Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Low volume colors are built when they have sufficient orders of same color to send through paint shop. Supposedly 10.
THAT'S WHAT THE DEALER TOLD ME AS WELL. 10 OR MORE HE SAID. (HE ALSO SAID THEY WON'T EVEN START THE ORDER UNTIL THEY HAD THAT VOLUIME OR NUMBER 1ST.)

dmhines

Reaction score
THAT'S WHAT THE DEALER TOLD ME AS WELL. 10 OR MORE HE SAID. (HE ALSO SAID THEY WON'T EVEN START THE ORDER UNTIL THEY HAD THAT VOLUIME OR NUMBER 1ST.)
Not sure what that means. My order was confirmed and I have a VIN.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
I WISH THEY WOULD PUT THE EXACT PICTURE ON RAM VEHICLE ORDER TRACKING SITE...(MINE IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE CHROME DOORHANDLES AND MIRRORS, BUT THE PICTURE SHOWS BLACK. I ALSO ORDERED THE BETTER HEADLIGHTS AND THE PHOTO SHOWS REGULAR HEADLIGHTS). BUT IT SAYS UNDER THE PHOTO THAT: IMAGE SHOWN MAY NOT EXACTLY MATCH THE PURCHASED VEHICLE.

Turin

Reaction score
SO DOES THIS MEAN THAT 151 DAYS IS ESTIMATED TO BE THE LONGEST TIME IN THE ORDER PROCESS?
No. That's the longest anyone has spent in C (order confirmed). To be fair, that value is from the second order on the tracker sheet, which means it was placed before production started so a long time in C is to be expected. Here's an updated version of the chart for total time by order:
1678678133308.png
This one is a little better than the one from my previous post:
  • Values on the x-axis are the row number of the order in the tracker spreadsheet. (The first order is on row 5.)
  • A black tip indicates an order marked as delivered.
  • For orders not yet marked as delivered, the column height represents total order time as of today (3/12).
The maximum total time belongs to the poor bastard with the order on row 13 of the tracker who's at 176 days and counting, though there are several other orders not far behind.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
No. That's the longest anyone has spent in C (order confirmed). To be fair, that value is from the second order on the tracker sheet, which means it was placed before production started so a long time in C is to be expected. Here's an updated version of the chart for total time by order:
View attachment 53250
  • Values on the x-axis are the row number of the order in the tracker spreadsheet. (The first order is on row 5.)
  • For orders not yet marked as delivered, the column height represents total order time as of today (3/12).
The maximum total time belongs to the poor bastard with the order on row 13 of the tracker who's at 176 days and counting, though there are several other orders not far behind.
hOLY CRAP......I SURE HOPE MINE DOIESN'T END UP LIKE THAT THOSE GUYS WITH A LONG BLUE LINE JUST MEANS ORDER CONFIRMED AND NOTHING YET ANTUL IT TURNS RED....WOW! .

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
View attachment 53250
LOOKS LIKE THE POOR GUY IN ROW 82 IS WORSE ... I THINK

pr3dict

Reaction score
View attachment 53250
Im second on the spreadsheet... The long time from C to D was because the initial ordering system was glitched and was spitting out orders that were impossible to create. Took them 4 months to revise the order so it could go to D.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Im second on the spreadsheet... The long time from C to D was because the initial ordering system was glitched and was spitting out orders that were impossible to create. Took them 4 months to revise the order so it could go to D.
WELL I'M ORDER 171 RODEORIDERTAZ, SO TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A VERY VERY LONG WAIT FOR ANYTHING.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
THANK YOU FOR CLARIFYING THAT. IT STILL LOOKS LIKE MINE WILL BE FOREVER THOUGH.

b307a1

Reaction score
I WISH THEY WOULD PUT THE EXACT PICTURE ON RAM VEHICLE ORDER TRACKING SITE...(MINE IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE CHROME DOORHANDLES AND MIRRORS, BUT THE PICTURE SHOWS BLACK. I ALSO ORDERED THE BETTER HEADLIGHTS AND THE PHOTO SHOWS REGULAR HEADLIGHTS). BUT IT SAYS UNDER THE PHOTO THAT: IMAGE SHOWN MAY NOT EXACTLY MATCH THE PURCHASED VEHICLE.
Ram HD's with Low volume paint have always been built with black door handles and mirrors.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Hopefully mine is all black like on the picture on the tracker ... 44Dan44 .. Any idea what the hold up is on your Tradesman ?? I see you have blind spot monitoring and I know you also ordered the 7" Cluster . Wonder if RAM is just putting Tradesman at the bottom of the priority list. My tradesman is a Low volume color so I expected the delay - I also ordered Tradesman with BSM and 7" Cluster . but I assume your's is standard color ?
Sorry I missed this post @dmhines I did not get Blind Spot Monitoring, I assumed many things along the way, tradesman, long bed, 50 gallon tank, but mostly the 7" TFT cluster (so happy that one came through for $75) was my main thought for the delay. But later I thought, I did it to myself making the dumbest decision in the history of decisions, didn't do it on purpose, and luckily its correctable after the fact albeit at almost triple the cost not including the time it will take to do. Care to take a guess what I did? See Where's Waldo pic below for the answer.

Also, I am very looking forward to seeing your truck, I hope its a perfect match for your Shocker Camaro but even close enough will be cool as heck.
iris.png

jsalbre

Reaction score
Sorry I missed this post @dmhines I did not get Blind Spot Monitoring, I assumed many things along the way, tradesman, long bed, 50 gallon tank, but mostly the 7" TFT cluster (so happy that one came through for $75) was my main thought for the delay. But later I thought, I did it to myself making the dumbest decision in the history of decisions, didn't do it on purpose, and luckily its correctable after the fact albeit at almost triple the cost not including the time it will take to do. Care to take a guess what I did? See Where's Waldo pic below for the answer.

Also, I am very looking forward to seeing your truck, I hope its a perfect match for your Shocker Camaro but even close enough will be cool as heck.
View attachment 53255
No ACC, no proximity entry, no front camera?

engweld22

Reaction score

View attachment 53255
No tow hooks, night edition

44Dan44

Reaction score
No tow hooks, night edition
Freaking tow hooks is right!!!
So I think its fair to assume that this particular lower grille without the openings is fairly rare in the parts bins (and may have caused me a delay in C status) since many other options cause tow hooks to be included, I forgot to click the $100 tow hook option because a different option gave me the skid plate so I just assumed. I have the new lower grille piece and tow hooks and hardware in hand for when my truck comes in.

Image 3-13-23 at 8.14 AM.jpg

engweld22

Reaction score
Should just be able to pop it out from the back, then the tow hooks can be slid through. Shouldn't have to remove the facia.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Should just be able to pop it out from the back, then the tow hooks can be slid through. Shouldn't have to remove the facia.
I think it's that way in another trim or older model, this just has integrated honeycomb that you'd have to cut.

Users who are viewing this thread