Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Tater86

Reaction score
To add to the complete unpredictability, mine was on a train 4 days after being built.

There’s no rhyme or reason, or at least none that we can predict. No date anyone gives you is certain until it’s actually sitting on your dealer’s lot.
Exactly, mine was sitting on the train for at least a week, but I have yet to figure out how to track a BNSF train so mine may still be sitting on the train since 01/23, haha

Drew M

Reaction score
Exactly, mine was sitting on the train for at least a week, but I have yet to figure out how to track a BNSF train so mine may still be sitting on the train since 01/23, haha
I “think” I figured out how to track BNSF. Check out this map link:

https://www.bnsf.com/bnsf-resources...aps-and-shipping-locations/automotive-map.pdf

It will shown you possible routes your truck might travel. It will also show you the home RR tracks it will travel, and most of the destination yards it may end up at. This will show you which RR you can call. As a heads up, TTxx cars are pool owned and not specific RR owned.

I live outside of KC MO, and know where the Argentine yards are. Once loaded on a transport it’s about a 4 hr drive to Granger. Once you track your truck to the unload yard, you’ll be in an AWOL/black hole until your delivered to the dealer.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Tater86

Reaction score

https://www.bnsf.com/bnsf-resources...aps-and-shipping-locations/automotive-map.pdf

It will shown you possible routes your truck might travel. It will also show you the home RR tracks it will travel, and most of the destination yards it may end up at. This will show you which RR you can call. As a heads up, TTxx cars are pool owned and not specific RR owned.

I live outside of KC MO, and know where the Argentine yards are. Once loaded on a transport it’s about a 4 hr drive to Granger. Once you track your truck to the unload yard, you’ll be in an AWOL/black hole until your delivered to the dealer.

Yeah, it is supposed to be on BNSF for 7 days and the NS for 8 days to Baltimore. I've tried all the phone numbers from others posted and none of them have tracking information available, haha. So my assumption is it is frozen on the train car because Mexico and Texas are scared of ice :) (just joking). I do know the state of Texas has shut down oversized loads right now due to the weather.

Malfunkshun'd

Reaction score

Thanks a lot. This is interesting!

I will personally be using the map below while I am waiting
;-)

1675351384697.jpeg

605Judo

Reaction score
Our order is supposed to be fixed today. Waiting for the order details to update…

Does anyone know what the deal is with the 5th wheel prep package going on and off of restrictions? I had to take it off again to get the order to process sooner. We can add it aftermarket.
would love to hear if this is an issue. My truck has been sitting in C status since I ordered in November. If the 5th wheel prep package is the issue I could delete it and add later. Dealer of course tells me there is no issue and the truck is moving forward.....don't buy that at all.

Steelhorse67

Reaction score
would love to hear if this is an issue. My truck has been sitting in C status since I ordered in November. If the 5th wheel prep package is the issue I could delete it and add later. Dealer of course tells me there is no issue and the truck is moving forward.....don't buy that at all.
I don't think that is it. Mine has it and was ordered 11/14, scheduled 12/14, in production 1/17, and built 1/26.

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
Dealer got back to me this morning, said the truck is in fact off a choo-choo and is now sitting at "its last holding lot." i.e. waiting on transport truck. He said that he will get it 'hot tagged' - meaning that it's priority and it needs to get delivered ASAP.
I understand managing expectations, as I have to do it with my customers all the time, but he said I should see it in "the next 2 weeks." I suspect it may be sooner than that because most commonly the biggest train shipping yard that handles vehicle train cars in NC is the one in the Piedmont Triad (this is where my Challenger got off the choo-choo from Toronto at) which is only a couple hours from my dealer.

filemaniac

Reaction score

Join the club, lol. I've had two orders for 3500 Limited Mega Cab with all the options except 5th wheel prep (one on 10/13/22 for the Cummins SO, then another on 12/14/22 for the Cummins HO when I was worried that the SO was holding it up due to the now addressed recall) and they're both still sitting in C status. Dealer assures me there's no problems, but he also has no idea when to expect either to even be scheduled to D1. He could not confirm (or deny) the issue that another member posted about earlier in this thread where there may be no start on manufacturing till 3/1 for SRW 3500 Limiteds with certain options (XBT - TPIS / WL1 - SRW / JAN - 12" cluster display).

I'm definitely a little worried I may not see this truck before camping season. I'm probably going to try to put in a preorder for a 2024 GMC Sierra 3500 with the Denali Ultimate package (the new screen looks nice, which was one of the things stopping me from ordering the 2023s, but no rear air suspension) and see what comes first at this point.

Last edited:

Tater86

Reaction score
Did anyone that has received their truck already have the off road package on their truck? On the website when you build a truck with the off road package it shows the Falken Wildpeaks in the picture similiar to what actually comes on the 1500's now. Curious if that is what is coming on the 2500's now.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Man, if I get Duratracs and regular off road packages get Falken Wildpeaks that are much better I'm going to be annoyed.

Magzer

Reaction score
My 2500 Rebel diesel had a build day of January 30th but it's still sitting in D1 status the dealer just told me with no new info on a new timeline.

PurpleHaze

Reaction score
Tracker still has me in E status as of Jan 30th. Dealer just told me I’m KZLD I believe that’s waiting on rail car

superbird

Reaction score
Checked status of my longhorn ordered on 10/5 still no build date. Dealer said it was on hold for the fifth wheel prep package and air suspension package.

mugello21

Reaction score
My 2500 Rebel diesel had a build day of January 30th but it's still sitting in D1 status the dealer just told me with no new info on a new timeline.
My rebel hemi was scheduled for production 2/1. No update and still sitting at D1

bhal212

Reaction score
Checked status of my longhorn ordered on 10/5 still no build date. Dealer said it was on hold for the fifth wheel prep package and air suspension package.
Did they mention if there is a problem with those packages?

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Anyone able to give me info if this is just a thing that will always pop up or is there some sensor it’s telling me isn’t working properly I just picking makes the truck up today and I’m new to 5th gens and don’t know if this is something I should worry about or not. It only pops up after engine is turned off or when ignition is turned off.
Doesn’t show while driving or turned on or in run mode. I checked the messages screen too and nothing is there either

Attachments

• 6AFDB6CD-288D-4B23-9C60-5D243670907B.jpeg
    6AFDB6CD-288D-4B23-9C60-5D243670907B.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 70

Users who are viewing this thread