Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD 2500 Order Guides with Pricing

Vdrsnk

Reaction score
From what I have seen (at least when I ordered my truck in December) is that Ram wont accept your order if they dont have the parts for certain options. They restrict the options at time of order but not once its been accepted. You may run into brutal lead times if you order something that ends up having a shortage but I havent seen many trucks (if any) built with less options then when order was placed.

Someone correct me if that is wrong.
I haven't creeped on the 2022 Orders and build thread in a while, but the last time I did it seemed like the LH & Limited weren't affected. Looked like those two trims were given priority for semi-conductors. But that might have changed. Recently have been looking/building a Pacifica for my daughter and the lower trim levels that were not optioned out got credit on items that were suppose to be standard (like the 360 cam and park sense). But again, that was on lower trim levels.

These two comments make me really want to go the 2023 route! Let’s hope the order banks open tomorrow for them!!

rossagge

Reaction score
Would be nice to hear if someone who took recently delivery of a 2022 didn't get some tech they ordered. I took delivery of mine at the beginning of Dec, but I only ordered a standard equipped Longhorn. No real "tech" added just a piece milled together Snow Chief, ALRS and Gooseneck prep.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

kevin588127

Reaction score
Would be nice to hear if someone who took recently delivery of a 2022 didn't get some tech they ordered. I took delivery of mine at the beginning of Dec, but I only ordered a start equipment Longhorn. No real tech added just a piece killed together Snow Chief, ALRS and Gooseneck prep.

I was concerned about this too. Mark dodge was willing to put a clause in on my statement of deposit that I was not obligated to take the truck and would receive my deposit back if any options were not present. Still would have sucked but I was fully prepared to back out if anything significant was missing. As others have said, I haven't heard of anything missing from anyone's build as long as the order was accepted. I guess mine is only coming with one foam door cup holder and I was a little salty about that for a minute

rossagge

Reaction score
Haha, one foam cup holder only? There's a shortage on foam now? Haha. I'm sure they just missed it in QC. I kept mine from my Bighorn when I traded it for a Tradesman :)

pr3dict

Reaction score
These two comments make me really want to go the 2023 route! Let’s hope the order banks open tomorrow for them!!

You can say that again. I almost want to email my local dealer to make sure they remember that im on the waitlist for 2023's =D. Don't want to be too eager though lol.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Haha, one foam cup holder only? There's a shortage on foam now? Haha. I'm sure they just missed it in QC. I kept mine from my Bighorn when I traded it for a Tradesman :)

It is a thing on all of them from what I understand. Maybe the limiteds get two, I don't know.

rossagge

Reaction score
It is a thing on all of them from what I understand. Maybe the limiteds get two, I don't know.
They all get two with certain packages, Bighorn and up. Standard on LH and Limited. Like I mentioned, I had two, driver and front passenger foam inserts on my BH with Level 1 or whatever it was called in 2019. Hope your dealer gave you the other one. They should've...

RandysWay

Reaction score
I see that the 2023 2500 Limited Mega Cab has an optional Limited Level 1 Equipment Group package which has an MSRP of $6,680. However, when using the online build/configurator for the 2022 model year on RAM's website, this option package does not exist. Does this mean that these options were standard for 2022 and now optional in 2023, thus providing a price increase of $6,680?

rossagge

Reaction score
I see that the 2023 2500 Limited Mega Cab has an optional Limited Level 1 Equipment Group package which has an MSRP of $6,680. However, when using the online build/configurator for the 2022 model year on RAM's website, this option package does not exist. Does this mean that these options were standard for 2022 and now optional in 2023, thus providing a price increase of $6,680?
Weird, but it appears so...

Vdrsnk

Reaction score
The “level 1 equipment” group on the 2023 also includes the “safety group” that used to be an option when ordering a 2022 but went away not too long ago.

rossagge

Reaction score
The “level 1 equipment” group on the 2023 also includes the “safety group” that used to be an option when ordering a 2022 but went away not too long ago.
Yeah, looks like it includes these two,
TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP (AAN)
SAFETY GROUP (AAU)

pizzatots

Reaction score
I guess mine is only coming with one foam door cup holder and I was a little salty about that for a minute

My 2020 Laramie 1500 only has one foam holder. Didnt realize it till the other day when cleaning out the door. Bought it new.

rossagge

Reaction score
Well I must of remembered differently. I thought my BH came with two, maybe it only had one. Swear I took two out and put them in my Tradesman. Buddy of mine just told me he only got one, drivers, as well on his Laramie.

superjoe83

Reaction score
On my '22 limited the level 1 equipment group was about $4600, it looks like if I wanted to build the same truck as a '23 it would cost about 8k more with the base price increases

rossagge

Reaction score
On my '22 limited the level 1 equipment group was about $4600, it looks like if I wanted to build the same truck as a '23 it would cost about 8k more with the base price increases
Yep. Well at least its a 2023. I just built a 2022. I have a 2022 I took delivery of in Dec. Locked in a price in Aug and a current build for the exact same truck and same year went up $7800! But, yeah, even for a 2023 that's a lot.
Edit: I guess if you consider the added standard equip, 12" TFT Cluster, painted bumpers, new designed tow mirrors might justify the price increase, might...

Last edited:

pr3dict

Reaction score
Yep. Well at least its a 2023. I just built a 2022. I have a 2022 I took delivery of in Dec. Locked in a price in Aug and a current build for the exact same truck and same year went up $7800! But, yeah, even for a 2023 that's a lot.
Edit: I guess if you consider the added standard equip, 12" TFT Cluster, painted bumpers, new designed tow mirrors might justify the price increase, might...

If you do night edition though you lose out on the painted bumper benefit.

Eatstone

Reaction score
I still don’t understand the reasoning behind a more limited color selection availability on th LH and Limited trims. I’d love a olive green Limited with black/cattle tan interior.

Not enough new things for me to dump my ‘22 limited. New cab and exterior styling is needed along with a few years on the new potential powertrains. I guess next new truck for me will be a ‘28.

pr3dict

Reaction score
I just turned in my truck two weeks ago and I am like crippled without one lol. But damn new 23 is going to be like 100k even after the under invoice pricing lol.

Users who are viewing this thread