Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

monkey6

Reaction score
Got the update today, and it now switches to CarPlay every single time I start the truck, even though I had satellite radio playing. It also switched every single time a video ad came up on my phone screen while scrolling through the Amazon app on my phone.

So annoying and stupid, I’m about to disconnect my phone from the truck permanently. Only had the truck 3 days and it already has a bug so bad I want to return it.

zGhillie

Reaction score
Got the update today, and it now switches to CarPlay every single time I start the truck, even though I had satellite radio playing. It also switched every single time a video ad came up on my phone screen while scrolling through the Amazon app on my phone.

So annoying and stupid, I’m about to disconnect my phone from the truck permanently. Only had the truck 3 days and it already has a bug so bad I want to return it.
Oh mines done that since new it’s how CarPlay is supposed to work. Ford is the same way

Reactions: CFE

monkey6

Reaction score
Oh mines done that since new it’s how CarPlay is supposed to work. Ford is the same way
Wasn’t switching automatically for me until right after it updated. My F150 and my Gladiator never did it either, always stayed on the audio input that was selected and only switched when I selected CarPlay manually.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Wasn’t switching automatically for me until right after it updated. My F150 and my Gladiator never did it either, always stayed on the audio input that was selected and only switched when I selected CarPlay manually.

I believe there is a setting that you can change to force it to remember the last audio source it was on.

That being said, I have it selected and half the time it remembers. Half the time it doesn’t.

zGhillie

Reaction score
Weird cousins 22 f250 does it and mine always had didn’t think anything of it

monkey6

Reaction score
I believe there is a setting that you can change to force it to remember the last audio source it was on.

That being said, I have it selected and half the time it remembers. Half the time it doesn’t.
Yup, have that setting turned on, it’s basically ignoring that now.

zGhillie

Reaction score

Where’s that setting? Don’t see it on mine

monkey6

Reaction score
So today it started acting right again. When I start the truck, it connects the phone to CarPlay, but keeps playing satellite radio. It’s not switching automatically anymore. I didn’t change anything, but I’m happy again.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Fat chance. Gotten several reminds with call this number to renew, but never a price. This is the first, and apparently last, email with a price specified. I’m sure they won’t bother me to renew any more. No way I’m paying that for this steaming pile. The navigation sucks. I’ve had it take me to the wrong place on multiple occasions. And when you search for something it’s hardly ever on their data base. You have to find an address and put that. Google is evil, but their mapping service works. I think Apple Maps uses Tom Tom, and if you’ve tried to use Apple Maps that should tell you everything you need to know.

6442902d97c4a3c21d4e34cec67b5106.jpg

DogeTruck

Reaction score
Mine has still been giving me a lot of issues.

2022 RAM 2500 Limited CCLB. Here's my post from the other forum. Also, has anybody been able to turn off the "RAM Marketing notification" ?? Every time I get in the truck it pops up, and is driving my crazy. I don't need to subscribe!

"3 hours in the truck today. Initially my Carplay application was vertically squashed, requiring me to do a manual reboot.
My iPhone seemed to connect via USB instead of WiFi/Bluetooth like it usually does. 100% of the time my Carplay will hang/freeze when I drive past a certain point, it didn't do it this time, as the phone seemed to be connected via USB.

Later it did cause the Carplay app to freeze, and actually crash in another spot where it fails 100% of the time. I suspect the phone was on Wifi/bluetooth this time.

Lastly I'm not sure what happened but somehow the radio got stuck on right channel only audio. (Typically Facebook, and other apps that have mono notifications do this) The only fix for this is to reboot the radio manually. I rebooted it, and it locked up after booting, and crashed again and rebooted. Also operating the heated/cooled seat settings still causes the speakers to click/pop.

So TLDR, the 12" uconnect still sucks, and doesn't work properly about 1% of the time."

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
With S23.13 Mine has been doing this the past 4 weeks, when it decides to go to the USB from Sirius automatically it will not stay on the folder that was previously playing when it sits over night. It will recycle all by it's self back to the top to A Folder like to AC/DC or Aerosmith every time, very frustration to always have to go back to the folder I was listening to before.

Post S24.13 still same issue with USB, select USB or it will automatically switch to it and it will recycle back to the A's on the USB. I then have to go and select the folder I was previous listening to. As I said this bug did not start happening until about 4 weeks ago with S23.13 and still persists with S24.13

2019_Ram

Reaction score
Mine updated to S24.13 the other day. It still doesn't have a working weather app, wireless Android auto that constantly connects and disconnects, and an app drawer that occasionally refuses to show the apps.

waveslayer

Reaction score
I've had my truck for a week.. the apps has never worked, the screen comes on for half a second and goes back to whatever screen I am on. annoying

Jmonty

Reaction score
Mine has worked ALOT better since I reset it and updated to S23.13. Afraid to go to S24.13 since everything I use is working finally LOL

clotagames

Reaction score
Mine updated to S24.13 the other day. It still doesn't have a working weather app, wireless Android auto that constantly connects and disconnects, and an app drawer that occasionally refuses to show the apps.
Is the weather app part of the Tom Tom navigation? I lost my weather app after 6 months. Only worked part of time till then but will not work at all now even with latest update.

2019_Ram

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it is part of TomTom. This thing has also restarted itself, like it crashed, several times while driving. Looks like windows without the blue screen of death... I'm considering doing a factory reset with as glitchy as this thing is and see if things improve.

PrescottNorm

Reaction score
My understanding weather is part of TomTom. I lost my weather with latest S24.13 update. While researching issue notice my TomTom maps release date was 05/21, so much for having free map updates.

Users who are viewing this thread