Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Yankst28

Reaction score
this has probably been asked but can’t fine the answer.
My truck went into production 1/28 and still says in production. Can’t find the equipment list or window sticker yet. How long does it typically stay in production?

pacnw1963

Reaction score
this has probably been asked but can’t fine the answer.
My truck went into production 1/28 and still says in production. Can’t find the equipment list or window sticker yet. How long does it typically stay in production?
My truck went in to production 2 days later on 1/30 and still shows in production. I know it is off the production line (it only takes 8 hours start to finish) and is now JBLD. I think things have changed since last year (where I went in to production and then the tracker showed produced the next day, even though I went from the production line to outside vendors for 59 days), and now it shows in production until it is completely built. I am guessing I am in storage awaiting a part for outside vendors.

Now bear in mine, that is my guess, and it is a guess at best. Maybe the foreman didn’t like a white dually Longhorn and decided, “I’ll show him!” Probably should put my weight in that reality rather in my other “guess”.

BroadStBully

Reaction score
Bighorn vs Longhorn - I wouldn’t think would matter because all of that is done on the production line. With the exception of the Night Edition you have, we have the same exact options. What happened, they ran out of bolts to hold on the side step and moved me to storage??? I almost won the “Outside Vendor Award” last year at 59 days…please please please do not repeat!!!

My truck went in to production 2 days later on 1/30 and still shows in production. I know it is off the production line (it only takes 8 hours start to finish) and is now JBLD. I think things have changed since last year (where I went in to production and then the tracker showed produced the next day, even though I went from the production line to outside vendors for 59 days), and now it shows in production until it is completely built. I am guessing I am in storage awaiting a part for outside vendors.

Now bear in mine, that is my guess, and it is a guess at best. Maybe the foreman didn’t like a white dually Longhorn and decided, “I’ll show him!” Probably should put my weight in that reality rather in my other “guess”.
Now wait a minute...my bighorn is a white dually!!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed before, couldn't find it in search. In the tracking spreadsheet, would it be possible to show the actual delivery date (KZX) rather than just a green hi-lite? For me it would be interesting to be able to see the actual days from shipped to delivery to get some idea of what maybe to expect.
Numbers only Stellantis will have, or someone else.....

Yankst28

Reaction score

I guessed the same thing was just wondering others thoughts. Mine too is a white longhorn but single rear wheel. Just want to see the equipment list to make sure nothing was dropped!

wjburnell

Reaction score
Does your dealer have a "shipping date"? If so, that is your scheduled build date if you are in D1 status. It is your "shipping date" to the next phase, which from D1 is production
Unfortunately, my dealer is one of those with zero communication, thus far. What I was attempting, albeit poorly, to say was that if something has been scheduled for production, wouldn't that suggest they knew when they planned to build it or am I missing the meaning of the word scheduled? In any case, I did receive good news over the weekend - my order is now "being built" with an expected delivery date of early April - we'll see. :)

Drew M

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my dealer is one of those with zero communication, thus far. What I was attempting, albeit poorly, to say was that if something has been scheduled for production, wouldn't that suggest they knew when they planned to build it or am I missing the meaning of the word scheduled? In any case, I did receive good news over the weekend - my order is now "being built" with an expected delivery date of early April - we'll see. :)
As you will see, learn and experience “scheduled”, ETA, and “delivery” are terms not very well defined. If you are use to working with timelines, deadlines and expectations, I would suggest taking a deep breath, have a cup of coffee and accept “it is what it is”.

The Ram tracker, and spreadsheet are good tracking tools. Your dealer may/may not have more accurate info, but I wouldn’t bet too much $$ on it.

I think ‘23’s are moving along better(faster?) than ‘22’s, but there is no rhyme nor reason.

I’ve been fortunate in communicating with my sales team, they’ve been very responsive.

I’m working with finance now to set up “delivery” pick-up this week. We’ll see if they are equally responsive.

Malfunkshun'd

Reaction score
All depends on where it’s going and if they have rail cars available. My date got pushed back twice because it waited over 30 days for a train heading east. Some guys have beat there dates though as well.
I tried to do some research on the forum (looking at people who had been delivered and communicated their ETA)
It looks like when the trucks are officially on a train they beat expectations. Waiting times for the darn 1st ride is the unknown. After, train companies seem quite efficient in terms of supply chain to avoid trucks being “stranded between 2 legs” (lol) in the middle of a trip. I’d assume it’s for insurance/risk questions.

Mine said 2/10 - 2/16 (iirc) and is already on a train. Let’s see if the theory is validated in practice and if I get the beast before Friday.
That could be one of the 1st Limited MegaCab in the area afaik.

pr3dict

Reaction score
I tried to do some research on the forum (looking at people who had been delivered and communicated their ETA)
It looks like when the trucks are officially on a train they beat expectations. Waiting times for the darn 1st ride is the unknown. After, train companies seem quite efficient in terms of supply chain to avoid trucks being “stranded between 2 legs” (lol) in the middle of a trip. I’d assume it’s for insurance/risk questions.

Mine said 2/10 - 2/16 (iirc) and is already on a train. Let’s see if the theory is validated in practice and if I get the beast before Friday.
SRW or DRW?

Drew M

Reaction score

Tracking from build and ship is not too bad. You’ll enter a “black hole” or seem AWOL once you go from rail to transport. This is where you truely have to trust the tracker and EDD/ETA to the dealer. They might have a range or date. Take the latest date as a worse case date.
I tracked the different dates and just started planning for my road trip.
The tracker changed my ETA to TBD on a Sunday. The next day the finance dept reached out to start the paperwork, but didn’t know the truck was there. On Tuesday I got the “Your truck is here” email from the same person.
So depending on the dealership, they might get a bunch dropped on them at one time, it overwhelms them.

Malfunkshun'd

Reaction score
As you will see, learn and experience “scheduled”, ETA, and “delivery” are terms not very well defined. If you are use to working with timelines, deadlines and expectations, I would suggest taking a deep breath, have a cup of coffee and accept “it is what it is”.

The Ram tracker, and spreadsheet are good tracking tools. Your dealer may/may not have more accurate info, but I wouldn’t bet too much $$ on it.

I think ‘23’s are moving along better(faster?) than ‘22’s, but there is no rhyme nor reason.
SRW or DRW?
SRW
DRW adds another dimension of uncertainty

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
J
JBLD on 2/4

Users who are viewing this thread