Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ELKAHOLIC

Reaction score
I’m 1600 miles away. If I spend $1600 to $2000 to have it shipped that’s all I get. If I spend that amount on a vacation to get it and a nice road trip back and see some relatives on the way at least I get that out of it.
That’s a good point

ELKAHOLIC

Reaction score
would be a simply decision for me! i would pick it up all day myself. That way i know itll be treated properly and wont have to deal with the anxiety of wondering what if. Atleast if its damaged in transport from factory the dealership is on the hook to fix it before you pick it up. I could only imagine the headache dealing with an open carriers insurance
That’s a good point. As we get closer to winter snow, another concern for me would be the passes… we’re running out of time before the white stuff falls, but I can probably skirt Mexico through Texas and come up I-5 through California. Would be nice to stop by CJC and get a pin top thrown on, but I hear they are like 7 months out lol

rMoose1776

Reaction score
October 20th I received this from MD. I started this process in December and reordered in April. Needless to say, I'm not happy.
===============================

Stellantis has implemented a dedicated train service to get all the trucks that have been waiting to get moved out of the Saltillo plant. They have hired additional workers to identify these trucks and get them moved to the loading docks. They will sent to Shreveport then truck transported to the dealerships in this area. We should start to see these coming in to us within about 3 weeks.

Although I cannot tell you exactly when your truck will arrive, this is definitely several steps in the right direction and we will be reaching out to you as soon as we receive it.
I got nearly the same message from my dealer on 10/20

Drsuperfly

Reaction score
Post some pictures of the frost interior interested look great online...
I did make it to Mark Dodge and picked up my new Truck. I have been really busy because I live in the area that got devastated by Hurricane Ian but here are some pics of the Indigo/frost interior. It is a beautiful Truck inside and out. BTW I made out ok through the storm, everyone.

Attachments

• 1A41E6BF-8D70-49D4-94AF-279ABBC8058E.jpeg
    1A41E6BF-8D70-49D4-94AF-279ABBC8058E.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 60
  • E02603BF-1993-425E-9708-157CD2EF0958.jpeg
    E02603BF-1993-425E-9708-157CD2EF0958.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 0A9DA894-500A-45EA-8776-15A4D8FD7C6C.jpeg
    0A9DA894-500A-45EA-8776-15A4D8FD7C6C.jpeg
    723.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 6BF14F18-ADD8-48C6-B56A-1E2396032E7E.jpeg
    6BF14F18-ADD8-48C6-B56A-1E2396032E7E.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 59
  • CDFAB10D-1C00-464E-9738-82C577BCC613.jpeg
    CDFAB10D-1C00-464E-9738-82C577BCC613.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 2A10817D-0136-48CB-8918-044223FAAE09.jpeg
    2A10817D-0136-48CB-8918-044223FAAE09.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 58

Smeltz

Reaction score
You are JBLD since 9/24, you won't have a window sticker until it goes back for an inspection and goes to KZ.
brv10
Can you get me any information on my truck Serial # 3C63RRHL2NG348494 built 8-2-22 Shipping TBD, Delivered TBD dealer and ram care are no help. Any information would be help full.
Thanks

Lettikka

Reaction score
Well my dream that the truck would ship in time for the estimated delivery date to hold true has slipped away. If she is still in Mx, there is no way she can get here by the 1st. Dangit. I held on to the dream as long as I could.

STATUS.png

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
My sales guy said that most if not all the damage is done by haulers, rarely is the damage from the train; they just tell people that. He said the hauler drivers are known to run them off the ramps, back them into poles, sideswipe other cars. he said last week one the haulers had one fall off the top level that they forgot to secure. I would make a vaca out of it. Get an open roads EFS card to save on fuel and see some things. You need 500 miles on it anyway before you tow with it.
I have heard the opposite, most of it happens on railcars, my dad delivered Cadillacs for 30 years and NEVER damaged a car, maybe I'm partial but he retired in 1980 with many awards from driving and delivering.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
I have heard the opposite, most of it happens on railcars, my dad delivered Cadillacs for 30 years and NEVER damaged a car, maybe I'm partial but he retired in 1980 with many awards from driving and delivering.
Maybe its just Virginia Transport. Or haulers n GA. Or maybe its just the drivers that are running the route for my dealer. we both know a dealer would never lie to anyone.

Lettikka

Reaction score
I have been doing my best to keep positive through this process. Having a bad ass vehicle on the way helps. Having you guys here in the same boat as me and sharing information helps. Having BRV here to clarify what would be a thick fog of bad intel helps. But I think I am going to need anti-depressants if I make it through the battle and the truck shows up at the dealer beat up, thats going to be rough. There were some numbers being thrown around a while back that about 1/3 take some damage along the way. I have not been lucky on my ship time, maybe I can get lucky and get delivered without damage!!

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
This truck just keeps kicking me in the Ba!ls. came in with a quarter sized dent, "rail car damage", and paint scratch on the rear bumper. Dealer has to send it to a Chrysler approved body shop. Could be two more weeks before it gets back. Starting to wonder if someone isnt trying to tell me something. This truck clearly does not want to get bought.

Attachments

• IMG-6884.jpg
    IMG-6884.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 50

panzr15

Reaction score
This truck just keeps kicking me in the Ba!ls. came in with a quarter sized dent, "rail car damage", and paint scratch on the rear bumper. Dealer has to send it to a Chrysler approved body shop. Could be two more weeks before it gets back. Starting to wonder if someone isnt trying to tell me something. This truck clearly does not want to get bought.
I felt the same way every time something popped up with my truck, before I took delivery. So far I've been very pleased with it. Love that every time my gf gets in it she calls it the "spaceship"

See if Ram will credit you the cost of repairing the bumper, towards an aftermarket bumper

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
I felt the same way every time something popped up with my truck, before I took delivery. So far I've been very pleased with it. Love that every time my gf gets in it she calls it the "spaceship"

See if Ram will credit you the cost of repairing the bumper, towards an aftermarket bumper

Tried, dealer siad they cant sell it until it meets Chrysler specs. Meaning they have to fix it. I even told them i was fine with it and they still would not sell it. Im not even sure you can get a dent out of a bumper, as thick as they are. So im wondering if they have to order new one, paint, and then install it. So back to no ETA.

TRXCNB

Reaction score
M
Maybe at least the finance/buying process can be over and done with that takes a bit of time as well...

TRXCNB

Reaction score
Tried, dealer siad they cant sell it until it meets Chrysler specs. Meaning they have to fix it. I even told them i was fine with it and they still would not sell it. Im not even sure you can get a dent out of a bumper, as thick as they are. So im wondering if they have to order new one, paint, and then install it. So back to no ETA.
Oh jeez! Nevermind my earlier comment. Probably rates will go up another point in the meantime...

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
M

Maybe at least the finance/buying process can be over and done with that takes a bit of time as well...
A week would put it on the 31st, no way in hell im buying a truck on Halloween. Plus, maybe, just maybe, RAM will being back some incentives 01 Nov. I think they release them on the 2nd of every month.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Oh jeez! Nevermind my earlier comment. Probably rates will go up another point in the meantime...
Oh gauranteed to go up. Fed has already said they are going up another .75. I have the money put back to pay cash, so that is not as big a concern as the trade value dropping more. November, they are expecting the used car market to crash right after the fed increases rates again. Wells fargo, Bank of America and a few others have already puled back on car loans. Increasing credit requirements.

panzr15

Reaction score
Oh gauranteed to go up. Fed has already said they are going up another .75. I have the money put back to pay cash, so that is not as big a concern as the trade value dropping more. November, they are expecting the used car market to crash right after the fed increases rates again. Wells fargo, Bank of America and a few others have already puled back on car loans. Increasing credit requirements.
Have you tried signing over your trade before it's back from the body shop?

Users who are viewing this thread