Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I noticed that too. Between picking Power Wagon and Hydro blue, I think I may have doomed myself to a very long wait. Ordered 9/27, hit D1 11/21 and no movement since.

I'm sure the additional trim specific parts to those two (sway bar disconnects, lockers, badges, winches, etc) don't help either!
I am guessing since you are D1, you have a estimated delivery date? Remember, when you are D1, your delivery date is your date to the next step in the order process (not the delivery date to the dealership), which in this case is your production. That date can change, and probably will. Mine changed 2 times last year, but we never saw it change more than 3 times.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
When it was sitting there for 59 days, was it in KZ status? I assumed if it was in KZ it is fully built and just waiting for a train.
According to the tracker, all of the fine print running (the computer language stuff) in the back ground, and the dealer, I was KZ. But my birdie on my shoulder were update me every week and let me know I was JB.)

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I am guessing since you are D1, you have a estimated delivery date? Remember, when you are D1, your delivery date is your date to the next step in the order process (not the delivery date to the dealership), which in this case is your production. That date can change, and probably will. Mine changed 2 times last year, but we never saw it change more than 3 times.
The tracker and BRV10 confirmed I'm in D1 status, but there is no estimated delivery date showing on the tracker. The tracker just shows me stuck at 'scheduled'. My dealer is worthless for updates.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
The tracker and BRV10 confirmed I'm in D1 status, but there is no estimated delivery date showing on the tracker. The tracker just shows me stuck at 'scheduled'. My dealer is worthless for updates.
I sat D1 for over 2 months, then got excited when I suddenly had a build date, only to have that change twice, only to become an alcoholic while it sat for another 2 months at outside vendors

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I sat D1 for over 2 months, then got excited to suddenly built, only to become an alcoholic while it sat for another 2 months at outside vendors
Haha. I get that feeling. I can only imagine how rough it is for you having to go through this roller coaster ride a SECOND time now.

From what I've seen in the 2022 threads and this one, the tracker is almost a random status generator and the dates mean nothing. You can hit any status and then get stuck there for 2-3 months. Heck, there are some guys in that 2022 thread in the 10-12 month wait time range now with no common thread between them. I figure if I see my truck by March with a 6 month wait, I should consider myself fortunate.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Haha. I get that feeling. I can only imagine how rough it is for you having to go through this roller coaster ride a SECOND time now.

From what I've seen in the 2022 threads and this one, the tracker is almost a random status generator and the dates mean nothing. You can hit any status and then get stuck there for 2-3 months. Heck, there are some guys in that 2022 thread in the 10-12 month wait time range now with no common thread between them. I figure if I see my truck by March with a 6 month wait, I should consider myself fortunate.
There is no rhyme or reason as to the way they are built or scheduled. We tried every way possible to find a link between all of the possible scenarios last year, and all it did was drive us to drink! At one point I was putting together a strike team for an air insertion to take the trucks by force :D :):D

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I originally posted this over on the 2023 HD Builds & Orders page...but I am realizing not everyone here is following that page, so here it is again - I hope it helps:

For those of you who don’t know, I ordered a 2022 Laramie HO CCLB Dually last March, received in August, and totaled it in September. This being my second rodeo in the last 9 months for a replacement 2023, I thought I would add by 2 cents of wisdom I learned the last go around thinking it may help some as I see the same questions from last model year popping up:
  • When you go D1, you’re going to get a delivery date on the tracker (or from the dealer). This is NOT your delivery date to the dealer; it is your delivery to the next stage of the order process. In this case, your delivery date is your build date.
  • Your build date can change and probably will. What we did see is it never changed more than 3 times (mine only changed twice).
  • There is no rhyme or reason as to the order in which trucks are built. I watched trucks ordered 6-8 weeks after my order built and delivered while I sat in limbo waiting to enter the production line. I think the foreman comes in to work on Monday, hungover, and throws darts at the “wheel of build”, and wherever they fall is the next up for the week.
  • Actual production line is 8 hours. When your truck enters the line, it pops out the other side minus outside vendor parts in 8 hours.
  • When you go to outside vendors for accessories, it can be for 2 days, or it can be for months. It can be anything, from a side-step to a bolt to hold said side-step in place. Mine sat at the vendors for 61 days, and the joke was it was because the spray nozzle on the applicator for the bed liner was clogged and they were waiting on a new one to arrive. In the meantime, my truck had to go to AA Meetings when it made it to the states with the amount of partying that took place.
  • When you finally leave the outside vendor and moved to the lot to await your freedom flight (train to the states), they do not move them from the lot to an awaiting train in the order received. I watched trucks sit for a month, while others moved from the assembly line straight to a train.
  • Once we get further along, you can actually track your truck on the train as long as you have a carrier and rail car number, which you can get from the dealer.
  • Trucks will and do get damaged in shipment. Mostly what we saw was bumpers being replaced at the dealers from the train ride.
  • Remember the dealer wants your truck as much as you do when the truck goes KZ. They are invoiced and pay for it then, so until they get it, they are paying interest on the loan at the end of every month until you cut them a check.
  • Please, please, please resist the urge to:
    • Pester people on this forum who are in the know to “check the status” of your order. They are all people who have jobs, and lives, who are helping out when they can however they can. They are a wealth of knowledge, but let’s not take advantage of their kindness.
    • Post a question without taking the time to read the last 35 pages to see if it has been broached already, because it probably has. Or use the search bar.
  • Don’t be a forum stalker. Help a brother out. If you find out information through research or contacts, share with the group. We are all expectant mothers and fathers, here for each other in the waiting room, to get through this long drawn out process.
  • But most of all: Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride! You’ll meet some great people here over the months, and nothing you do or say will get your truck here any sooner!
I am sure there is more and I’ll add to it as I remember, but don’t hold your breath. At my age I can’t remember what I had for breakfast. Hope this helps some!

AR2500

Reaction score

I too am a second timer. 22 order was ordered 6/16, built 8/18. Noticed the spreadsheet showed KZ on 10/24. Called corp, they said SHIPPED 11/4. Brv10 said no, KZLD, waiting for rail
Car. Then in November the tracker updated to shipped 10/18. With all the talk of hail damage and dealer telling me of holds and diversions and a recall I started fresh with a 23 order. Now the 22 order shows shipped 12/9. Hoping for a less eventful ride with the 23 order placed 11/29 now in D1 status.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I too am a second timer. 22 order was ordered 6/16, built 8/18. Noticed the spreadsheet showed KZ on 10/24. Called corp, they said SHIPPED 11/4. Brv10 said no, KZLD, waiting for rail
Car. Then in November the tracker updated to shipped 10/18. With all the talk of hail damage and dealer telling me of holds and diversions and a recall I started fresh with a 23 order. Now the 22 order shows shipped 12/9. Hoping for a less eventful ride with the 23 order placed 11/29 now in D1 status.
Now that it shipped, could you still take the 22 order and drop the 23 order if the 22 shows up, or was it damaged and in limbo too long to want to touch the 22 with a 10ft pole?

Jimmer22

Reaction score
So from what I’m getting at is I could be waiting a long time for my truck because of the vendor. My truck had sidesteps, bed cover, and bed liner so I’m assuming that I’m gonna be at KZ for a while?
I called the dealer today to try to get the status code update but they haven’t gotten back to me yet

pacnw1963

Reaction score
So from what I’m getting at is I couldn’t be waiting a long time for my truck because of the vendor. My truck had sidesteps, bed cover, and bed liner so I’m assuming that I’m gonna be at KZ for a while?
I called the dealer today to try to get the status code update but they haven’t gotten back to me yet
Not necessarily. If those items are in stock, it is in and out pretty quickly. Time will tell. The better question is are you truly KZ, or JB? That’s the question to find the answer to.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Not necessarily. If those items are in stock, it is in and out pretty quickly. Time will tell. The better question is are you truly KZ, or JB? That’s the question to find the answer to.
Well my truck has been “built” for 2 weeks now so idk once the dealer gets back to me I will post where my truck stands

Tater86

Reaction score
@brv10 are you able to prove the status code for PG509662? Looking to call my dealer on Monday and just want to have info in my back pocket and if it’s truly KZ status.

pr3dict

Reaction score
absolutely furious... Just got this email from FCA corporate:

Logistics advised the combination sales codes (XBT (tire pressure information system) +WL1 (single rear wheels) +JAN (12” cluster display) is currently on material restriction until 3/1/23. This order will not be able to get built until after 3/1/23.

I PLACED MY &%&$%&^*$% order IN SEPTEMBER. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:

gprguy

Reaction score
So depending on how you read that.. The combination of the 3 is on restriction? Single rear wheels, TPIS and the 12" cluster together? That is really weird.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So depending on how you read that.. The combination of the 3 is on restriction? Single rear wheels, TPIS and the 12" cluster together? That is really weird.
Strange. They’re building SRW trucks. They’re building 3500’s (TPIS instead of TPMS), and they’re building limiteds and longhorns (12” cluster). I can’t see the correlation.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Strange. They’re building SRW trucks. They’re building 3500’s (TPIS instead of TPMS), and they’re building limiteds (12” cluster). I can’t see the correlation.
I looked at the order guide. TIRE PRESSURE INFORMATION SYSTEM (XBT) <--- She said TPMS but XBT is the code for TPIS. So it seems SRW limited's are on hold lol bcuz thats standard.

Users who are viewing this thread