Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

phatboy64

Reaction score
Just checking options if mine doesn’t get built in a reasonable time, a fully loaded 23 Silverado 3500 high country has a lower MSRP then the 11% discount I got from granger. Comparing MSRP, the Chevy was almost $15k less then the MSRP of the limited I ordered.
They have loaded 2023 Denali’s sitting on dealer lots near me with sticker prices $12k lower then the Limited I have on order.

44Dan44

Reaction score
They have loaded 2023 Denali’s sitting on dealer lots near me with sticker prices $12k lower then the Limited I have on order.
so ugly though :)
Side note: Thank you Stellantis for resisting the urge to put a molded in plastic side bed step for another year. Just because you see Chevy, GMC, and now Ford do it, doesn't mean it's a good idea. If you wanna do it, go all out and make a an old school step side bed. Feel free to use this for your inspiration.dodge-lil-red-express-the-grandfather-of-factory-built-performance-trucks_3.jpg

BSN81

Reaction score
I bet they have a hard time selling it with the new re-designed trucks coming soon. I wouldn't personally buy it knowing there is better coming very soon.

BSN81

Reaction score
I agree. But that could be said about those of us who ordered 2023 Rams knowing the 2024 will be “better”..
Haha. True. We just don't know what the changes are going to be. And probably secret hoping there is no major updates.

Greg10yes

Reaction score
yes, like the new cab (5th gen) we have been promised, new transmission, but here we are waiting for our 23's we want/need. With Ford and GM both updating their HD trucks, Ram will have to respond.

extremehabit

Reaction score
I bet they have a hard time selling it with the new re-designed trucks coming soon. I wouldn't personally buy it knowing there is better coming very soon.

$12k is still $12k. I would take a nicely equipped last year's model for that kind of savings. Now, dealing with a salesperson on the lot with their games, having to "ask their boss," etc. that is also worth $$$ to avoid. lol

pr3dict

Reaction score
I agree. But that could be said about those of us who ordered 2023 Rams knowing the 2024 will be “better”..
The 23 to 24 Chevy/gmcs are a lot different then the 22 to 23 rams. The entire interior is different on the 24s. So much sk that I ordered a ram because I need a damn truck and the 23 GMC wasn't ready for prime time...

Though with this delay I might have to go back to a 24 gmc when they can get ordered in March. Probably will show up before my yet to be scheduled ram

Pitboss44

Reaction score
yes, like the new cab (5th gen) we have been promised, new transmission, but here we are waiting for our 23's we want/need. With Ford and GM both updating their HD trucks, Ram will have to respond.
They have the HO 6 cylinder that could make its way into the hd lineup too.

phatboy64

Reaction score
$12k is still $12k. I would take a nicely equipped last year's model for that kind of savings. Now, dealing with a salesperson on the lot with their games, having to "ask their boss," etc. that is also worth $$$ to avoid. lol
I bet you can get them lower then sticker also..I would bet you could get a 2023 Denile for $17K savings over a 2023 RAM Limited and get it now. This is not to mention the savings on trade in depreciation and interest rate hikes between now and whenever the 2023's show up....

Greg10yes

Reaction score
The 23 to 24 Chevy/gmcs are a lot different then the 22 to 23 rams. The entire interior is different on the 24s. So much sk that I ordered a ram because I need a damn truck and the 23 GMC wasn't ready for prime time...

Though with this delay I might have to go back to a 24 gmc when they can get ordered in March. Probably will show up before my yet to be scheduled ram
agree and the frustrating part, if you look at the 22 forum, there are guys waiting for their trucks that were built in July and August, still in Mexico, haven't been loaded on a train. I don't understand that at all.

extremehabit

Reaction score
agree and the frustrating part, if you look at the 22 forum, there are guys waiting for their trucks that were built in July and August, still in Mexico, haven't been loaded on a train. I don't understand that at all.
Yea, I'm almost in disbelief about the waiting for transport part. That is wild.

cjh1669

Reaction score
Side note: Thank you Stellantis for resisting the urge to put a molded in plastic side bed step for another year. Just because you see Chevy, GMC, and now Ford do it, doesn't mean it's a good idea. If you wanna do it, go all out and make a an old school step side bed. Feel free to use this for your inspiration.View attachment 48829
It's all a matter of opinion, the current and new GMC and chevys are good looking trucks

superbird

Reaction score
Side note: Thank you Stellantis for resisting the urge to put a molded in plastic side bed step for another year. Just because you see Chevy, GMC, and now Ford do it, doesn't mean it's a good idea. If you wanna do it, go all out and make a an old school step side bed. Feel free to use this for your inspiration.View attachment 48829
I have a 78 Little Red Express

cjh1669

Reaction score
1671207339275.png
Add some wheels and some bigger tires and you have a gorgeous vehicle and the new interiors are nuts on these

44Dan44

Reaction score
View attachment 48838
Add some wheels and some bigger tires and you have a gorgeous vehicle and the new interiors are nuts on these
Pretty certain that the new interiors are nuts on the 2024s which I think is your photo. Same since 2019 for now. Edit to add: If you are willing to pay up for Denali (I believe your photo is Denali Black Diamond) that's one thing. But, if you take a 2023 Tradesman vs 2023 Ram Pro (base) and "add some bigger wheels and tires", the GMC Pro and The Chevy WT are destroyed. Apples to Apples

Last edited:

cjh1669

Reaction score
Pretty certain that the new interiors are nuts on the 2024s which I think is your photo. Same since 2019 for now.
I was referencing the 24s. The big issues GMCs had for along time was a smaller cab, they fixed that a few years ago. Really the only advantage Ram interiors have now is the 12 inch screen and starting with the 22s in fords and 24s and GMC that advantage is taken away. Add to it now you have to go limited to get that screen and ram is really losing ground

Tater86

Reaction score
I was referencing the 24s. The big issues GMCs had for along time was a smaller cab, they fixed that a few years ago. Really the only advantage Ram interiors have now is the 12 inch screen and starting with the 22s in fords and 24s and GMC that advantage is taken away. Add to it now you have to go limited to get that screen and ram is really losing ground
I'm with you on the 24 GMCs/Chevy's, I really like what I saw on the release for those for the interior. I still don't think the ride will be as nice, but I could live without that. I'm still going to check them out when they are released and debate whether or not I'm keeping mine whenever it shows up.

Tater86

Reaction score
Another question is, does anyone think any of the current in production 23's will ship out this year before they shut down for the holiday?

Users who are viewing this thread