Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Order Tracking & Discussion

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
@brv10 hey man! Hope you’re doing well! When you get a minute can you check where 3C63R3PL4RG123790 is? I’m hoping this’ll be the last time I ask.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
You have been at Bayview yard since 11/15 waiting for that truck ride to the dealer, KZT

SP25

Reaction score
@brv10 Could you please give me an update on my order? Thanks again in advance!

Vin:
3C63R3PL2RG208367

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
From 11/26 you have an 11 day rail trip to Nashville yard, then the wait for delivery to Gupton.

Myfast70

Reaction score
I ordered a 2024 Ram 2500 Limited Night Edition ,Crew Cab w/ RamBox & Level 1 equipment on 10/5 and got delivered to Mark Dodge in the past couple days. This process was much quicker than the 2022 that I ordered and had to wait 6 months for, this time was 2 months start to finish

sunny2021

Reaction score
I ordered a 2024 Ram 2500 Limited Night Edition ,Crew Cab w/ RamBox & Level 1 equipment on 10/5 and got delivered to Mark Dodge in the past couple days. This process was much quicker than the 2022 that I ordered and had to wait 6 months for, this time was 2 months start to finish
You're right. They've definitely ramp up their game. I ordered my 3500 Laramie Dually through Mark Dodge on 11/11/23, built 11/24/23 and shipped 12/4/23. According to @brv10, it has crossed into the US by 12/6. That is unheard off compared to when I ordered the 2022 version a couple of years ago when it took three months.

SpeyRam

Reaction score
Crazy the variation in delivery. My delivery is looking like 4 months-ish and my order was placed in September and Myfast70's will be less than 1/2 that! Is there delivery priority given to high-volume dealers?

sunny2021

Reaction score
Crazy the variation in delivery. My delivery is looking like 4 months-ish and my order was placed in September and Myfast70's will be less than 1/2 that! Is there delivery priority given to high-volume dealers?
I'm beginning to think so. People from all over US orders through Mark Dodge. They will even pick you up at the airport for your delivery.

sunny2021

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think so. People from all over US orders through Mark Dodge. They will even pick you up at the airport for your delivery.
Plus the manufacturers no longer have the "Microchip" problems they had in 2022.

content

Reaction score
I placed an order for a 2024 3500 Limited Mega Cab. See photo of build below.

I am confused by the following. Would appreciate if anyone could share some insight on these.
  1. A69 - Limited Level 1 Equipment Group is $4,880 MSRP rather than $7,030 per the order guide or $5,950 per the build function on the Ram website. Does this mean that something has been removed from the package?
  2. AVS - Tow Technology Group Plus Group is $0 MSRP rather than $1,490 per the order guide or $1,490 per the build function on the Ram website. What does this mean?
Thank you!

2024 Ram 3500 Build 12-7-2023.jpg

sunny2021

Reaction score
I placed an order for a 2024 3500 Limited Mega Cab. See photo of build below.

I am confused by the following. Would appreciate if anyone could share some insight on these.
  1. A69 - Limited Level 1 Equipment Group is $4,880 MSRP rather than $7,030 per the order guide or $5,950 per the build function on the Ram website. Does this mean that something has been removed from the package?
  2. AVS - Tow Technology Group Plus Group is $0 MSRP rather than $1,490 per the order guide or $1,490 per the build function on the Ram website. What does this mean?
Thank you!

View attachment 66346
Since you are starting with the LIMITED, I think a lot of the features included in the $7030 is already included in the "LIMITED", same goes with the AVS. If you've started with LARAMIE for example, The Level B will be $6000 and the AVS will be $1490. Which is why sometimes depending on what options you're looking for; it's better to start with the LIMITED. My 2 cents.

content

Reaction score
Since you are starting with the LIMITED, I think a lot of the features included in the $7030 is already included in the "LIMITED", same goes with the AVS. If you've started with LARAMIE for example, The Level B will be $6000 and the AVS will be $1490. Which is why sometimes depending on what options you're looking for; it's better to start with the LIMITED. My 2 cents.
Thank you. The thing that's odd is the $7030 was from the "Limited" section of the order guide, and the $5,950 was from the "Limited" section of the build web page. Same with the AVS. Hear what you're saying about starting with the Limited. I went that direction because of similar suggestions from others.

tmfham

Reaction score

SpeyRam, I am convinced that the larger dealers get vehicles sooner than smaller rural dealers. It may just be the fact that transporters are trying to have full delivery trucks and high volume dealers have a full load more frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpeyRam

Reaction score
SpeyRam, I am convinced that the larger dealers get vehicles sooner than smaller rural dealers. It may just be the fact that transporters are trying to have full delivery trucks and high volume dealers have a full load more frequently.

My dealer rep said they ship by VIN and rail car availability but I think math has to come into play. Meanwhile, I'll just sit and keep checking. 1st World Problems eh!

Tim_G

Reaction score
brv10, can you take another look for my build? It shipped last month, but now its ETA has disappeared. Hoping it didn't fall off the boat! The VIN is 3C6UR5EJ4RG168312. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

BamaOEF

Reaction score
Yes crazy, here is my order details for a 24 Big Horn DRW nothing special.
  1. Order Confirmed Jul-28-2023
  2. Scheduled Sep-06-2023
  3. In Production Sep-23-2023
  4. Vehicle Built Sep-26-2023
  5. ShippedTBD

tmfham

Reaction score
My dealer rep said they ship by VIN and rail car availability but I think math has to come into play. Meanwhile, I'll just sit and keep checking. 1st World Problems eh!

SpeyRam, railcar availability is the key disclaimer. The railroad watts to have full rail cars and most likely a minimum quantity of full rail cars to Kent before they ship.
I currently live in an area that is over 100 miles from the nearest interstate. My truck was ordered on 9/13 and completed build on 10/13. It was at the distribution center in Memphis, Tn on 10/26. At that point the wait began. I have had 25 delivery date changes. That tells me that the shipper does not want to tie up their delivery truck to bring the truck to such a rural community. Has your delivery date changed a lot?

Another thing that may hold up the build process is that I think that builds are grouped in some way. I.E. I think that Limitesd are grouped in batches an it may even be more specific such as Megacab Limiteds. That would make some builds be quickly and others take a while.

Brv10 has been significantly more helpful than my salesperson and is doing it out of the extreme kindness of the heart. He is such an asset to the group.

One other thing that I have observed is that a couple of trucks missed there departure scan from the factory. They were listed as being at the factory and then just showed up at the dealer for delivery.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Users who are viewing this thread