Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Ok so here’s the main harness from the CVPU to the truck. Looks like 7 pins populated. Also snapped a few pics of the cameras themselves and the dummy plug you place on the trailer to store the harness when not in use.
e17723c308dff806b3c16f350276812b.jpg

bc4c7d243b1194c45c004abdc9d70164.jpg

9e3e8bcd38088aacc882bc4d62cf57a6.jpg

e364823077c4cf61bcc7a17a182bd63a.jpg

4dfb749327fa813cbbb2281b5afc2d59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you happen to have the part # off the box for the 2022 360° Ram Trailer Surround view camera system for the 12 pins?

I've been looking but can't find it.

ACEd

Reaction score
Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks to both for some part numbers to work with. For the tow mode camera I was planning to get another mounted connector like is left of the license plate, disconnect the wire from the bumper connector and see where it would reach to around the bed for potential mounting spots to keep all the wires in the bed. Thank you gain for the info, love this forum.
Please post your results, incl part numbers. Especially interested in coax connector movement and where you end up putting the 12/7 pin connectors.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for that, but as per usual with the 2022 models no results on that part number.

You’re welcome. I suspected that would be the case. I think FCA has the camera systems on lockdown. They’re only available as part of a new truck order as for now. I’m hoping someday that will change but the supply chain woes continue to plague everything right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkerley

Reaction score
when or if....I can successfully move all connectors to the bed I would surely post to include part #s and details, have some parts already on order and hope truck will come in the next month or two

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
when or if....I can successfully move all connectors to the bed I would surely post to include part #s and details, have some parts already on order and hope truck will come in the next month or two
68526302AA is the 7-way 12 pin housing that connects into plastic mounting plate 68453200AA and excepts the wiring harness 68525632AA at the bed that goes down under and connects into 2 harnesses below.

Attachments

• IMG_6435.JPG
    IMG_6435.JPG
    489.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6436.JPG
    IMG_6436.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6437.JPG
    IMG_6437.JPG
    778 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6438.JPG
    IMG_6438.JPG
    552.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6440.JPG
    IMG_6440.JPG
    902.9 KB · Views: 65

kkerley

Reaction score
Thank you for the added part #s! Behind the plastic mounting plate is there another metal plate that it screws into or is it just the sheet metal of the bed cut out with some screw retainers?

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Thank you for the added part #s! Behind the plastic mounting plate is there another metal plate that it screws into or is it just the sheet metal of the bed cut out with some screw retainers?
It connects directly to the bed with 4 metal clips that slip into slots in the bed with 4 T30 screws.

IMG_6436.JPG

Webracin

Reaction score
Yes and no- the truck will be wired for trailer surround view and Aux 2, but I’m not sure if the trailer gateway module will be present (right side of steering column above trailer brake module). This module is a security gateway to the trailer surround CVPM. Also, the BCM won’t be configured for the trailer surround view or aux trailer camera, so the soft keys for them won’t be present in the radio. The dealer would need to add the XN1 sales code, if available, or you would need to use AlfaOBD to enable VehConfig 8: Aux Trailer Camera Present.

They are the same, although I’m not sure off hand the part number. I’m guessing there will be a break out connector for the aux camera on the trailer surround view wiring harness for those equipped. In your case, if you were just wanting to use the aux 2 camera, you would buy the aux trailer camera kit, and plug the sections of camera harnesses into the camera 2 plug instead of camera 1.
View attachment 25678
@Jimmy07

Is it possible to purchase the 12 pin splitter that you circled above? If so, would we be able to use this to run both the trailer surround view on the primary plug and an Aux camera in the Aux 2 split?

RtTurn

Reaction score
What type of connector is needed to plug into the TowMode plug-in to the left of the license plate that will connect my RG174 coax? Thanks

P.A.

Reaction score
So I had some questions regarding the different tow / trailer camera options in my 2022 2500 Limited build.

I was clogging up the other “order” thread so I’m moving my questions over here to the towing section

I believe @Jimmy07 answered most of my questions brilliantly.

I was confused about:

Tow Mode Camera (Wired) $450 option

vs

Mopar Trailer Camera Wiring w/No Camera $515 option

@Jimmy07 explained:

“Tow Mode Camera (Wired) $450 option- this is the digital camera for the digital rear view mirror that you would attach to the back of a trailer, and plug into the bumper. It’s image will display in the rear view mirror only, and will be selectable between that camera, and the rear view mirror camera that is in the CHMSL.

Mopar Trailer Camera Wiring w/No Camera $515 option- this is the truck wiring prep for the aux trailer cameras 1&2 that have been offered for a few years now, and it would include the 12/7 way trailer connector. This option only preps the truck wiring itself to accept the trailer wiring kit, and has the feature for the aux cameras enabled in the radio. The camera kit with wiring that plugs into the 12 way connector is available separately.”

This pretty much cleared it up for me. I want the Tow Mode Camera (Wired) that is visible via the rear view mirror camera as I will be using this truck to tow a camper.

The second part of this equation is I still can’t figure out what camera is it that goes with this system and where the heck you buy the camera from. I’ve searched and can’t find it anywhere. I assume it’s user error and I don’t know what I’m searching for.

Lastly, how does the:

Trailer Surround View Camera System $995 Option play into this set up?

I thought this was part of the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group, but it is selectable as an independent option AND does not delete the Level 1 Equipment Group when selected which leads me to believe it is in fact an option unto itself.

I’m sure I want it. Just not sure what it does.

Thanks for the help. The options are bewildering at times.

This is only the second truck I’ve ever owned and my first Ram. I’ve been driving my 2011 Ford FX4 Ecoboost for the past 10 years and had planned to drive it another 4 years at least but the need arose for a new vehicle sooner so here we are. I plan on driving this truck for at least 15 years and want to make sure I order exactly what I want.
I would like to know what camera it is that shows the bed of the truck to help with loading the 5th wheel hitch. Looking at the Big Horn tho.

Webracin

Reaction score
I would like to know what camera it is that shows the bed of the truck to help with loading the 5th wheel hitch. Looking at the Big Horn tho.
That camera is the Cargo camera.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score

Yes sir. It’s the cargo camera that’s mounted on the rear middle brake light above the cab.

It’s an option. I can’t remember which one.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Got the truck Sunday.

Wanted to give a couple pics of the include camera equipment with the XH7 package.

I ordered the XN1 package but it was accidentally left off the order which I'm actually not upset about. I don't think I really needed it, and it saved me about $700.

Obviously haven't had a chance to hook it up and test it yet.

View attachment 28556View attachment 28557View attachment 28558View attachment 28559View attachment 28560

BTW Saw some others where having issues with bad cameras right out of the box. Plugged mine in the other day to make sure it works and it it worked great.

Trailer won’t be in for another month or so so I thought I’d rather find out it did or didn’t work now rather than when I go to install it.

It’s going on a 30’ airstream. Now to just figure out how to run and hide that wire.

Last edited:

Rampingup

Reaction score
BTW Saw some others where having issues with bad cameras right out of the box. Plugged mine in the other day to make sure it works and it it worked great.

Trailer won’t be in for another month or so so I thought I’d rather find out it did or didn’t work now rather than when I go to install it.

It’s going on a 30’ airstream. Now to just figure out how to run and hid that wire.
So how long is the cable supplied with that camera?

truckasaurus

Reaction score

It’s going on a 30’ airstream. Now to just figure out how to run and hid that wire.
I’d be very interested to see what you come up with; I have a 33’ Airstream and am about to order ‘22 cclb tradesman

CJB

Reaction score
Got the truck Sunday.

Wanted to give a couple pics of the include camera equipment with the XH7 package.

I ordered the XN1 package but it was accidentally left off the order which I'm actually not upset about. I don't think I really needed it, and it saved me about $700.

Obviously haven't had a chance to hook it up and test it yet.

View attachment 28556View attachment 28557View attachment 28558View attachment 28559View attachment 28560
Any chance anyone would know where to get the plug for this?

CJB

Reaction score
Mopar can not get it with out ordering the whole kit

Attachments

• camera connector Capture.JPG
    camera connector Capture.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 84

Webracin

Reaction score
f0de0a9db5fc879380084aec91f6dd81.jpg

If someone without the XH7- Tow mode camera (wired) option and has the blank square cover on the left side of the license plate, would you mind poping the blank out and see if there is a part number on the back side?

Those of us that need to relocate the XH7 option to the bed will need to buy the blank, or a new connector, and the dealer wants $100 for a connector. We could not find a part number for the blank cap.

Users who are viewing this thread