Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

gprguy

Reaction score
They are making slow progress. The body builder's guide has been updated for 2023 for both the HD's and chassis cabs:

There are some interesting crumbs to be found.. For example the chassis cab document about the trailer camera for the digital rear view mirror says there is a new trailer camera with a longer cable and a repeater, and that the 2022 XH7 camera is not compatible with a 2023 and vice versa. Slightly unfortunate for someone upgrading their truck if they already have that installed on their trailer, it'll have to be swapped out.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if RAM orders are currently on hold ? Local dealer said they can’t take any orders right now due to a manufactured hold

FLARam

Reaction score

BSN81

Reaction score
My worry is that this delays 2023 builds….although I ordered a Hemi V8.
Yeah I have the same worry and this 100% affects my build. There was an interesting date I noticed though. The article started all builds 9/4/19 through 11/4/22, so could it be that production stopped on 11/4/22 for the 22MY and they are working on a fix and or getting things ready for the 23MY? Maybe, but I honestly have no insight or idea. Just probably looking too much into those dates.

ollicat

Reaction score
This could be the reason for so many delays and lack of good information. Likely Ram new about this for a while but was debating what to do about it or how to release it. So in the mean time, they kept piling up "finished" trucks but never to ship them.

605Judo

Reaction score
First time poster. Order 2023 Ram 2500 Tradesman crewcab 6.4 Hemi on 11-11-22. Recieved VIN and VON on 11-16-22. Tried to enter the VON on the website but it still says the VON is invalid. Guess I'll wait for the info. Long time Ram owner but first time ordering a vehicle.

hexplor1

Reaction score
Stellantis issued a stop sale order today for all 2022's on lots that are affected by this recall until a fix is found and all trucks are fixed. Ugh...none of this can be good news for 2022's or 2023's...

Dark Sky

Reaction score
For those spec'ing out and ordering a new RAM, be careful when sorting through the various options (Captain Obvious here,,,). I received my '22 Limited NE in January and just cleared 18k miles on it. Most things have exceeded my expectations, but I did make a mistake when ordering camera options. I ordered the 360 view camera system for my trailer at $995 and have found that I really don't need it. My 36 foot 5th wheel has a good backup camera on it and I'm having no problems maneuvering the trailer as needed. I thought I might use the system on our 24 foot horse trailer but it turns out everywhere I go there's all kinds of space. I would suggest not ordering this option, unless you know you have a difficult spot to maneuver in and out of, such as where you store your trailer. I'm not alone as I see a few of these systems have been for sale brand new in the box on the Classifieds pages here. Mine is there for $500. Hmm, based on the XH7 camera (viewed in the 'tv' rear view) incompatibitlity between 2022 and 2023 I guess you'd want to confirm that a 2022 360 system is compatible with your new 2023. Good Luck with your order, and I hope you get your truck without too much delay. Mine took 17 weeks, almost exactly what the dealer advised me it would take.

FlyinJ88

Reaction score
My worry is that this delays 2023 builds….although I ordered a Hemi V8.
I put in an order for a '23 Hemi 2500 in early October and got this email yesterday:

We’re happy to share that your Ram 2500 is in our production queue. We will notify you once your vehicle has started the assembly process. Depending on manufacturing lead times, your vehicle may take longer to begin this step. We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated throughout the process.

Maybe they're pushing forward with Hemi orders while this gets sorted out.

ollicat

Reaction score
I put in an order for a '23 Hemi 2500 in early October and got this email yesterday:

We’re happy to share that your Ram 2500 is in our production queue. We will notify you once your vehicle has started the assembly process. Depending on manufacturing lead times, your vehicle may take longer to begin this step. We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated throughout the process.

Maybe they're pushing forward with Hemi orders while this gets sorted out.
I received the same email on Friday for my 23 Hemi. Fingers crossed

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I received the same email on Friday for my 23 Hemi. Fingers crossed
Hmmm. I ordered mine in Sept and no email or bump to D1 (although it sounds like that tracker is useless). Mine is Level 1 Powerwagon in Hydro blue so maybe its the color or something Powerwagon specific holding up the works. At this point, I'm beginning to get nervous I'll have this truck in time for Spring Jeep trips and may end up walking away from my order for a used one if prices keep going down.

SPD//DMN

Reaction score
Hmmm. I ordered mine in Sept and no email or bump to D1 (although it sounds like that tracker is useless). Mine is Level 1 Powerwagon in Hydro blue so maybe its the color or something Powerwagon specific holding up the works. At this point, I'm beginning to get nervous I'll have this truck in time for Spring Jeep trips and may end up walking away from my order for a used one if prices keep going down.
I ordered a fully loaded Laramie MC w/Hemi on 10/7. I have a VIN but the tracker shows no progress with my build (i.e., I'm in D status waiting for D1). I suspect the production planning takes into account not only your trim level but the options as well. I'm speculating low optioned trucks will be prioritized over those that are highly optioned. Just a guess... hope to see some progress with my build sooner rather than later. Good luck with yours!

KM673000

Reaction score
Ordered a very similar rig, H.O. Dually Laramie 11/5. How long are you guys expecting?

Users who are viewing this thread