Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Manual recommends 15k mile OCI and fuel filter interval, the truck has an indicator for fuel filter and oil life which roughly equate out to 15k miles. I did my first fuel filter and oil change at 10k miles and will do the remainder at 15k or 1 year miles or if the indicator says I need to change sooner.

Changing every 5k miles on the Cummins is an absolute waste of money.
The swirl marks aren't from the factory, they're from the minimum wage teenager that washed your truck with a dirty rag at the dealership.

The truck will tell you when to change the oil. You should also read the manual to see if your use requires a different schedule than the built in monitor says. 5000 mile oil changes is just throwing money away.
I just feel like for 1 trusting the indicator is so sketchy and 2 I feel like 10k to 15k is such a long time man. but I'm also used to gassers and doing them every 5k so I guess its just something I gotta get used to.

And for the swirl marks that's exactly why I don't let anyone besides myself or a professional detailer touch the paint. I even told the dealer to just power wash the truck not actually wash it but I guess they didn't listen to well.
Luckily its at the detailer getting paint corrected and ceramic coated to protect that factory paint.

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
I was finally able to fly out and pick up my truck... since everyone wants to know dates, I will include what I know. I never emailed the dealer for updates as I was already prepared for a 6-8 month wait.

Laramie Level 1, plus other doo dads.

10/13/22 - Order placed, confirmed.
12/6/2022 - Scheduled
12/21/2022 - In production
12/22/2022 - Vehicle Built
1/6/2023 - Shipped, but later changed to 1/10/2023 as shipped
1/23/2023 - Arrived @ dealer, Tennessee.

Currently driving back to the west coast... just racked up 600+ miles today. :)

IMG_0151.jpg

BSN81

Reaction score
So, after looking at my build sheet I’m glad to say they didn’t drop anything from my order that I’m aware of at least. The only thing I’m iffy about is the digital gauge cluster, I didn’t see it on there but to be honest I don’t remember if I tried ordering it with that option
According to your equipment listing you don't have the new digital cluster. Did you order with the Laramie 2 package or the F package? My guess is that since you ordered early on it was the 2 package, which was supposed to have the digital cluster, but Ram later said the Laramie wouldn't get that option. I was in that position but no one notified me of this change.

tchur1

Reaction score
I just feel like for 1 trusting the indicator is so sketchy and 2 I feel like 10k to 15k is such a long time man. but I'm also used to gassers and doing them every 5k so I guess its just something I gotta get used to.

And for the swirl marks that's exactly why I don't let anyone besides myself or a professional detailer touch the paint. I even told the dealer to just power wash the truck not actually wash it but I guess they didn't listen to well.
Luckily its at the detailer getting paint corrected and ceramic coated to protect that factory paint.
I use the indicator as a last resort. Change every 15k or 12 months and you’re good. You’re totally inclined to change more frequently, you just don’t need to.

Aaron.j.ackerman

Reaction score
According to your equipment listing you don't have the new digital cluster. Did you order with the Laramie 2 package or the F package? My guess is that since you ordered early on it was the 2 package, which was supposed to have the digital cluster, but Ram later said the Laramie wouldn't get that option. I was in that position but no one notified me of this change.
Well that makes sense, I was curious why it was called level f package now haha. That’s a bummer, would’ve been cool seeing that gauge cluster lol. But oh well, it is kind of annoying they didn’t notify me of that change either. You’d think the dealership would find out and start calling people who thought they had that option…

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Congrats dude! I think you'll be the first Rebel delivery on this forum, can't wait to see pics! My PW should show up sometime in the next week(ish)... (hopefully).

@uplander Your PW shipped the day after mine did, have you heard anything on yours?

@Kauffmj1 Not by any means trying to rub salt, just starting to get legit concerned; have you heard anything on yours? I mean if my math is right, you're well over 120 days since order date
Uplander is on a rail car in Saltillo and Kauffmj1 is D1

Alligator John

Reaction score
Wow ssrgeoff. So if I'm seeing that right, that's 102 days from order to dealer. That is promising for the rest of us. Congratulations.

the5thsoth

Reaction score
I wish people in the spray tan booth at the factory would move along. I don't get why some people with the bed utility group move through in one day while others have been taking a week or more.

