Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
They have a fix, once again it's a parts issue, getting them built fast enough and shipped, it's a sign of the times unfortunately

Alligator John

Reaction score
My PW went from order to built in 25 days. I'm paying cash. I had put the money I allocated for the truck into a short term bond that pays at the end of March. I was fully expecting 4 to 6 months from time of order. I can move some other money around to cover it, but would rather not. I'm probably the only one on here hoping for a delay on the train ride.

wjburnell

Reaction score
My PW went from order to built in 25 days. I'm paying cash. I had put the money I allocated for the truck into a short term bond that pays at the end of March. I was fully expecting 4 to 6 months from time of order. I can move some other money around to cover it, but would rather not. I'm probably the only one on here hoping for a delay on the train ride.
I keep telling myself that the longer it takes the more of a downpayment I get to save and reap the benefits of lower payments - just try to keep blowing sunshine where there currently is none! :)

PurpleHaze

Reaction score
The ones I feel for are those who ordered last year and still no schedule! One is even a tradesman level! I also see one that was ordered and built within about 1 month. Hoping to see them pick up the pace, but not holding my breath. They still don't have a fix for the heater grid yet. Our trucks could possibly be delivered, but not be sold......:)
My truck has been delivered but can’t be sold. I did drive by and look it over.

Uhlaner

Reaction score
My truck has been delivered but can’t be sold. I did drive by and look it over.

Congratulations!
I did the same. My trucks been sitting at the dealer since the Feb. 17th…wonder how long the recall will take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybrfd

Reaction score
Congratulations!
I did the same. My trucks been sitting at the dealer since the Feb. 17th…wonder how long the recall will take.

Glad to hear about delivery sorry about the delay. I'm hearing about middle of March the parts should start flowing. Last recall allocation of lot setters were given priority over those on the road. Will give credit to Ram dealers/recall center, who bent over backwards to get my 22 in.

Uhlaner

Reaction score
Glad to hear about delivery sorry about the delay. I'm hearing about middle of March the parts should start flowing. Last recall allocation of lot setters were given priority over those on the road. Will give credit to Ram dealers/recall center, who bent over backwards to get my 22 in.

Maybrfd- thanks for the information! That would be excellent if that works out! Good to know. Thx.

AR2500

Reaction score
It is like they heard me whining:
View attachment 52622
Tracker shows I completed build yesterday. I know I have been bothering him a lot but @brv10 is this accurate for:
ORDER NUMBER
VIN
3C6TR5EJ2PG553036
Congratulations! Tracker shows I went to built status 2/27. Went to in production 1/23. Dealer says KZLD now BUT WILL NOT PROVIDE POC so I could see that.
Order # 57783330.
VIN 3C6UR5EJXPG534853

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Congratulations! Tracker shows I went to built status 2/27. Went to in production 1/23. Dealer says KZLD now BUT WILL NOT PROVIDE POC so I could see that.
Order # 57783330.
VIN 3C6UR5EJXPG534853
Why did they not give you a POC?

AR2500

Reaction score
Why did they not give you a POC?
Don’t know. Said the old one confirmed the pricing even though I had to get a new control number for the FCA Affiliates program. I told them I wanted it to see the status also as the tracker not always accurate. They verbally told me waiting for rail car.

Attachments

• AEA61B47-1985-4007-BEBB-B4B322BF63CF.png
    AEA61B47-1985-4007-BEBB-B4B322BF63CF.png
    744 KB · Views: 28

Ironsides77

Reaction score
I ordered the Aux switches which I read cancels out the rear trailer reverse. Can anyone here verify that? I do not want that useless knob in my truck lol

pr3dict

Reaction score
I ordered the Aux switches which I read cancels out the rear trailer reverse. Can anyone here verify that? I do not want that useless knob in my truck lol
It doesn't cancel out the trailer reverse as that's an option you need to specifically choose with the trailer technology package.

The trailer technology package comes with the useless knob and the new Digital rear view mirror.

I got the technology package instead of the aux switches because I really wanted that fancy new mirror.

With that being said there are so many great aftermarket aux switches to choose from. The thing that's going to suck is running power because (while I haven't done s lot of research yet) I'm under the impression that without the upfitters package or the aux switches, there is nowhere in the cab to easily tap into power.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
You are correct. If you have the auxiliary switches, you cannot have the rear trailer reverse. I did not want the knob, but NEEDED the auxiliary switches (figured I’ve been backing trailers for 40+ years, why do I need a truck to do it for me?), and when I ordered the truck, was told it was one or the other

maybrfd

Reaction score
You are correct. If you have the auxiliary switches, you cannot have the rear trailer reverse. I did not want the knob, but NEEDED the auxiliary switches (figured I’ve been backing trailers for 40+ years, why do I need a truck to do it for me?), and when I ordered the truck, was told it was one or the other
You may want to check with your stealer. You can add the wiring prep option w/o the switches and keep the plus group. The "useless " nob goes where the switches are usually mounted. There is another thread buried in an earlier discussion on this topic. Reason I say check with your stealer, is they may have some flex than the current site does not. For example try ordering a Laramie on the site with duallies....yet they are showing up at the dealers...

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
You may want to check with your stealer. You can add the wiring prep option w/o the switches and keep the plus group. The "useless " nob goes where the switches are usually mounted. There is another thread buried in an earlier discussion on this topic. Reason I say check with your stealer, is they may have some flex than the current site does not. For example try ordering a Laramie on the site with duallies....yet they are showing up at the dealers...
What “wiring prep option w/o the switches” are you referring to?
The person you quoted was correctly explaining that you can’t have the trailer reverse steering control feature AND the aux switches concurrently. If the truck is not optioned with aux switches, then it won’t have any of the aux switch wiring, and there is no option to have the truck prepped for them.

pacnw1963

Reaction score

What “wiring prep option w/o the switches” are you referring to?
The person you quoted was correctly explaining that you can’t have the trailer reverse steering control feature AND the aux switches concurrently. If the truck is not optioned with aux switches, then it won’t have any of the aux switch wiring, and there is no option to have the truck prepped for them.
I did see the wiring prep option in the build and buy at one point, but not really sure what it is. @Jimmy07 is correct, you can’t have the OEM instrument mounted auxiliary switches and the trailer reverse steering control concurrently (if in doubt, look at an interior picture with the switches and one of the steering control knob…There is not room for both). It’s simply a matter of dash space in the end, and it simply is not available. I don’t want after market switches, and loved the ones on my ‘22. Not only were they factory and looked great, they are completely programmable. I am 60, and my days of crawling under dashes to run wires are over. My mind thinks I still can, but then my 22 years jumping out of airplanes in the Army and my lower back remind me that I can’t. Like my wife said one day, “Getting old is weird because you’re still that same enthusiastic kid trapped in a $**tshow of a body.”

Ironsides77

Reaction score

100% agreed! Tons of cameras and I need a knob to reverse the steering inputs for me? No thanks.

My build shows aux switches so I’ll expect it to have them in there without a pointless knob :)

Users who are viewing this thread