Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

wjburnell

Reaction score
Was just able to see/download my build sheet. I found it interesting that though my original order indicated "Hemi" badges, the build sheet does not reflect that they will be on the truck (none listed). Not a big deal, just thought it was interesting and worth mentioning for others who have ordered a Hemi and may have been wondering.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Dealer sent some pics over. They said I can pick it up today or tomorrow.

Unfortunately with the jump in interest rates and the low ball they're offering for my trade-in I may end up having to cancel this completely... I'm pretty frustrated and stressed right now.

IMG_4700.jpegIMG_4699.jpegIMG_4694.jpeg

dmhines

Reaction score
Ram just using up whatever parts they have at hand :) Another confirming black bezel on Tradesman headlights without the chrome package, and yet on this one the Ram lettering is chrome and the one quoted above is black.

View attachment 51413
Hopefully mine is all black like on the picture on the tracker ... 44Dan44 .. Any idea what the hold up is on your Tradesman ?? I see you have blind spot monitoring and I know you also ordered the 7" Cluster . Wonder if RAM is just putting Tradesman at the bottom of the priority list. My tradesman is a Low volume color so I expected the delay - I also ordered Tradesman with BSM and 7" Cluster . but I assume your's is standard color ?

truckin-on

Reaction score
Ordered 11/1, 3500 CC SRW HO Limited. no movement, no explanation, nothing from the dealer after 3 months. I'm not alone I know, but as a Ram owner for 24 years, I am starting to seriously look at the 2024 Chevy HD. The finally have a black-out package and a bit more ponies under the hood. May be able to order a 2024 Chevy before I get any progress on the Ram. I understand supply issues, but come on...

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Ordered 11/1, 3500 CC SRW HO Limited. no movement, no explanation, nothing from the dealer after 3 months. I'm not alone I know, but as a Ram owner for 24 years, I am starting to seriously look at the 2024 Chevy HD. The finally have a black-out package and a bit more ponies under the hood. May be able to order a 2024 Chevy before I get any progress on the Ram. I understand supply issues, but come on...
Couldn't agree more. I'm going on 4+ months since ordered and stuck in D1 status. This is my first Ram after 5 different GM trucks and so far I've not been real impressed. I know that there are supply issues, but I've watched similar trucks ordered months after mine get built and shipped. Heck, there are guys in the 2022 thread that still don't have their trucks!

Reaction score
To circle back on my first post, I was able to go with my local dealership and order a 3500 mega cab laramie with the 6.4. Granger must not have had allocations or there was some other reason Ram was not allowing the order to go through with that configuration. My order was placed on 2/2 and on 2/3 I received an email from Ram with a confirmation and a VIN has already been assigned. Other options are the Level F package, bed utility group, tow tech group, safety group, night edition, and a few other small options. Now the wait begins and I really am hoping it comes before June.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Dealer confirmed my order status is currently at JBLD. I'm unable to identify this code in the code guide. (link below). I know the truck is at the Upfitter for a spray-in bed liner, side steps, and tonneau cover. Can someone tell me what JBLD is? Thank you.

Outside vendor storage. You are awaiting some part or item for the outside vendor to install - exactly where I sit since 1/30. Please please please don’t let me have a repeat of 59 days like last year

STGS517

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I'm going on 4+ months since ordered and stuck in D1 status. This is my first Ram after 5 different GM trucks and so far I've not been real impressed. I know that there are supply issues, but I've watched similar trucks ordered months after mine get built and shipped. Heck, there are guys in the 2022 thread that still don't have their trucks!
Yep, ordered 3500 CC long bed SRW Laramie on 10/24. Still sitting in D1. Can’t figure out why mine keeps getting skipped over for production. Kind of frustrating.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Yep, ordered 3500 CC long bed SRW Laramie on 10/24. Still sitting in D1. Can’t figure out why mine keeps getting skipped over for production. Kind of frustrating.
Yes...yes it is very frustrating. Especially when there is no reason why. I'm not aware of any constraints on my particular build either. Its just not getting built for what I'm assuming is my Hydro blue color choice. Other Rebels and Powerwagons ordered months after mine are already on train cars. The man BRV10 said they need 10 of a specific color to run it down the line. Hard to believe that in thousands of trucks that 9 other people haven't ordered it yet. The funny thing is the press trucks and advertising for the Powerwagon from 2019-2022 were almost always that color.

Ramfan2022

Reaction score
To you guys that have your tracking information on your rail car.... how did you get that? from Ramchat or your dealer?

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Outside vendor storage. You are awaiting some part or item for the outside vendor to install - exactly where I sit since 1/30. Please please please don’t let me have a repeat of 59 days like last year

I'm still waiting on my 2022. I was JBLD status for 97 days and finally went KZ on 12/30/22 where i have been stuck waiting on shipping.

maybrfd

Reaction score
And up next...I got roaded last year into purchasing a totally underwhelming 2022 3500. This year threw I. The towel after the truck spent more time in the shop, than on the road (recalls, shock leak, fluid levels low(probably poor pdi)). Anyway, hoping 2023s are built better, so ordered a limited cc, ho, 4:10, dry, long bed, level one, block heater, bed step, plus pack, levelers....will add to the wait list spreadsheet once I get a position in the dealers allotments....yeah more payments....stupid is.....

revhomeslice

Reaction score
I was set to place and order for a 3500 Big Horn and got a call from the dealer - it got cancelled. Turns out the 6.4L gasser is no longer available for the 3500 series as of this week (anyone gonna update the Ram website?). Really wanted that exta thousand pounds of payload over the 2500. Called a second dealer and confirmed that this is no longer an option. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I'm wondering if I should wait out a temporary production blip or just pull the trigger on the 2500.

Reaction score
I was set to place and order for a 3500 Big Horn and got a call from the dealer - it got cancelled. Turns out the 6.4L gasser is no longer available for the 3500 series as of this week (anyone gonna update the Ram website?). Really wanted that exta thousand pounds of payload over the 2500. Called a second dealer and confirmed that this is no longer an option. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I'm wondering if I should wait out a temporary production blip or just pull the trigger on the 2500.

This makes me worried as I was told by a large dealer that I couldn’t order a 2500 or 3500 in the Laramie, longhorn, or limited trim levels with the 6.4. I need the mega cab so I almost wasn’t going to order a truck at all since that cab is only available on those trims.

I ordered a 3500 Laramie mega cab with the 6.4 from my local dealer last week and the order was accepted and a VIN was issued on 2/3. I am hoping that since I already have a VIN that the order will not be canceled.

Eli77657

Reaction score
With the Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats by Mopar do you still get the normal floor mats? Or only the rubber one?

Users who are viewing this thread