Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

sstoner911

Reaction score
Been through the screen nightmare on this truck for a year. 22 Limited. Weeks at a dealer. Twice witnessed during a visit. They replaced 1 screen. I tried 3 phones, IOS, Android and back to IOS. Same issues wired or BT. Most often right after a quick trip into a store upon restart. Black screen. Might come on after next exit and entry and might be the next day. It's a surprise. Several times it reboots while driving after a loud buzz. Best surprise is being mapped into downtown or another state and the whole thing crashes. Not only is it annoying for paying premium price for a defective product, it's downright unsafe. They put all the inconvenience on the buyer and no loaner and reimbursement for rental later. My 21 did not have this issue. They are impatient with not being able to quit life to provide them with continual access to the truck so I've had to cancel and reopen the cases several times. What's left to replace? The brain? Order one already or take it back.
The buzzing tells me it's either a bad ground, bad AMP, OR the Active Noise Cancelation module is defective.

I would start by seeing if pulling the fuse to the active noise cancellation

Namerifsaxet1

Reaction score
The buzzing tells me it's either a bad ground, bad AMP, OR the Active Noise Cancelation module is defective.

I would start by seeing if pulling the fuse to the active noise cancellation
Ok. With that happening 4-5 times in a year but the screen blacking out several times a week, with zero warning...idk. Can't hurt to try.

ColderWeather86

Reaction score
Palmer, Alaska. Formerly Prescott, Arizona.
I was just at my dealer this morning setting up an appointment for my 22. It seems to be temperature related when I have the heat/defrost on, or driving into the sun. The screen feels hotter than it should. I'm not going to let them have my truck for an extended period of time however. It shouldn't take any time at all to replace a head unit.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone post about the buggy electronic gauges that you can pull up in the dashboard. Bought my new 2300 Limited a month ago and I am amazed how buggy this truck is.
If you go to Vehicle>Dashboard>Off road pages, you can choose the gauges that show all your temps/pressures and it works all the time. If you go to Vehicle>Dashboard>Towing pages, it also has gauges, but literally every other day they will work, then not at all, then sometimes one or 2 gauges register data but not the others. It appears these 2 pages are different applets getting the data from the same sensors, but the towing applet is crap. One time, it even added an additional gauge for turbo boost, but never registered data, but then the next day that gauge was gone.
Thats what happens when you buy the newest options you are the guy testing out the software for RAM they can only do so much with what they are given i would let the dealer know so they can get it documented so ram know there is issues

jebruns

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone post about the buggy electronic gauges that you can pull up in the dashboard.
Well, it kind of makes sense since this thread is about the 2022's, and they didn't have that feature. Sorry to hear you're having issues with it.

ozark_angler

Reaction score
Doesn't look like this is the most active thread but I've noticed an issue/bug in my 2022 - any time I have my phone connected via android auto, the display says "see update". The android auto capabilities and apps still function, but I cannot get this little message to go away.
Anyone seen or heard of this before?

Hootmonn

Reaction score
Been through the screen nightmare on this truck for a year. 22 Limited. Weeks at a dealer. Twice witnessed during a visit. They replaced 1 screen. I tried 3 phones, IOS, Android and back to IOS. Same issues wired or BT. Most often right after a quick trip into a store upon restart. Black screen. Might come on after next exit and entry and might be the next day. It's a surprise. Several times it reboots while driving after a loud buzz. Best surprise is being mapped into downtown or another state and the whole thing crashes. Not only is it annoying for paying premium price for a defective product, it's downright unsafe. They put all the inconvenience on the buyer and no loaner and reimbursement for rental later. My 21 did not have this issue. They are impatient with not being able to quit life to provide them with continual access to the truck so I've had to cancel and reopen the cases several times. What's left to replace? The brain? Order one already or take it back.
Most of the same issues here. Total piece of junk on a nice truck. Really surprised there isn't a class action filed.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Most of the same issues here. Total piece of junk on a nice truck. Really surprised there isn't a class action filed.
That would get laughed out of court, this is not lawsuit material

js4024

Reaction score
There is a loose connection in the headliner. Dealer has like 7 things to check and the headliner is the last thing they want to mess with because it is labor intensive and a money loser for the dealer.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
There is a loose connection in the headliner. Dealer has like 7 things to check and the headliner is the last thing they want to mess with because it is labor intensive and a money loser for the dealer.
Interesting…
And which connection in the headliner would that be that’s causing the aforementioned radio problems?

js4024

Reaction score
Interesting…
And which connection in the headliner would that be that’s causing the aforementioned radio problems?
My issue was coming and going. They replaced the entire screen, reloaded the software ect. The dealer stated a tech note mentions a loose connection under the headliner. I believe he said to the antenna. They need the truck for the entire day to take out the headliner. Fortunately it’s under warranty because he said it’s a full day job which is why they do that last.

Users who are viewing this thread