Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
My truck made it to the Mark Dodge dealership around the 15th of July. I was tied up with work and couldn't get down there to pick it up until last week. The guys at the dealership were super helpful and had know issues waiting on me to work around my schedule and limited connectivity to complete the finance paperwork. When MD sent me the email outlining what needed to get done and the finance paperwork to complete my order, the email stated that the finance paperwork had to be completed within 4 days of being contacted by the finance department. When I explained my work situation, MD said not to worry about the timeline and to contact them around my schedule to get everything done. The truck finished the PDI process around the 24th of July and I didn't get them the money for the truck until the 3rd of August and finished the paperwork on the 5th.

This was by far the easiest and hassle free truck buying experience I have ever had. Usually when my wife wants a new ride she points out what she wants and makes me go deal with the buying process by myself because it sucks the life out of you..., but not at MD. The truck was ready for me when I showed up, they put the temp tags on while I was doing my inspection and they finished the walk around with me and a test drive before I left. Aaron came out before I left to wish me luck on the way back home and to tell me if I had any issues to give him a call.

I doubt I will be needing a new truck any time soon, but if I do or the wife/kids are looking at getting a new ride, I will definitely be thinking about going through MD again. It was worth the drive back home (1100 miles) to get the break in process done using the back roads and checking out parts of the country I haven't seen. It also allowed me to get enough miles on the truck before hooking up the 5ver this coming weekend for a family trip before my son starts school next week.

I also want to thank the great folks of this forum that contribute multiple times a day providing information on the status of ordered trucks, helpful links, and good natured advice. Finding this forum was the second best thing next to getting in my new truck. Not only did this place help me find the dealership I used to buy my truck, but helped me pass the time waiting on my truck to get delivered and keep me informed on where my truck was at. Again, many many thanks.

123zk

Reaction score
Alright, I see the cup holders on Amazon for $21, not worth the effort if they're missing. That fenderwell liner, though, I'll be looking for that tomorrow and will note it. I think RAM should be reimbursing us for that part. If there's one thing I've noted around here, it's that RAMs rust out fenders faster than anything else and that won't help matters! I've got 8 cans of sweet smelling Fluid Film ready to go to work.....
Just get the truck rust checked every year. Protect you new toy.

Gdolboy54

Reaction score
Well I got progress. I ordered July 8th. Got vin the next day, just got my von from dealer, and when I put they into into the app it just says confirmed order. Everything else is tbd

Lettikka

Reaction score
Based on my timeline you may sit in the same status for about two months then confirmed should change to "Scheduled". Maybe with the upcoming change over to the 2023 models it will push yours along.

owdiss78

Reaction score
How many of you guys in Denver Colorado Springs? I’m here all week so if ya see a Delmonico red truck out driving with South Dakota plates it could be me

gsjr07

Reaction score
Hi All. Are there typical times expected for built trucks (status code "KZ") to sit before getting shipped (status code "KZM") from the Mexico plant? My truck went to built on Aug 1, but then arrival date changed from 9/11/2022 to 10/11/2022. Wondering which date is more likely and if there's any additional info I could get.. Thanks!
1660657641523.png

762fmj

Reaction score
Hi All. Are there typical times expected for built trucks (status code "KZ") to sit before getting shipped (status code "KZM") from the Mexico plant? My truck went to built on Aug 1, but then arrival date changed from 9/11/2022 to 10/11/2022. Wondering which date is more likely and if there's any additional info I could get.. Thanks!
View attachment 42768
The typical wait time is anywhere from immediately to forever. Too many variables in shipping.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
So, here goes...I know I promised more pictures, but the boss felt the need to send me out of town with a phone call at 3:30am and it will be a few days.

There is nothing I can say but high praise for my experience with Mark Dodge. In my 59 years of life, I have never experienced anything easier than the experience with them. Not only an incredible price that cannot be beat, but Renea, Aaron, Reggie, and Angelo were awesome and bent over backwards to make sure it was a smooth and quick transition.

The whole journey took exactly 5 months, which is good considering the time I have seen others wait or are still waiting. But it was a hell of a journey! Frustrating at times, but I knew what I was getting in to from the get go, so I can’t complain. And I have met some really great people along the way who have kept my sanity and helped pass the time. A shout out to @brv10, @Brutal_HO, @IowaPW, @OfficerDirtySanchez, @Leadchuncker, @gator6, @John Jensen, @QuattroCS just to name a few. Y’all have kept me informed, grounded, and gave me more than one good belly laugh. If I forgot someone, I apologize...remember, I can't remember what I had for breakfast

Now it is time to start on all of the other threads here as I learn my truck and enjoy what the 5-month ride produced. I’ll still be checking in till the thread is done, which should not be too much longer.

