Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

ollicat

Reaction score
I don't see how this recall could NOT delay 2023 production, at least for the diesels. Maybe they switch all capacities to Hemis for the short term and go full throttle with those.

pizzatots

Reaction score
I don't see how this recall could NOT delay 2023 production, at least for the diesels. Maybe they switch all capacities to Hemis for the short term and go full throttle with those.
Yes please!

Although isn’t this just a fluid change out? To something less flammable, or is there something else going on entirely different?

phatboy64

Reaction score
It only affects trucks with the 68RFE transmissions. So I don’t see them delaying production of all diesels If any at all. I would think they have known about this for a little while and have it sorted out for new builds with 68RFE transmissions.

Drew M

Reaction score
Any concerns that new Diesel recall will delay 2023 production? Nov 28th is just around the corner…..
When did the date change? I've read differing start dates, including the second week of January. The bad things for us is entering the holiday season, and any factory/manufacturing changes, for the new MY. Don't forget any maintenance and repairs that were deferred.

FLARam

Reaction score
When did the date change? I've read differing start dates, including the second week of January. The bad things for us is entering the holiday season, and any factory/manufacturing changes, for the new MY. Don't forget any maintenance and repairs that were deferred.
@brv10 said Nov 28 is start date for 2023.

hexplor1

Reaction score
I spoke to a dealer this morning and Stellantis has issued a stop sale order for any 2022's sitting on lots that are affected by this recall. So. none can be sold until the fix for the recall is determined and all existing inventory is fixed. I think this can only lead to more delays for the 2023 builds.

Drew M

Reaction score
I spoke to a dealer this morning and Stellantis has issued a stop sale order for any 2022's sitting on lots that are affected by this recall. So. none can be sold until the fix for the recall is determined and all existing inventory is fixed. I think this can only lead to more delays for the 2023 builds.
I would think they would continue building the unaffected trucks, then assess the costs/cost avoidances of either building and quarrantining the affected trucks or delay those orders so they can start 2023 builds. Either way it's a financial impact for Stellantis and a waiting game for us. There are no easy answers. Between "supply chain issues", option and package changes/availabilities, build speed, transportation availability, and recalls, my concerns are what kind of product will we see when we finally receive our new truck? Will we be satisfied, or will it be a Gomer Pyle "surprise, surprise, surprise" moment?

hexplor1

Reaction score
Yes, all good points for sure. Sounds like there are 2022's that still aren't built or completed yet, so none of this is good news for any of us, of course.

Greg10yes

Reaction score
Hmmm I ordered my 3500 SRW with 68RFE a little over a month ago, wondering will Ram start building our trucks before the 2024 redesigned Silverado HD gets built? I am a Mopar guy, but older technology and wait or walk away from a $1,000 deposit and get a newer truck sooner?

FLARam

Reaction score
Hmmm I ordered my 3500 SRW with 68RFE a little over a month ago, wondering will Ram start building our trucks before the 2024 redesigned Silverado HD gets built? I am a Mopar guy, but older technology and wait or walk away from a $1,000 deposit and get a newer truck sooner?
Yea this is not what any of us who have ordered a 2023 want to hear.

CrazyDaisy0709

Reaction score
I’ve been communicating with the dealership trying to order a warlock and they keep telling me they can’t order it. Is this true ? Or should I go to yet another dealership .

Tater86

Reaction score
Exact thing I’m thinking of doing. I like the changes to the Silverado for 2024. Plus the last time I built one it was $7K less than the Ram for the same setup. If that’s the case I’m ok losing the deposit

FLARam

Reaction score
Exact thing I’m thinking of doing. I like the changes to the Silverado for 2024. Plus the last time I built one it was $7K less than the Ram for the same setup. If that’s the case I’m ok losing the deposit
You can’t build / price a 2024 Silverado. You must be pricing the 2022 or 2023.

Drew M

Reaction score
At this rate we aren't seeing these trucks until June.
probably...
or July. When I ordered my '23 in early/mid Oct, I was told 6-9 months... it kinda sucks, but I look at it as extra time to bank a bigger down payment.

FLARam

Reaction score
At this rate we aren't seeing these trucks until June.
Dealerships will run out of business if true. They have no 2022 inventory.
What they have, they can’t sell due to recall.
Without some 2023 trucks soon, they are done.

pr3dict

Reaction score
probably...
or July. When I ordered my '23 in early/mid Oct, I was told 6-9 months... it kinda sucks, but I look at it as extra time to bank a bigger down payment.
Hah except I have a brand new 5th wheel in the driveway that I acquired last week. I need this truck to move this damn thing when spring rolls around.

Drew M

Reaction score
True. I believe dealerships will turn into "mega stores" with minimal sales staff. Floor models will only be to show off what is available, and maybe test drives. You order from a computer, pay your deposit, and wait. Not unlike today, but shorter turn around times. Dealerships will continue to stay in business based upon the quality of their backshop repair departments.

pr3dict

Reaction score

Service departments are the backbone of the dealership. That's where they make all their profits. From what I can tell, there is no shortage of service work right now, with typical wait times to get appointments measured in weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread