Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD 2500 Order Guides with Pricing

ollicat

Reaction score
My dealer is trying to order my Laramie 2023 2500 and thus far it is not allowing him to select Laramie Level 2 or Safety Group.
Anyone else having this issue?
That is exactly the problem I have run into. Sandi at MD said it is not available right now. If I am going to spend $70K for a truck, I will wait to get what I want. But man, I wish I could at least get my order in and have it go once the package becomes available.

FLARam

Reaction score
Why open ordering when you don’t have have enough equipment to fill then initial orders? It’s a bad look.

Tater86

Reaction score
That is exactly the problem I have run into. Sandi at MD said it is not available right now. If I am going to spend $70K for a truck, I will wait to get what I want. But man, I wish I could at least get my order in and have it go once the package becomes available.
8ft beds must be hard to come by too, haha. You can get the Level 2 Equipment Package and all the other options on a Big Horn with the 6.4FT bed, but not the 8. It's crazy.

pizzatots

Reaction score
Why open ordering when you don’t have have enough equipment to fill then initial orders? It’s a bad look.
I’m incredibly concerned about what this means for the orders / build over the next year…

Gkockrow

Reaction score
I was concerned about this too. Mark dodge was willing to put a clause in on my statement of deposit that I was not obligated to take the truck and would receive my deposit back if any options were not present. Still would have sucked but I was fully prepared to back out if anything significant was missing. As others have said, I haven't heard of anything missing from anyone's build as long as the order was accepted. I guess mine is only coming with one foam door cup holder and I was a little salty about that for a minute
I was bummed out about only one foam cup holder too. But what did I expect for only 80k ???

Quick6

Reaction score
Per MD, it is not available due to high demand. ETA unknown.

Im frustrated by the 2023 orders myself since we are unable to add those packages to the Laramie. Additionally, we are unable to delete the Ramboxes from the A69 Limited package. Im also wanting to delete the rear window passthrough and would like a plain rear window (like the tradesman)

I will be holding my order until these things are sorted out.
I was told by my dealer on the 2500 Limited, if you add 5th Wheel Goose prep package that it will delete the ram boxes. This was allegedly confirmed by the store GM who contacted Ram about it. Not sure if I believe it though.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer on the 2500 Limited, if you add 5th Wheel Goose prep package that it will delete the ram boxes. This was allegedly confirmed by the store GM who contacted Ram about it. Not sure if I believe it though.

It makes sense as the 5th wheel prep isn't offered with the Ram Box and I can't see why Ram wouldn't offer the 5th wheel prep on any trim level.

West1986

Reaction score
So pay extra for a delete?

arx237

Reaction score
It would be $55 more to delete rambox add add 5th wheel prep on a limited, not $545. At least according to the web builder.

tchur1

Reaction score
It would be $55 more to delete rambox add add 5th wheel prep on a limited, not $545. At least according to the web builder.
I dont think the website builder is up to date. The issue seems to be that you cant select the Rambox delete and therefore to delete it you would need to add on the 5th wheel prep, costing $545.

arx237

Reaction score
S
I dont think the website builder is up to date. The issue seems to be that you cant select the Rambox delete and therefore to delete it you would need to add on the 5th wheel prep, costing $545.
Seems to be selectable just fine on my phone.

I may just be confused on your point of costing $545 but my math still says $545-$490 still doesnt equal costing you $545 since rambox delete is deducted from the total on selection of 5th prep.

Interestingly enough math from just the pkg selection displayed price should be a $55 increase but by selecting the 5th prep the total at the top shows a $65 increase.

tchur1

Reaction score
S

Seems to be selectable just fine on my phone.

I may just be confused on your point of costing $545 but my math still says $545-$490 still doesnt equal costing you $545 since rambox delete is deducted from the total on selection of 5th prep.

Interestingly enough math from just the pkg selection displayed price should be a $55 increase but by selecting the 5th prep the total at the top shows a $65 increase.
Sorry when I say selectable I am not referring to the website, but the order guides posted here specifically. The website is still showing the 22's not the 23's and from what others have uncovered here, the new order guides domt have the rampbox delete option. Therefore if you want to remove the Ramboxes you have to select the 5th wheel prep, adding $545 to the cost of the build. And no where are you credited for deleting the Ramboxes, at least thats how it appears.

arx237

Reaction score
Sorry when I say selectable I am not referring to the website, but the order guides posted here specifically. The website is still showing the 22's not the 23's and from what others have uncovered here, the new order guides domt have the rampbox delete option. Therefore if you want to remove the Ramboxes you have to select the 5th wheel prep, adding $545 to the cost of the build. And no where are you credited for deleting the Ramboxes, at least thats how it appears.
I see thanks for the clarification

jsalbre

Reaction score
What's frustrating is it's hard to tell if these "quirks" are intentional due to complexities of the resource-constrained environment auto manufacturers are operating these days, or are just minor errors and mistakes that they'll correct soon. If it's the latter then waiting to order makes sense, as things should be as "expected" soon. If it's the former then ordering sooner is better as we're likely to see restrictions only increase throughout the year, just like on the '22s.

Ironsides77

Reaction score
Per Granger, "Rambox Delete is not an available option. It will come with the Ramboxes"

pr3dict

Reaction score
Per Granger, "Rambox Delete is not an available option. It will come with the Ramboxes"
Yeah it's very weird considering you couldn't keep them even if you wanted to with the factory prep package in previous years .. now they force you to give up payload capacity...

My research into it doesn't seem to make a huge deal about maneuverability but the payload hit Is annoying

jsalbre

Reaction score
I sure hope that changes. Ram boxes are pretty much a dealbreaker for me. I need to be able to install a cap.

Users who are viewing this thread