Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

daboxx

Reaction score
Hey guys; After 4 moths of nothing thing seem to finally be moving. Truck was built 8/4, can one of you connected peeps check on vin:3C63R3SLXNG317354

Thanks

rswasey

Reaction score
Sorry for the slightly off topic question…
Does anyone know how long the dealership is liable to hold my ordered truck on the lot? My work situation has me away from home for big chunks of time, and I was promised when I ordered that they would be able to hang onto it till whenever (not in writing).
Now truck has been delivered and dealership is saying they can’t hold it till I am home next, roughly 4 weeks… putting me in a bit of a pickle.

MSRP has gone up about 5k since ordering, so I’d guess they’re trying to push me out of it and sell to someone else at the new sticker.
I asked my dealership how long they would hold it and thier respose was "as long as you need". Granted that they are in a smaller town and are competing for my buisness after the sale as far as service and other issues, which I plan to give to them. just my 2 cents

Elcorbs

Reaction score
How did you get them to get it working? The guy I had to deal with just kept saying what he saw on the tracker was nothing, and it was like talking to a wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I was logging in they not only used my last name, but my suffix. Crazy

TankerTrash

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I’m waiting a few days before I talk to my salesperson again, cool down mentally and think of a fair offer for them…
All that said, I’m not being treated the way I expected, and they acknowledged that I was misled by my previous salesperson (who is now a finance manager)
Puts a bad taste in my mouth for giving them business, but I also don’t want them to get the satisfaction of making an additional 10k if they sell to someone else

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I asked my dealership how long they would hold it and thier respose was "as long as you need". Granted that they are in a smaller town and are competing for my buisness after the sale as far as service and other issues, which I plan to give to them. just my 2 cents
This is what I call an Honest Dealership!! Take care of the customer and the customer will return for services or other issues. They will more than likely return when time to trade in for a newer unit.

USNavyEOD

Reaction score
Sorry for the slightly off topic question…
Does anyone know how long the dealership is liable to hold my ordered truck on the lot? My work situation has me away from home for big chunks of time, and I was promised when I ordered that they would be able to hang onto it till whenever (not in writing).
Now truck has been delivered and dealership is saying they can’t hold it till I am home next, roughly 4 weeks… putting me in a bit of a pickle.

MSRP has gone up about 5k since ordering, so I’d guess they’re trying to push me out of it and sell to someone else at the new sticker.
Honest question...Let's say the engine blows within the first 100k (assuming it is a diesel). When it gets towed back to the dealer for the engine swap (which will likely take weeks), who is liable for damages to the truck while it sits in the lot waiting to be worked on? Dealer? Owner?

I don't see much difference in YOUR new truck, fully insured (as per state law), waiting a few weeks to be picked up...other than them being greedy. Better yet, call the nearest Ram dealer (not the original dealer) and have YOUR truck transported there. Tell them you will use them for all of your maintenance if they hold it on the lot until you get back in town.

The local Ram in Chesapeake, VA where I ordered my 11/17/21 truck, will NEVER work on my 02/03/2022 truck (if it ever gets built). If it breaks down in front of Hall CDJR, I will push it down the road or have it towed to another Ram dealer from their lot.

panzr15

Reaction score
Biggest fear - it’s a black truck. I really want to see it face to face before I pay 95k… I bet it would be loaded with swirls and they would say it’s my problem since I paid for it

I was pretty pissed when they sent over the first price sheet a few days ago.. getting pissed with them on the phone gets me nowhere though.
The worst of the worst, if I don’t end up buying it because of their nonsense, I essentially got them a unicorn truck for free and they can absolutely charge ADM on it.
You could try reaching out to Ram North America, and seeing how long they require of their dealers to hold a customer's vehicle after delivery. Getting Ram NA involved, and threatening to pull vehicle allocations from the dealership you ordered with, might get them to think twice about trying to make a quick $5k

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

2500Ram

Reaction score
From reading this Forum, I don't believe there is a written law that says a dealer has to hold a customers vehicle for a certain amount of time. I do know the dealer is invoiced once the unit is shipped. I suspect they have a deadline to pay the invoice before penalties set in.

This game is like most others as no one wants to be liable for additional costs associated with the movement of goods.

Therefore I believe it's up to the dealership as to whether they want to hold a customers unit for an extended amount of time. I believe a good honest dealership would do everything within their power to help the customer as it multiplies their selling power as positive reviews and feedback as well as word of mouth dictates additional customers visiting their lot.

However, given today's economy and the ability for a crooked dealership to take advantage of an unsuspecting customer and sell the unit for well over MSRP, I suspect they will place the burden on the original customer to make good on the purchase as soon as possible once the unit hits the lot.

So! In a nut shell..... did you purchase from an honest dealer or a dishonest dealer?
Off topic: my gator recoil cover showed up today...how do you like it? The gator recoil plus the amp research steps are going to make my truck sleek as silk. My only worry is the cover rattling...any issues?

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Off topic: my gator recoil cover showed up today...how do you like it? The gator recoil plus the amp research steps are going to make my truck sleek as silk. My only worry is the cover rattling...any issues?
My retrax doesn’t move, I’d think the gator doesn’t ether

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
I have the Retrax as well. I have heard they are the same cover sold by different brands. I've had zero rattle, ever. Towing, hwy, dirt roads, rain or shine. I love it.
I have a bakflip on the power wagon, I liked it at first but flipping the sections got to be unenjoyable and I couldn’t see my 5th wheel hitch. After looking and much thought about it I bought a retrax and like it very much

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Biggest fear - it’s a black truck. I really want to see it face to face before I pay 95k… I bet it would be loaded with swirls and they would say it’s my problem since I paid for it

I was pretty pissed when they sent over the first price sheet a few days ago.. getting pissed with them on the phone gets me nowhere though.
The worst of the worst, if I don’t end up buying it because of their nonsense, I essentially got them a unicorn truck for free and they can absolutely charge ADM on it.
FYI I ordered a Black Truck. I picked it up at the dealer the day after it was transported to the dealership. Paint already had problems such as swirls, light scratches, etc. I took the time to do paint correction then ceramic sealant prior to adding a coat of wax. In other words don't expect to get a perfect paint job from the factory. Remember! These trucks sit in the desert awaiting transportation to the dealerships which sometimes takes a month or two. In that time frame weather does a job on the clear coat. if you are expecting perfection you're in for a disappointment.
Ask the dealer to "NOT" prep the truck prior to your arrival. I can tell you now..... the kids the dealerships hire to clean these 100K trucks don't care about your truck or your 100K investment. I don't blame the kids because they only make pretty much minimum wage and they only understand soap and water. They don't understand the brushes, rags, chamois, etc used by the dealership are full of dirt before they are even used on your truck.

I'd almost guarantee if there is an automatic car wash (Brush or Brushless) anywhere near the dealership your truck will go through it prior to you taking delivery.

Whman

Reaction score
How do I check where my truck is if it's status says "shipped"?
ORDER NUMBER:
VIN:
3C63RRHL8NG342294

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
ORDER NUMBER:
VIN:
3C63RRHL8NG342294
ORDER NUMBER:
VIN:
3C63RRHL8NG342294
Who did you order from ?
I know when mine shipped it went to Port Allen, I contacted my dealer and they confirmed it was there. Sometimes you can find out what rail company was used but I don’t know what good it does. Mine set at the port for a month before it was taken to the dealer. After the dealer had it 3 or so days they contacted me and the tracker went to delivered

JStock

Reaction score
Can anyone check the status of VIN
3C6UR5ML5NG379421
Thanks in advance

2500Ram

Reaction score
Alright fellas - Koons emailed and I have a pickup scheduled for Wednesday. Line 1096 was delivered on 8/13. As long as Koons makes pickup as smooth as ordering with no silly fees/costs pushed, I will be back to provide a glowing review for them. They may be a good asset for folks who don't want to go to Mark Dodge in LA since Koons is in Mid Atlantic and on 95 corridor.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
@pacnw1963 is sure quiet, wondering if he’s been doing paperwork and is driving the new white dually around ???
That is exactly what I was doing…she finally made it home!!! A couple quick pictures…it’s been a long afternoon and not home very long. More to follow tomorrow!

Attachments

• 79337053-2C62-490D-8B16-E540844E41A0.jpeg
    79337053-2C62-490D-8B16-E540844E41A0.jpeg
    753.4 KB · Views: 52
  • A8A59477-5038-4A2A-9BBE-E67667671FD1.jpeg
    A8A59477-5038-4A2A-9BBE-E67667671FD1.jpeg
    855.7 KB · Views: 52

Users who are viewing this thread