screen, but there is for the 8". I've never had the need to display the nav without music though, so I'm not sure if turn by turn would still work audibly.

JimKIII

Reaction score
So you want to turn off the radio, but leave the screen on? Don't really see the functionally benefit to that.
I'd like to turn off the display, but keep the clock on. Can't do that as far as I know.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to turn off the display, but keep the clock on. Can't do that as far as I know.

There is an option to show time and date with screen off, it's under Settings:Clock.

IMG_7811.jpeg

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have never understood why people want about as many options in their truck as the damn space shuttle, it’s just more things to fail. Drives up the cost and really are more fashion over function. Perhaps it’s just my age speaking but I really liked my first gen all I needed was the radio and four-wheel-drive lol

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have never understood why people want about as many options in their truck as the damn space shuttle, it’s just more things to fail. Drives up the cost and really are more fashion function. Perhaps it’s just my age speaking but I really liked my first gen all I needed was the radio and four-wheel-drive lol

Same reason people don't live in caves and tents anymore... We enjoy our 1st world problems. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread