Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Over 4 months ago I placed my order via Granger, still in C status, hasn't moved, they wanted $1,000 non refundable deposit. I live in Ohio but they don't so will have to see what state laws govern, probably theirs, plus hiring an attorney will cost half the deposit. They haven't been very helpful, other then to send me an email 1/month stating my truck isn't built yet (no ****) but once it shows up they will work out financing. I think there is an issue with my order, when you get the build data, there is no data for all the options etc., when I first noticed that brv10 said that it doesn't look right but give it a couple of weeks to sort out, still hasn't. I made a color change to the truck hoping that would force the order out of being stuck. Nothing has happened on that either, When I ask Granger, the answer I get is sometimes Ram accepts the changes, sometimes they don't. About a month ago one of the rocket scientists at Stellantis said they were going to put ramboxes on my SRW longbed, I told them that isn't possible, but dealing with granger and ram about that was another day out of my life I will never get back. Brv10 told me it is the dealers issue, the dealer said it is stellantis' issue. So basically shut up and accept what we ship you if we ever ship it. I am sure my general snarkiness and general piss poor attitude over all this crap doesn't help, I am sure my name and von number is on someone's dart board at stellantis.
Where do you live in Ohio? Doesn't help the ordered truck situation, but I was able to get a local dealer to match pricing from some of the big boys on here since I was leery of dealing with out of state stuff should something (like this) get weird. Something to consider if you end up having to re-order after its all said and done. Hopefully the situation works out and you don't have to go that route.

Greg10yes

Reaction score
Where do you live in Ohio? Doesn't help the ordered truck situation, but I was able to get a local dealer to match pricing from some of the big boys on here since I was leery of dealing with out of state stuff should something (like this) get weird. Something to consider if you end up having to re-order after its all said and done. Hopefully the situation works out and you don't have to go that route.
Medina,

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Congratulations! This may come as a shock...but I am still JB...LOL!
I really am beginning to think its dart boards for production decisions at Ram Saltillo. I think mine went offsite same time as yours and mine is waiting on an available train according to BRV10. Mine went off-site for the bedliner. I'd assume the standard step rails and tonneau just get tossed in the bed to be dealer installed. Any idea what stuff is being done offsite for yours?

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Well, not far from me at all. I'm n Stow just outside of Akron. I went with Brunswick Automart CDJR for my order if you have to go that route. Just show them your build sheet and confirmed pricing and they may match. That stuff changes like the wind, but might be worth trying if this one goes any further south.

Eli77657

Reaction score
I guess the northeast train must be on a 'High Speed Line' . Estimated delivery just moved up another week. 3/21 to 3/15 according to the ram tracker. Of course, it'll just be sitting at the dealership until the recall part arrives. Hoping to at least get it before my original date of 4/14.

Lucky you mine is stuck since 1/27 no movement tracker says built brv10 said it’s at vendor

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I really am beginning to think its dart boards for production decisions at Ram Saltillo. I think mine went offsite same time as yours and mine is waiting on an available train according to BRV10. Mine went off-site for the bedliner. I'd assume the standard step rails and tonneau just get tossed in the bed to be dealer installed. Any idea what stuff is being done offsite for yours?
It's all a crap shoot :D Last year I sat JB for 59 days, and looks like they may have recognized the truck and thought they'd be funny...LOL! I have a bedliner, side steps, wheel flares and old-man bed step (I realized when I got my '22 dually I could not climb up the back wheel and straddle the bed side like I used to do with my 2500...getting old is for the birds). I think that is it, but I could be wrong. @BroadStBully ordered almost the exact same truck option wise the day before me, We went in to production the same date, and I was built 5 days after his. The only difference was trim levels. Maybe it was the wheel flares. That lucky man cleared JB and shipped on the 20th and I am still in the JB Black Hole. Once again, I will have to enroll the truck in AA meetings like last years with all of the current partying my wide hipped beast is engaging in. Oh well, is what it is!

Eli77657

Reaction score
It's all a crap shoot :D Last year I sat JB for 59 days, and looks like they may have recognized the truck and thought they'd be funny...LOL! I have a bedliner, side steps, and old-man bed step (I realized when I got my '22 dually I could not climb up the back wheel and straddle the bed side like I used to do with my 2500...getting old is for the birds). I think that is it, but I could be wrong. @BroadStBully ordered almost the exact same truck option wise the day before me, We went in to production the same date, and I was built 5 days after his. The only difference was trim levels. That lucky man cleared JB and shipped on the 20th and I am still in the JB Black Hole. Once again, I will have to enroll the truck in AA meetings like last years with all of the current partying my wide hipped beast is engaging in. Oh well, is what it is!

Well said but I didn’t get that wide hips I’m debating if I should put in another order and see what happens

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Well said but I didn’t get that wide hips I’m debating if I should put in another order and see what happens
Guess our trucks have become pals and are in the back of the lot throwing down tequila shots to pass the time

Eli77657

Reaction score
Guess our trucks have become pals and are in the back of the lot throwing down tequila shots to pass the time

Hey ima start partying here and by the time it gets here I’ll be sober cheers people

Greg10yes

Reaction score
Well, not far from me at all. I'm n Stow just outside of Akron. I went with Brunswick Automart CDJR for my order if you have to go that route. Just show them your build sheet and confirmed pricing and they may match. That stuff changes like the wind, but might be worth trying if this one goes any further south.
actually I had gone to them and told them I was placing the order on x day, they responded 2 days after the drop dead date but they were pretty close, would have gone with them if they had answered on time. I gave them numerous days.

gprguy

Reaction score
Welp, my 5500 just went E today, which is great. Estimated delivery date of 4/20 which is not so great for my camping trip in early/mid May. Was hoping the truck would come in after that. First world problems for sure..

Drew M

Reaction score
Interesting. Mark Dodge ordered the Amp steps for my 2023 Laramie Hemi Megacab and they would not fit. Maybe just the diesel ones are the same
I don't know, but I'll find out Tuesday or Thursday. I had specifically asked about a 2023, Big Horn, Crew Cab, Hemi, and was told by A.J. yes they would fit.
I'll post my results.

PurpleHaze

Reaction score
Tracker updated to KZX today. Vehicle is at the dealer. They strange thing is. A window sticker still haven’t populated. I’m probably one of the first for this. I don’t see the wired camera tow mode camera on the build sheet so it looks like it was removed. I never got any notification it might be removed. Is this something that can be added later.

CortexM0

Reaction score
Tracker updated to KZX today. Vehicle is at the dealer. They strange thing is. A window sticker still haven’t populated. I’m probably one of the first for this. I don’t see the wired camera tow mode camera on the build sheet so it looks like it was removed. I never got any notification it might be removed. Is this something that can be added later.
I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. If it's like the 22s, then yes it can be added later. However there were some changes to the wired tow mode camera for the 23MY. I had Granger contact one of their reps and they were told "It will be the whole component that gets removed. They won’t be able to add it after the fact because it’s a different wiring harness." But until somebody with a 23 reports back, we won't know for sure.

Can you (or your dealer) look at the rear bumper and see if the connector is there for the camera?

pizzatots

Reaction score
I believe I'm awaiting a truck from port to Mark Dodge. Could be any day now...

Questions now....
AMP steps?
Drive, or ship to Cali... hmmm

Big M

Reaction score
Yeah, I had a dealer here in Ohio ask for a $5,000 non-refundable deposit because I want a Hemi-powered Dually - said he'd never be able to sell it if I didn't buy it. I went to another dealership, who agreed it'd be a hard sell, but told me that (regardless of the deposit amount) they cannot legally keep the money if I chose not to buy the truck. And so, they got my business. Again, might be worth looking into, legally speaking. Wish you the best!
Appreciate the tips, but the way I figure, it'll be 5K less that I'll have to pay once the truck is delivered. The dealer knocked off 6K on MSRP, and having it delivered from Phoenix to Ca. will save me a good amount in local and municipal taxes. I suspect it will be a long wait anyways, as 9 others have to order the same color as mine. Been four months since ordered now, and still in C.

dmhines

Reaction score
I had to pay a $5,000 deposit that is non-refundable if the truck is produced and I don't buy it. The dealer did not want low volume color trucks on the lot as they are harder to find a buyer for is what I was told.
I ordered my low volume color 2500 from Granger in November.. they charged me the same $1,000 deposit as any other order.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. If it's like the 22s, then yes it can be added later. However there were some changes to the wired tow mode camera for the 23MY. I had Granger contact one of their reps and they were told "It will be the whole component that gets removed. They won’t be able to add it after the fact because it’s a different wiring harness." But until somebody with a 23 reports back, we won't know for sure.

Can you (or your dealer) look at the rear bumper and see if the connector is there for the camera?
Just a quick search, and here are 3 DRVM equipped limiteds that do not have wired tow mode camera, but do have the bumper port:
http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/280C0FA5
http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/2827E084
http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/2824ABE1

I can’t find a limited that is equipped with the DRVM but not equipped with the bumper port (that I can tell from pics anyway).

CortexM0

Reaction score
Just a quick search, and here are 3 DRVM equipped limiteds that do not have wired tow mode camera, but do have the bumper port:
http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/280C0FA5
http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/2827E084
http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/2824ABE1

I can’t find a limited that is equipped with the DRVM but not equipped with the bumper port (that I can tell from pics anyway).
Good finds. If they have that port, I would think there's a good chance that adding the tow-mode camera would be as simple as getting one and plugging it in. (Despite what I was told from the dealership). I can't think of any other reason why they'd have that connector.

I'll do some more searching and see if I can find one with the DRVM 3.0 system.

Then my next question becomes will the 22 camera work with a 23?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Good finds. If they have that port, I would think there's a good chance that adding the tow-mode camera would be as simple as getting one and plugging it in. (Despite what I was told from the dealership). I can't think of any other reason why they'd have that connector.

I'll do some more searching and see if I can find one with the DRVM 3.0 system.

Then my next question becomes will the 22 camera work with a 23?
I have since found out that all 2023 DRVM equipped trucks use the same 3.0 DRVM, and they all have the camera processor. The cameras they use are different part numbers than the cameras that the 21-22 DRVM uses, so I’m not sure.
I don’t see a 2023 wired tow mode camera kit part number, but I do see the part numbers of the individual parts contained in the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread