Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously regretting going with granger right now. Most dealers are basically useless right now but they’ve actively lied to me several times throughout this process. Even though it’s further I should’ve done Mark Dodge hands-down.

You have copypasta this on no less than three threads here already.

If you have an issue with Granger, at least give them the opportunity to defend themselves before splatterposting this repeatedly. Please don't cross-post the same thing in any more threads. Cross-posting is against the site rules. This is your free warning.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It was built back in may. If anyone has interest I’ll post more of the saga tomorrow. Shipping issues are the least of my concern at this point. If I have learned anything it’s the dealers don’t know crap about what they are selling. Their incompetence is going to cost me thousands in the end.

Not in this thread. Start your own thread if you feel the need.

Anrkist

Reaction score
Not in this thread. Start your own thread if you feel the need.
2 granger specific threads and this one, trying the help others… didn’t realize this thread was scabs only, will do chief…

Last edited:

2022grey

Reaction score
Well the day has come ! My February 4 order arrived today ! Just picked it up and yes it’s worth the wait ! I wanted to thank BRV10 for all your info and all those who have made this site available . I would also like to thank all those who have commented and made this time go by and officer Sanchez . I will continue to read post as it has been very interesting how things have gone .BDA52EA5-0200-40A8-8FA4-92D179A834D1.jpeg

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
For those considering the bench seat option, I made a cool discovery yesterday! There's not just the top storage, there's MORE under the seat. I need all the seats I can get plus the super deep consoles end up as bottomless pits for me. These are on a NE Laramie.

If there's anything that might be annoying, it might be the tray in front of the seat. It would seriously cut into an adults foot space. Kids and dogs, not so much.

6+ month wait, now 6 months of discovering how cool this truck really is;)

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_150925569_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220816_150925569_HDR.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20220816_150917555_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220816_150917555_HDR.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20220816_150852715_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220816_150852715_HDR.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 45

Lettikka

Reaction score
Seriously regretting going with granger right now. Most dealers are basically useless right now but they’ve actively lied to me several times throughout this process. Even though it’s further I should’ve done Mark Dodge hands-down.
I can deal with incompetence but a lie tips the scales and I can't do business. I feel your pain.

Lettikka

Reaction score
All we have here is time, spill it.
It was built back in may. If anyone has interest I’ll post more of the saga tomorrow. Shipping issues are the least of my concern at this point. If I have learned anything it’s the dealers don’t know crap about what they are selling. Their incompetence is going to cost me thousands in the end.

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
I can deal with incompetence but a lie tips the scales and I can't do business. I feel your pain.
Same here (on lies and bad attitude) but I'll add be careful on what gets labeled incompetence. Dealerships are a business and they aren't hiring an extra person just to keep customers in a weekly loop on 100s or 1000s of rotating VINS. I didn't expect that from my salesman at Kernersville but the ordering process was painless and he went out of his way to answer any question I had throughout the process. Once the truck arrived(undamaged!) the titling folks were super competent and took care of the out of state title work piece. Shipping was 2 weeks behind but, again, they can only plan for 'normal' movement of trucks through their system. There are surges and lulls, that's life. They shipped it free 300 miles to my daughter's house who was within the delivery range at time of purchase. My neighbor has used them also.

So if you're east of the Mississippi and looking for a no nonsense online purchase under invoice, titling in your state, and free shipping within a certain range (or flight ticket to them) then I'd recommend them....the 'Mark Dodge' of the east?:). If I ever buy a Wrangler... I'll go the same route!

Last edited:

pacnw1963

Reaction score

All we have here is time, spill it.

FWIW...Just a suggestion: take this to a private side-bar. @Brutal_HO doesn't want to, but he will give you the boot if he has to get involved again. Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, but we want to keep everyone on here and not lose anyone's knowledge. Click the envelope in the upper right hand corner of the thread, and then send a message privately to each other...

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Random Thought: I would buy twice as many Chrysler products if every dealer website didn't bombard my computer with a bottom right pop-up that takes over EVERY-SINGLE-PAGE
OMG!!! I'm not the only customer who finally got tired of visiting dealer websites because of all the "Pop Ups". Even if you can find the "X" to close the box, it returns to cover up what you're trying to read the minute you click on another area. It's a nightmare to even try to navigate their websites. If Chrysler ever decides to use this format on their "Build Site" it will surely hurt their bottom dollar. Worse website ever created!!!

Norton Antivirus uses these same tactics trying to force you to purchase additional software.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Overly cautious is understandable. Bold face lies not so much… glad you got your truck. Also jealous.

For those considering the bench seat option, I made a cool discovery yesterday! There's not just the top storage, there's MORE under the seat. I need all the seats I can get plus the super deep consoles end up as bottomless pits for me. These are on a NE Laramie.

If there's anything that might be annoying, it might be the tray in front of the seat. It would seriously cut into an adults foot space. Kids and dogs, not so much.

6+ month wait, now 6 months of discovering how cool this truck really is;)
Yes, the storage under the bench is a nice addition. My 2014 1500 didn't have this but did have the tray. I use the tray, it is kind of handy but also kind of a catch all. Someone makes a lockable storage for the underwear compartment.

2500Ram

Reaction score
Just so we are on the same page...how many door cup holders am I supposed to have? I've bought new Rams with a foam insert in each door. A friend picked one up with only driver side. Should a Laramie have one in each door?

IowaPW

Reaction score
Just so we are on the same page...how many door cup holders am I supposed to have? I've bought new Rams with a foam insert in each door. A friend picked one up with only driver side. Should a Laramie have one in each door?
My 22 PW L3 only had the driver's door. Same for my buddy's 22 Laramie.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
My 2022 Big Horn only came with one when I purchased in Jan of this year (MSRP $58,425.00) (NOTE: not the price I paid) I priced out the same unit today Aug 2022 on the RAM website and the price has increased $6,125 (NEW MSRP $64,550.00) RAM apparently decided it was too expensive to place one in each door panel essentially rendering that space useless for holding drinks. Or like computer chips these foam holders are becomming extremely hard to obtain. I believe you can get a set of two on Ebay for about $6. Seems a big corporate company like Chrysler could obtain these in bulk for less than $.50 each. I'm good because my passenger is an 80lb Chocolate Lab and she doesn't use a cup holder.... LOL

Last edited:

2500Ram

Reaction score
My 2022 Big Horn only came with one. RAM apparently decided it was too expensive to place one in each door panel essentially rendering that space useless for holding drinks. Or like computer chips these foam holders are becomming extremely hard to obtain. I believe you can get a set of two on Ebay for about $6. Seems a big corporate company like Chrysler could obtain these in bulk for less than $.50 each. I'm good because my passenger is an 80lb Chocolate Lab and she doesn't use a cup holder.... LOL
So I had a regular cab with both (Tradesman), a crew with none that I bought some on eBay for (Tradesman), and now the Laramie at pickup will likely have 1 (I will buy a passenger side one so I can keep my reserve drinks. With the bucket seats I only have 6 front cup holders and I am used to 7 with the bench. The struggle is real and yes I am strong and will overcome.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
So I had a regular cab with both (Tradesman), a crew with none that I bought some on eBay for (Tradesman), and now the Laramie at pickup will likely have 1 (I will buy a passenger side one so I can keep my reserve drinks. With the bucket seats I only have 6 front cup holders and I am used to 7 with the bench. The struggle is real and yes I am strong and will overcome.
I think you have to purchase as a set. If you fine a place to only purchase the passenger side only let me know. LOL

Big Baloo

Reaction score
Anyone have any incite as to when they issue a window sticker? Is there a certain point in the build process?
I received my equipment list last week.

Users who are viewing this thread