Magzer

Reaction score
Got my truck last week and now I have to give it up until next Monday already :(
truck went in for full ceramic coating protection and window tints.
its gonna be done Friday but its gonna rain Friday and Saturday, so the guy said I should wait till Monday to get it so the ceramic coating has time to fully cure without getting rained on.
But ceramic coating is a must because even straight from the factory the day I picked it up you can see the spider web paint swirls in the paint.
Mine will be getting a portion PPF'd and full ceramic coating as well. We have a guy that works out of our warehouse shop every once and awhile when he has larger trucks to coat.
He works with multiple dealers around our area. @valhallaautospa on Instagram. (Not adding for any type of promo other than to see his work.)

The Sales Manager puts multiple sticky notes in the vehicle when they arrive for us to not wash or touch any surface of the vehicle at all, not even spraying it off so no extra swirl marks are left.

Pitboss44

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed before, couldn't find it in search. In the tracking spreadsheet, would it be possible to show the actual delivery date (KZX) rather than just a green hi-lite? For me it would be interesting to be able to see the actual days from shipped to delivery to get some idea of what maybe to expect.
The tracker used to show delivered with a date but that went away at some point. If his spreadsheet pulls data from that page it may have caused an issue.

Attachments

• C2A359CF-5A4D-4DF8-9D12-0BCF5A386261.png
    C2A359CF-5A4D-4DF8-9D12-0BCF5A386261.png
    747.3 KB · Views: 19

Lbjjbj

Reaction score
I wish people in the spray tan booth at the factory would move along. I don't get why some people with the bed utility group move through in one day while others have been taking a week or more.
Same. Per the tracker, I've been in production for two weeks..but my dealer says it's built and just waiting to ship.

jhdram4

Reaction score
Got my truck last week and now I have to give it up until next Monday already :(
truck went in for full ceramic coating protection and window tints.
its gonna be done Friday but its gonna rain Friday and Saturday, so the guy said I should wait till Monday to get it so the ceramic coating has time to fully cure without getting rained on.
But ceramic coating is a must because even straight from the factory the day I picked it up you can see the spider web paint swirls in the paint.
Mind if I ask the cost of tint and coating and what state you are in?

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Mine will be getting a portion PPF'd and full ceramic coating as well. We have a guy that works out of our warehouse shop every once and awhile when he has larger trucks to coat.
He works with multiple dealers around our area. @valhallaautospa on Instagram. (Not adding for any type of promo other than to see his work.)

The Sales Manager puts multiple sticky notes in the vehicle when they arrive for us to not wash or touch any surface of the vehicle at all, not even spraying it off so no extra swirl marks are left.
Ya my truck went through every snow filled state on its way home so the dealer pretty much said they had to clean it but it’s whatever, it was going to the detailer anyway and there’s no way the dealer messed up the paint so bad that a simple detail can’t take care of but still it’s annoying

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Mind if I ask the cost of tint and coating and what state you are in?
For full tints all the way around besides windshield because I like to be actually able to see out of the truck and a full lifetime certified warranty ceramic coating of just the paint.
(Not ceramic coating of rims and windshield and full interior cause I feel like that it’s just not worth the extra $600)

it’s $2,400 cash so Uncle Sam can’t take my money

That’s for full wash and paint correction and
de ironizing the paint and all the other happy stuff that goes into it.

Eli77657

Reaction score
For full tints all the way around besides windshield because I like to be actually able to see out of the truck and a full lifetime certified warranty ceramic coating of just the paint.
(Not ceramic coating of rims and windshield and full interior cause I feel like that it’s just not worth the extra $600)

it’s $2,400 cash so Uncle Sam can’t take my money

That’s for full wash and paint correction and
de ironizing the paint and all the other happy stuff that goes into it.

What state is that here when I was there pricing ceramic coating vs wrapping both came in at about 5k (NY)

Users who are viewing this thread