Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

BSN81

Reaction score
My dealer notified me that the reason my truck is not on the tracker is because I ordered the Laramie equipment package 2 and the new digital cluster is not available on the Laramie even though my order was confirmed, he said ram is not going to build it with it he said equipment package 2 is now equipment package F has anybody else heard of this? If so, what’s included in package F and is there a price difference?
@Bcrouse mentioned this earlier, post #777. He received the same phone call details. However I spoke to my dealer today in length about a couple of issues and he had not heard anything about it. So i'm not sure how Ram is going to handle this for the ones that were confirmed. Someone else mentioned the new package is exactly the same, minus the digital cluster, code JAN.

FLARam

Reaction score
My dealer notified me that the reason my truck is not on the tracker is because I ordered the Laramie equipment package 2 and the new digital cluster is not available on the Laramie even though my order was confirmed, he said ram is not going to build it with it he said equipment package 2 is now equipment package F has anybody else heard of this? If so, what’s included in package F and is there a price difference?
When did you order?

pr3dict

Reaction score
Ive reached out to my dealer a bunch of times regarding my concerns about the fact that my truck is not on the tracker either. So much so that the Dealer told me I was in D status like the day after I placed the order (September 11th) but has since told me it has gone back to C status and I'm in a limited... Brv10 has told me that he still sees it in D status though so I'm not sure wtf is going on.

All I know is that if we aren't in D1 we are not safe.

combine9770sts

Reaction score
Just received a call from Koons, and in the time between when my deposit was paid and they went to place the order, he said Ram removed the Big Horn L2 Equipment Group (A63) and the Tech Package (AA2). The base MSRP also was increased. He told me that his rep at Ram said to wait to place the order next week when the 12" radio moves into the L2 group (and I'm assuming out of tech?) and it will end up being cheaper.

So my order is on hold now while he watches those packages to see what happens. He also offered to refund my deposit if the price change pushes my build out of where I'm comfortable.
Wait,I have a 2023 on order through enterprise fleet management and it’s a 2023 Big Horn crew cab 6.4 foot bed and Cummins Diesel engine. It has the level C equipment group. Does this mean all big horns no longer have access to the level C group?

bhal212

Reaction score
Wait,I have a 2023 on order through enterprise fleet management and it’s a 2023 Big Horn crew cab 6.4 foot bed and Cummins Diesel engine. It has the level C equipment group. Does this mean all big horns no longer have access to the level C group?
I would assume so, the build guide I found here only listed level 1 and 2

Jcp6263

Reaction score
Ive reached out to my dealer a bunch of times regarding my concerns about the fact that my truck is not on the tracker either. So much so that the Dealer told me I was in D status like the day after I placed the order (September 11th) but has since told me it has gone back to C status and I'm in a limited... Brv10 has told me that he still sees it in D status though so I'm not sure wtf is going on.

All I know is that if we aren't in D1 we are not safe.
A couple days after I placed my order, I was told I was in d status I knew there was something wrong the fact that my order was not showing up on the tracker with my Vin, even though the dealer gave me my Vin I don’t know how ram is going to handle this, but it’s not looking in my favor and from what I’m understanding the Laramie is dropping the fender flares, which I really like now if I can’t get the new digital gauge, I think I’m going to change my order to a basic Big Horn with HO Cummins as I need a Truck for my business and wait until the end of next year to re-order the truck I want

Drew M

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to ask. Which is better, AMP Research Powered Running Boards or RAM OEM? Why?
Thanks in advance!

pizzatots

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to ask. Which is better, AMP Research Powered Running Boards or RAM OEM? Why?
Thanks in advance!

My understanding is the OEM board are made by AMP. I will have the OEM installed at the dealer (MD), since they couldnt be ordered at the factory (Laramie). MD said they could install them when the truck gets there. I'm going OEM just so they are under my warranty and the dash button will work to extend/retract them.

mattbsea

Reaction score
My understanding is the OEM board are made by AMP. I will have the OEM installed at the dealer (MD), since they couldnt be ordered at the factory (Laramie). MD said they could install them when the truck gets there. I'm going OEM just so they are under my warranty and the dash button will work to extend/retract them.

What price did they quote you on the OEM?

superjoe83

Reaction score
From what I've read on here is that the wire harnesses are different on the non power board trucks and it wouldn't be an easy install. @Jimmy07 is this correct?

44Dan44

Reaction score
Would the dash button be present if not ordered from factory or do the OEM come with a add-on button that's different?

Drew M

Reaction score
The AMP has a lifetime warranty and are lighted.

jsalbre

Reaction score
OEM boards are not made by AMP, they’re made by RAM. The dealer will not be able to install them unless they’re going to make a custom wiring harness, and they may not be able to activate the controls in UConnect either. Some people here have installed them on their own, but it’s not easy.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I’ve talked to multiple 23 order customers, several have had to go back and modify their order because Ram pulled the digital dash and switched to Package F. I’ve run the VIN on a couple 23 Laramie trucks I can confirm are built, and I’m not seeing the 12” TFT cluster is on the equipment listing. I see the same 7” TFT Cluster listing as previous year trucks. I also can confirm there is no listing for Body Color Fender flares so they’ve definitely removed flares from the Laramie trim as well. I would run the VIN’s from the tracking sheet but ODC isn’t including the full ViN # this time so I can’t check the equipment listings for trucks we know are completed. There are significant standard features changes for the Laramie trim this year. You may want to sit down with your dealer and go over every single detail of what will and will not be on your truck before you proceed.

Last edited:

KM673000

Reaction score
Do we know for sure wheel well liners have been pulled? Ordered a 90k Laramie, would be really disappointed if that’s the case.

Is it able to be added easily aftermarket?

phatboy64

Reaction score
Yes I’ve talked to multiple 23 order customers, several have had to go back and modify their order because Ram pulled the digital dash and switched to Package F. I’ve run the VIN on a couple 23 Laramie trucks I can confirm are built, and I’m not seeing the 12” TFT cluster is on the equipment listing. I see the same 7” TFT Cluster listing as previous year trucks. I also can confirm there is no listing for Body Color Fender flares so they’ve definitely removed flares from the Laramie trim as well. I would run the VIN’s from the tracking sheet but ODC isn’t including the full ViN # this time so I can’t check the equipment listings for trucks we know are completed. There are significant standard features changes for the Laramie trim this year. You may want to sit down with your dealer and go over every single detail of what will and will not be on your truck before you proceed.
Are any of those multiple folks you spoke with Limited orders or where they all Laramie?

Lst1504

Reaction score
Do we know for sure wheel well liners have been pulled? Ordered a 90k Laramie, would be really disappointed if that’s the case.

Is it able to be added easily aftermarket?
Wheel well liners may be the same as 22, and maybe as far back as 19, if so you should be able to get them through parts department or aftermarket body shop supplies. The body should already be stamped with retainer holes

Users who are viewing this thread