For the ones just joining this thread: do yourself a favor and go back 400 pages or so and read. The amount of information you will learn is endless, and 99.9% of your questions will be answered from others experience…and hey, you have plenty of time to do it!

Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride...it is well worth the wait!!! :cool:

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Well I got progress. I ordered July 8th. Got vin the next day, just got my von from dealer, and when I put they into into the app it just says confirmed order. Everything else is tbd
I went confirmed 22nd June. Still waiting for D1 - scheduled.
Based on my timeline you may sit in the same status for about two months then confirmed should change to "Scheduled". Maybe with the upcoming change over to the 2023 models it will push yours along.
Im right at 2 months, still waiting on D1/Scheduled. I was hoping the end of MY22 would speed things up as well….

tismin2001

Reaction score
New user here so please take it easy on me ;)
Have a truck ordered all the way back in January, finally built but showing KZLD status (delay)
All the websites I have access to gives me zero information. Anyone have any tips or anything to how I can check to see what is going on?
Not getting answers anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Gary2920

Reaction score
When you are D1, your “ship” date is your “ship” date to the next stage of the process, which is your build date. And it will probably change. Mine changed 4 times, and it was built on the 4th date. But the good news is I have not ever seen it change more than 4 times. And there is nothing to say that your 8/30 date won’t be your build date. As we approach the 10/3 production/start date of the 2023MY RAMs, the pace has definitely picked up in Mexico.

As I have said for over 5 months….saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride :cool: I have met some really great people here and it has been an enlightening ride!!!
Thanks for the info! You mentioned the 10/3 date. Does that mean 2022 model orders must be built built by then or do they run 2022 and 23 at the same time?

IowaPW

Reaction score
New user here so please take it easy on me ;)
Have a truck ordered all the way back in January, finally built but showing KZLD status (delay)
All the websites I have access to gives me zero information. Anyone have any tips or anything to how I can check to see what is going on?
Not getting answers anywhere.

Thanks in advance
Waiting on a train ticket.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! You mentioned the 10/3 date. Does that mean 2022 model orders must be built built by then or do they run 2022 and 23 at the same time?
There will be a week of overlap for the build out and Job 1.

BrodieH

Reaction score
Hopefully picking up today. I've been searching this thread for the PDI list someone posted, anyone have it saved and can send it my way? thanks!

andymac

Reaction score
Well after 150 +/- days of “shipping” big GUS is finally here. Most of which was spent at Midlothian TX penitentiary waiting for a ride to AZ. All of a sudden my entire shipping schedule was deleted (no more train no more trucks) and it showed up at the dealer as a single vehicle delivery bypassing the planned route. Strange yep but it’s there. Many thanks to BRV10 for your assistance. Now I need to put GUS to work. Dealer is now complaining about filling 80 gallons of diesel but they are honoring my pricing before the big $7500 msrp jump CDA2E778-D03B-4D04-811C-ED17961FF24B.jpeg

pacnw1963

Reaction score
They have to complete the 2022MY production before they can start the 2023MY. They will have to shut the line down for however long in order to do any retooling that is necessary for any changes made for the next year. The date as it stands now is 10/3, but is always subject to change. They may end up slipping that date in order to complete the 22's. Who knows? And honestly, I don't think FCA knows that answer at this point. As long as they continue to generate the billions of dollars in sales, there is not telling what may happen. It is all speculation at this point, and there are others on here that are more in the "know" than I. When I get home in a couple of days, I will pull out my Magic 8 ball and see what she says...but only after I have a couple of drinks ;)

EDIT: see what @brv10 said a few up...he knows way more than me, and his is not speculation, trust me!

Last edited:

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Hopefully picking up today. I've been searching this thread for the PDI list someone posted, anyone have it saved and can send it my way? thanks!

IowaPW

Reaction score
It's all over the place. Some get a ticket within a few days...others like yours are left waiting...with no rhyme or reason why.

Good Luck.
It's been waiting for the last 2 months. What is the average length of time you are seeing for shipped ? thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread