Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Ironsides77

Reaction score
Here's my Laramie HEMI build. What am I missing? I like the bench, so I can spread my legs out. Last 2 Rams have had it, and I like it. Anything else I should be thinking about? Ill be pulling a bumper pull trailer, and hoping to get 2 dirt bikes in the back of the bed... and I really want a bunch of payload - so I never have to think twice about it, hence the HEMI build.

Its hard doing this without the website building being up..
Consider XH7, rear tow camera if it isnt in AAN. XH7 gives you the 3 view digital rear view mirror.

SPD//DMN

Reaction score
I'm wanting to order a Laramie MC and contemplating a 3500 with the HO and AISIN transmission vs. 2500 with std. 6.7 L Cummins. Either way, I'd also order the Auto Level Rear Air Suspension. Would I be compromising ride quality with the 3500 vs. 2500 when not towing? Also, I like the Ram Box system but am not able to configure it with the 5th wheel prep package. Does the Ram Box system preclude me from adding an aftermarket 5th wheel towing package in the future? Thanks-

pr3dict

Reaction score
I'm wanting to order a Laramie MC and contemplating a 3500 with the HO and AISIN transmission vs. 2500 with std. 6.7 L Cummins. Either way, I'd also order the Auto Level Rear Air Suspension. Would I be compromising ride quality with the 3500 vs. 2500 when not towing? Also, I like the Ram Box system but am not able to configure it with the 5th wheel prep package. Does the Ram Box system preclude me from adding an aftermarket 5th wheel towing package in the future? Thanks-
I've seen trucks on YouTube with rambox and a 5th wheel. I guess it depends on the pinbox you have on the trailer.

BSN81

Reaction score
Consider XH7, rear tow camera if it isnt in AAN. XH7 gives you the 3 view digital rear view mirror.
I was told by the dealer where I ordered my truck, XH7 isn't available for Laramie only Limited.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I have a question. I think I may have messed up another item on my order. I want the Anti-Spin Diff, is the only way to get it is on the Snow Cheif package? I thought the HD's had it by default.

SPD//DMN

Reaction score
I have a question. I think I may have messed up another item on my order. I want the Anti-Spin Diff, is the only way to get it is on the Snow Cheif package? I thought the HD's had it by default.
No, I believe it's a stand alone option and the order code is "DSA"

pr3dict

Reaction score
So I asked my dealer last night to add the "rambox delete" code to my 3500 Limited SRW with 5th wheel prep and they said that it was in status code "D" and cannot be changed. They advised that it will be built with the rambox AND the 5th wheel prep.

Any chance that it just gets stuck in the system and never gets built or they build it halfassed with no connections in the bed?

phatboy64

Reaction score
So I asked my dealer last night to add the "rambox delete" code to my 3500 Limited SRW with 5th wheel prep and they said that it was in status code "D" and cannot be changed. They advised that it will be built with the rambox AND the 5th wheel prep.

Any chance that it just gets stuck in the system and never gets built or they build it halfassed with no connections in the bed?
I would think they may just build it without the 5th wheel prep and you would get the rambox. I am in the same boat as you. If my dealer can't change it to include the rambox delete they said the would just do a new order for me and they would keep the existing one when it comes in.

It will be interesting to see if they now have a way to build both.

pr3dict

Reaction score
I would think they may just build it without the 5th wheel prep and you would get the rambox. I am in the same boat as you. If my dealer can't change it to include the rambox delete they said the would just do a new order for me and they would keep the existing one when it comes in.

It will be interesting to see if they now have a way to build both.
Lol it would not be interesting to find out when we wait months to find out if we got what we ordered or not...

How can the dealers not get a concrete answer on this?

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Well ladies and gentlemen, I would love to say I am new at this, and that this is my first rodeo, but I am transitioning over from the 2022 Builds Thread to this one due to a sequence of unfortunate events: My 2022 3500 Laramie Dually, ordered 3/13/2022, received 8/15/2022, was totaled on 9/12/2022 with only 1,100 miles on it. Waiting on the insurance company to finalize the paperwork before making a 2023 order and starting this whole process all over...AGAIN! @Brutal_HO and @OfficerDirtySanchez , y'all just missed me and wanted me to stick around!

phatboy64

Reaction score
Well ladies and gentlemen, I would love to say I am new at this, and that this is my first rodeo, but I am transitioning over from the 2022 Builds Thread to this one due to a sequence of unfortunate events: My 2022 3500 Laramie Dually, ordered 3/13/2022, received 8/15/2022, was totaled on 9/12/2022 with only 1,100 miles on it. Waiting on the insurance company to finalize the paperwork before making a 2023 order and starting this whole process all over...AGAIN! @Brutal_HO and @OfficerDirtySanchez , y'all just missed me and wanted me to stick around!
Wow, I hope you are alright!....

You really meant that the experience of ordering a truck was so much fun you wanted to do it again.. ;)

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Going to order a nearly identical 23 or are you applying some learnings and make some changes ?

We just virtually totaled my 22 3500 SRW order because the Mrs now wants a larger 5wheel and I need a DRW instead. Too late to change my 22 order from SRW -> DRW so im back to the back of the line once I get my 22 order canceled and 23 order finalized.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Wow, I hope you are alright!....

You really meant that the experience of ordering a truck was so much fun you wanted to do it again.. ;)
Bruised and sore, but faired well considering it was a 50mph near head on collision. If I had not been in a truck that weighed 10,100lbs (I had just weighted it the day before with 90 gallons of diesel in the auxiliary tank) I don't think I would be having this conversation. I am sure that truck saved my life.

For those just starting the waiting process, I will say, it is a long and tough road at times, but that truck was so worth the wait!!! So much better than the 2006 2500 I had just sold, and light years more than I ever expected!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Going to order a nearly identical 23 or are you applying some learnings and make some changes ?

We just virtually totaled my 22 3500 SRW order because the Mrs now wants a larger 5wheel and I need a DRW instead. Too late to change my 22 order from SRW -> DRW so im back to the back of the line once I get my 22 order canceled and 23 order finalized.
Still trying to figure out all of the changes with Renae at Mark Dodge. The electronics differences have me scratching my head. The only thing that I did not have on the 2022 that I wish I had had was the cross path/blind spot monitoring which this one definitely will have.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Just flip the 22.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Oh Jeez, not you AGAIN?

:D

Glad you're OK.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Just flip the 22.
Thought about it. I just dont have the time to deal with all the tire kickers.

I dont need the truck till next June at this point, so hopefully thats enough of a cushion.

Illymost

Reaction score
Bruised and sore, but faired well considering it was a 50mph near head on collision. If I had not been in a truck that weighed 10,100lbs (I had just weighted it the day before with 90 gallons of diesel in the auxiliary tank) I don't think I would be having this conversation. I am sure that truck saved my life.

For those just starting the waiting process, I will say, it is a long and tough road at times, but that truck was so worth the wait!!! So much better than the 2006 2500 I had just sold, and light years more than I ever expected!
Glad you’re alright.

Users who are viewing this thread