Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

GrizzlyRAM

Reaction score
For those of you looking to the build tracker to be accurate. Here is proof its wrong. This is the tracker this morning at 0830 EST. and the truck at 1300 yesterday EST, on the dealers lot before PDI.
Made it!!!!’ Congrats!!!!! I know you worked your a$$ off getting it the last two hours South. Enjoy that beast!

joeycamp

Reaction score
@brv10

I really need your help. Can you check for me? Leaving next Sunday for training in Oklahoma for 2 weeks. After seeing some delivered and tracker not updated I need to be prepared if It appears at MD and I'm far away from home. This can be a good thing though, I'll be much closer to MD from OK. Been built since 7/26.

Asking others here. If this happens what did MD ask for at finance zoom time? What do I have to make sure I bring from home. I may not be able to use my local CU If I'm away.

3C63R3EL0NG339603

Thank you

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
@brv10

I really need your help. Can you check for me? Leaving next Sunday for training in Oklahoma for 2 weeks. After seeing some delivered and tracker not updated I need to be prepared if It appears at MD and I'm far away from home. This can be a good thing though, I'll be much closer to MD from OK. Been built since 7/26.

Asking others here. If this happens what did MD ask for at finance zoom time? What do I have to make sure I bring from home. I may not be able to use my local CU If I'm away.

3C63R3EL0NG339603

Thank you
Normally, you can get pre-approved via the credit union, based on the deal you have in place with MD. The credit union will contact the dealership and verify. Once you show up on site, the credit union agrees to send a certified check to cover what you signed for. It takes a little planning but very doable.

joeycamp

Reaction score
Normally, you can get pre-approved via the credit union, based on the deal you have in place with MD. The credit union will contact the dealership and verify. Once you show up on site, the credit union agrees to send a certified check to cover what you signed for. It takes a little planning but very doable.
My 2nd pre-approval expires in 5 days not going for another. Too many hard pulls. My CU did say they can probably do it all remotely. Don't like the word probably. Will talk to someone else there this week.

TRXCNB

Reaction score
What was it? Im 4percent under invoice with a signed POC. Thinking of ordering a 23 cuz my order got screwed up a bit
Mark Dodge dealership in Louisiana. I’m from Washington state and the deal was worth ordering through them 2,000 miles away.

kvp

Reaction score
October 20th I received this from MD. I started this process in December and reordered in April. Needless to say, I'm not happy.
===============================

Stellantis has implemented a dedicated train service to get all the trucks that have been waiting to get moved out of the Saltillo plant. They have hired additional workers to identify these trucks and get them moved to the loading docks. They will sent to Shreveport then truck transported to the dealerships in this area. We should start to see these coming in to us within about 3 weeks.

Although I cannot tell you exactly when your truck will arrive, this is definitely several steps in the right direction and we will be reaching out to you as soon as we receive it.

ELKAHOLIC

Reaction score
@brv10

3C63R3EL0NG339603

Thank you
I can’t speak for your terms or deals with MD, so please verify on your own, but I just made the same complaint that interest rates were increasing and asked. I plan on paying cash, but she stated “There was a special financing offers at the time of order, in May, and you would be able to take advantage of that provided you meet the Chrysler Capital Credit Approval requirements. The available terms are 0% for 36 months, 1.9% for 48 months, 2.9% for 60 months or 3.9% for 72 months.” It sounds as though MD will honor financing at the time you placed your order, but again, please verify…

ELKAHOLIC

Reaction score
I’ve got a question for you guys that are ordering remotely from MD… as I stated earlier, I am about 2000 miles away. I have estimated the cost of driving it back, open carrier, and closed carrier. It seems like driving it will cost just as much in time away from work, fuel, and hotel not to mention wear and tear. I’m not 100% comfortable with an open carrier as I am afraid of damage, but it saves quite a bit of money… anyone have any advice or care to share your plans/ cost?

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
I’ve got a question for you guys that are ordering remotely from MD… as I stated earlier, I am about 2000 miles away. I have estimated the cost of driving it back, open carrier, and closed carrier. It seems like driving it will cost just as much in time away from work, fuel, and hotel not to mention wear and tear. I’m not 100% comfortable with an open carrier as I am afraid of damage, but it saves quite a bit of money… anyone have any advice or care to share your plans/ cost?
if you send it via open carrier, plan on the cost of a detail when it gets there. They get dirty.

ELKAHOLIC

Reaction score
if you send it via open carrier, plan on the cost of a detail when it gets there. They get dirty.
Figured. Wonder what the risk of damage is though. My brain continues to think of the nightmares… rock chips and scratches… Not to mention what the driver could do to it. I have been continually told it’s covered by insurance, but I don’t want my new truck beat up and “fixed”. I can deal with dirty though. I plan on having it detailed and ceramic coated.

joeycamp

Reaction score
I’m 1600 miles away. If I spend $1600 to $2000 to have it shipped that’s all I get. If I spend that amount on a vacation to get it and a nice road trip back and see some relatives on the way at least I get that out of it.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Figured. Wonder what the risk of damage is though. My brain continues to think of the nightmares… rock chips and scratches… Not to mention what the driver could do to it. I have been continually told it’s covered by insurance, but I don’t want my new truck beat up and “fixed”. I can deal with dirty though. I plan on having it detailed and ceramic coated.
My sales guy said that most if not all the damage is done by haulers, rarely is the damage from the train; they just tell people that. He said the hauler drivers are known to run them off the ramps, back them into poles, sideswipe other cars. he said last week one the haulers had one fall off the top level that they forgot to secure. I would make a vaca out of it. Get an open roads EFS card to save on fuel and see some things. You need 500 miles on it anyway before you tow with it.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
what is this Efs card?
not sure what it stands for but you can use it at truck stops for .10-$1.50 off every gallon of diesel. It shows you the filling stations around you and the pump price and discount price per gallon. we use it nation wide. If you apply, please list me as a source. I think i get like $5.00 in fuel for it.

Attachments

• IMG-1683.PNG
    IMG-1683.PNG
    163.1 KB · Views: 29

Lst1504

Reaction score
Wonder just how many vehicles are sitting there
October 20th I received this from MD. I started this process in December and reordered in April. Needless to say, I'm not happy.
===============================

Stellantis has implemented a dedicated train service to get all the trucks that have been waiting to get moved out of the Saltillo plant. They have hired additional workers to identify these trucks and get them moved to the loading docks. They will sent to Shreveport then truck transported to the dealerships in this area. We should start to see these coming in to us within about 3 weeks.

Although I cannot tell you exactly when your truck will arrive, this is definitely several steps in the right direction and we will be reaching out to you as soon as we receive it.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
would be a simply decision for me! i would pick it up all day myself. That way i know itll be treated properly and wont have to deal with the anxiety of wondering what if. Atleast if its damaged in transport from factory the dealership is on the hook to fix it before you pick it up. I could only imagine the headache dealing with an open carriers insurance

TRXCNB

Reaction score
I used stopwatch open carrier. Came without a scratch on it . Very dirty though lol

Users who are viewing this thread