Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

CortexM0

Reaction score
I have since found out that all 2023 DRVM equipped trucks use the same 3.0 DRVM, and they all have the camera processor. The cameras they use are different part numbers than the cameras that the 21-22 DRVM uses, so I’m not sure.
I don’t see a 2023 wired tow mode camera kit part number, but I do see the part numbers of the individual parts contained in the kit.
I found 3C6UR5SLXPG518688. It has the DRVM 3.0 without the tow mode camera. It appears to also have the port on the bumper.

If the regular DRVM and the 3.0 both use the same mirror and video processor, then unless I'm missing something, the only hardware difference between the regular DRVM and the 3.0 are the cameras in the side view mirrors. I'm guessing there would be several members interested in a 3.0 upgrade, if they could do so without needing the trailer reverse steering.

This is from a slightly older document, but do these component numbers match up with current part numbers?
Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 8.33.34 PM.png
If so, the kit part number may be 68586112AA But I can't find reference to this part number anywhere else...

BroadStBully

Reaction score
Congratulations! I am glad you were able to get out of there!!! This may come as a shock...but I am i
Guess our trucks have become pals and are in the back of the lot throwing down tequila shots to pass the time

It's all a crap shoot :D Last year I sat JB for 59 days, and looks like they may have recognized the truck and thought they'd be funny...LOL! I have a bedliner, side steps, wheel flares and old-man bed step (I realized when I got my '22 dually I could not climb up the back wheel and straddle the bed side like I used to do with my 2500...getting old is for the birds). I think that is it, but I could be wrong. @BroadStBully ordered almost the exact same truck option wise the day before me, We went in to production the same date, and I was built 5 days after his. The only difference was trim levels. Maybe it was the wheel flares. That lucky man cleared JB and shipped on the 20th and I am still in the JB Black Hole. Once again, I will have to enroll the truck in AA meetings like last years with all of the current partying my wide hipped beast is engaging in. Oh well, is what it is!
I don't get it either. I'm not a veteran at this like alot of guys on this forum but it definitely seems like I am lucking out. Maybe it's the chrome steps! Lol. Like I said, ill probably wait a month for the recall part to come in and we'll end up getting our trucks the same time! My dealership already said I won't get the truck till the recall work is complete.

PurpleHaze

Reaction score
I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. If it's like the 22s, then yes it can be added later. However there were some changes to the wired tow mode camera for the 23MY. I had Granger contact one of their reps and they were told "It will be the whole component that gets removed. They won’t be able to add it after the fact because it’s a different wiring harness." But until somebody with a 23 reports back, we won't know for sure.

Can you (or your dealer) look at the rear bumper and see if the connector is there for the camera?

Attachments

• DA0C572A-DA14-4189-AF54-25B919415353.jpeg
    DA0C572A-DA14-4189-AF54-25B919415353.jpeg
    434.3 KB · Views: 38

bhal212

Reaction score
I have since found out that all 2023 DRVM equipped trucks use the same 3.0 DRVM, and they all have the camera processor. The cameras they use are different part numbers than the cameras that the 21-22 DRVM uses, so I’m not sure.
I don’t see a 2023 wired tow mode camera kit part number, but I do see the part numbers of the individual parts contained in the kit.
Do you think that it will be possible for 23s other than Limiteds to add the camera(s) and DRVM later? I really wanted that tow mode camera but just couldn't afford a limited right now.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I found 3C6UR5SLXPG518688. It has the DRVM 3.0 without the tow mode camera. It appears to also have the port on the bumper.

If the regular DRVM and the 3.0 both use the same mirror and video processor, then unless I'm missing something, the only hardware difference between the regular DRVM and the 3.0 are the cameras in the side view mirrors. I'm guessing there would be several members interested in a 3.0 upgrade, if they could do so without needing the trailer reverse steering.

This is from a slightly older document, but do these component numbers match up with current part numbers?
View attachment 52414
If so, the kit part number may be 68586112AA But I can't find reference to this part number anywhere else...
There are part numbers for the mirror cameras and bezels, so it would be as simple as installing them and running some fakra z coax cable.
For the wired tow mode camera, the camera part number is 68640161AA. Everything else matches up.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Do you think that it will be possible for 23s other than Limiteds to add the camera(s) and DRVM later? I really wanted that tow mode camera but just couldn't afford a limited right now.
Anything can be added later.

CortexM0

Reaction score
Tracker updated to KZX today. Vehicle is at the dealer. They strange thing is. A window sticker still haven’t populated. I’m probably one of the first for this. I don’t see the wired camera tow mode camera on the build sheet so it looks like it was removed. I never got any notification it might be removed. Is this something that can be added later.
DA0C572A-DA14-4189-AF54-25B919415353.jpeg
I haven't seen one in person yet, but to me that looks like a connector for the tow mode camera just to the left of your license plate. If it has a connector (and not just a dummy plug), I'm guessing it's likely you'll be able to add the tow mode camera later (once parts become available). But this is just a guess until somebody actually tries it.

PurpleHaze

Reaction score
View attachment 52422
I haven't seen one in person yet, but to me that looks like a connector for the tow mode camera just to the left of your license plate. If it has a connector (and not just a dummy plug), I'm guessing it's likely you'll be able to add the tow mode camera later (once parts become available). But this is just a guess until somebody actually tries it.

Attachments

• 557ECB83-5ADF-429E-B39A-DE9F73698DD6.jpeg
    557ECB83-5ADF-429E-B39A-DE9F73698DD6.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 44

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
The majority of these trucks will fall into an LD status at one time or another and whether they go to a vendor or not, no worries, usually

wjburnell

Reaction score
The majority of these trucks will fall into an LD status at one time or another and whether they go to a vendor or not, no worries, usually
The "usually" part is what worries me. 3 weeks since entering "E" status. You did let me know I was in JBLD - much appreciated, by the way. I guess my expectations about spray-in bed liner, running boards, and availability of floor mats have me scratching my head as to the hold up. Are supply chain issues still that bad (rhetorical question)? I know others have waited longer. I guess it's normal for a first timer to be playing Tom Petty's, The Waiting is the Hardest Part, over and over in their heads.

OutWest

Reaction score
It sure is interesting how long it takes for orders to progress through production.

I have zero add ons (bed liner, steps, etc) and hopefully will go quick when production starts.

Would be interesting to see the averages of those on spreadsheet through each phase.

Does Ram need 10 minimum for each color prior to production run?

First time I have ordered a new truck.

Gilliland

Reaction score
So I just checked the ram tracker and noticed something weird. The tracker showed that my truck shipped on Feb 20th, then today Its showing it shipped on Feb 24th. Glitch in the system or something else? Screenshot_20230221_110031_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230225_192751_Chrome.jpg

filemaniac

Reaction score
Well, apparently my 3500 Limited shipped! I'm pleasantly surprised after 4 months of no status changes. My delivery date changed from 4/28 to TBD though. Can someone remind me how I figure out what rail company, train, and car I'm on? I know it's somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it...

Screenshot_20230225_220654_Chrome.jpg

Big M

Reaction score
If you ordered your truck in a low volume color, yes. Normal production colors are ordered for dealer stock, and won't have the wait for color.
It sure is interesting how long it takes for orders to progress through production.

I have zero add ons (bed liner, steps, etc) and hopefully will go quick when production starts.

Would be interesting to see the averages of those on spreadsheet through each phase.

Does Ram need 10 minimum for each color prior to production run?

First time I have ordered a new truck.

Users who are viewing this thread