Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

STGS517

Reaction score
I wouldn’t put a whole lot of faith in the Tracker! My truck still shows it hasn’t shipped and it is actually at the dealer waiting to be picked up.

areuriding

Reaction score

Husker1972

Reaction score
Thats typical of most sales and especially dealerships.

The Chevy dealer I ordered the silverado from when I lost all hope in RAM didnt answer any of my emails once I asked to cancel. Two weeks later I called the dealership and spoke to the sales manager to be like, listen I get your people want to focus on whats going to get them money but you need they also need to be ethical. If you are so short sighted to only care about the immediate sale then thats going to cost the company in the long run. I'll never attempt to buy a truck from that dealership over something so small as to not answer my emails when I want a refund. I was so pissed that I'm considering leaving a 1 star review on google.

The sales manager, as expected, didnt care and just handled the refund promptly without any acknowledgement of an issue. I've been in sales my whole life, and I hate salespeople.
I've been very surprised at the lack of concern for the customer through this who buying process. I went to two dealerships asking for specific information about HD trucks - saying I was interested in buying one - and the sales people did the absolute minimum, answering immediate questions - but I received zero follow up. When I went to the third dealership, they were more pleasant and helpful, but I've only received one follow up and that was in direct response to a question that I had about order tracking. The general attitude is "we're here to take your order."

Alligator John

Reaction score
A local dealership to me that had offered to take my order for over msrp sure is concerned. They call me all the time to ask me if I am interested in buying a truck even though I told them we were too far apart in price to bother with negotiating. I even explained it to the manager why so they would stop calling. One salesman texted me around midnight after that. They called again last night. It's been almost three months since I told them I already ordered one out of state. I may have to block the numbers I guess.

Spence

Reaction score
I'm sure the answer to this question is probably in this thread somewhere, but when does the window sticker populate? The tracker shows mine built 3/24, but no window sticker yet.

Edlee

Reaction score
I'm sure the answer to this question is probably in this thread somewhere, but when does the window sticker populate? The tracker shows mine built 3/24, but no window sticker yet.
I’m not sure how they do that with window sticker but when I went on ram tracker mine showed up at bottom of page when I clicked on it it was there and I think I went to kz on 24th

Edlee

Reaction score
A local dealership to me that had offered to take my order for over msrp sure is concerned. They call me all the time to ask me if I am interested in buying a truck even though I told them we were too far apart in price to bother with negotiating. I even explained it to the manager why so they would stop calling. One salesman texted me around midnight after that. They called again last night. It's been almost three months since I told them I already ordered one out of state. I may have to block the numbers I guess.
I had same problem with more than one local dealer telling me the same thing I read in this forum when I first joined about it would be over msrp because it was a special order

Spence

Reaction score
I’m not sure how they do that with window sticker but when I went on ram tracker mine showed up at bottom of page when I clicked on it it was there and I think I went to kz on 24th

Mine just said "not available for this VIN" when i clicked that link. Of course 15 minutes after i post this, it showed up.

Pitboss44

Reaction score
Just over 5 weeks to get out of kzld. Tracker updated and shows shipped last week. Brv the mvp pulled the rail car # and it’s somewhere in Texas, couldn’t make out what the automated system said. Looks like it will be roughly 6 months order to deliver.

CortexM0

Reaction score
Less than 24 hours ago, the tracker indicated my truck hadn't even shipped yet. Now it's showing that it finally shipped, but it doesn't know when. The shipped date is "TBD".
View attachment 53446

But I just got an email from Granger saying my truck has arrived!!! So either my truck made it from Mexico to Iowa in less than a day, or the tracker may not always be 100% accurate...
After just over 6 months of waiting, my truck finally made it home yesterday.
PXL_20230324_151010596.MP.jpgPXL_20230324_152048966.MP.jpg

The drive back from Iowa was right at 1000 miles. Averaged 20.5 MPG. Now time to start installing accessories and get it ready to pull the camper to Gulf Shores next week.

Last edited:

pizzatots

Reaction score
Never came back through with some photos. Cleaned it and sprayed on some "reload" ceramic spray today, before it rains again.

Great experience with Mark Dodge all the way around. Saved 10k even with shipping to California.

I hate the brake pedal. Other than that, solid truck.

Laramie, Hemi, Night

tempImageUWWU1l.jpgtempImagecA13Rm.jpg
tempImageqvE36y.jpg
tempImageu39SpM.jpg
tempImagedVqauN.jpg

Aaron.j.ackerman

Reaction score
So I found out my dealership just got a truck in that’s almost exactly what I ordered. Only big difference is the bench seats vs bucket seats and the truck I ordered has the auto leveling rear suspension where this one doesn’t. So my question is, if my truck hasn’t even shipped yet, should I hold off for my order to one day come in or pull the trigger on the truck at the lot? Basically how worth it is the suspension?

Big M

Reaction score
So I found out my dealership just got a truck in that’s almost exactly what I ordered. Only big difference is the bench seats vs bucket seats and the truck I ordered has the auto leveling rear suspension where this one doesn’t. So my question is, if my truck hasn’t even shipped yet, should I hold off for my order to one day come in or pull the trigger on the truck at the lot? Basically how worth it is the
Wait for what you ordered, or you'll always regret it.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Factoids/Stats for today:
Oldest C status on the tracker was ordered 10/20/22
Oldest D1 status on the tracker was ordered 9/19/22
Oldest KZ status on the tracker was ordered 9/13/22
Oldest KZM status on the tracker was ordered 9/9/22
Newest C status on the tracker was ordered 3/24/23
Newest D1 status on the tracker was ordered 3/20/23
Newest KZ status on the tracker was ordered 3/7/23
Newest KZM status on the tracker was ordered 2/10/23
Image 3-27-23 at 6.58 AM.jpg
Nice to see that KZX has the highest stats right now, congrats to everyone who has received their trucks.
KZ is building up, should be a decent trainload ready to go any day now.
I noted (some) grid heater relays being addressed on 23s at dealerships, hopefully that goes quickly for all affected.
Hang in there C and D1, we are all rooting for you.

Magzer

Reaction score
My truck arrived Friday evening!! :p 4 months, 8 days from Order to delivery date. It was their quickest 2500 to arrive in almost 2 years.

I went to look at it with the family Saturday and of course it started to down pour right as we pulled up to it so only two quick photo's for now till I pick it up this Thursday the 30th.

I will drive it 15 minutes back to our shop and that's where it'll sit for a week or two while it's gets PPF and full ceramic coating treatment. I'll still have my 12' Jeep SRT during this time anyways before I sell it. 20230325_150534.jpg20230325_150539.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread