Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

M376X6

Reaction score
While wondering about the location of the rail car my Ram is supposedly on I looked again at the attachment other folks have put on here describing the phone numbers for the various rail companies and I had an epiphany.
The rail car was being brought in by Union Pacific but the car number described a Norfolk Southern style number in CTTX. I called the NS number and entered the 2889 to correlate with CTTX and it asked me for the numeric number
which is 690525. A few seconds of pause and it came back with the car arriving at Rolla this afternoon at 2:35 PM if I recall correctly. With a bit of luck if it isn't already unloaded, it will be tomorrow morning and on its way to the dealership
and arriving by tomorrow afternoon. Unbelievably optimistic I know, but there has to be hope. Hopefully this accidental discovery might help someone else who is having trouble tracking their rail car.

JAX58

Reaction score
The first couple of times I called, the response told me the railcar was in Kansas City, MO and had been there since March. I was getting ready to post something here asking about the same question you did but I called again on the day it was supposed to show up at Port Allen and I was told the railcar did arrive at 10:26 PM. I'm not really sure why you got the answer you did but wanted to give you some additional info and my 2 cents. The good news is your truck is on the way.

Maybe some of the Train Companies are using the same tracking and accountability software that Stellantis is using down in Mexico to decide which trucks get loaded for the states.
well I am a Canadian order. I really can't complain as I ordered 04/28/22 and truck was build 07/01/22 so 2 and a bit months not bad. I was told it could be 4 to 6 so I will take it. I am just like that impatient kid on Christmas who can't wait to open gifts.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ahh, that sucks. At least when its not built its kinda imaginary. I'm a little up tight about my stuff and I wouldn't like my ride baking in the sun for a month before it found its way to the dealer. Very concerning all of the tales of damage to the vehicles on their way home from Mexico.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Mine has been sitting in Mexico since May 19th. I am very close to telling my dealer I longer want the truck and order something different.
Hang in there man. What in the world could be the hold up? You need to join forces with the guys that are planning the invasion to go get their trucks!!

orlando bull

Reaction score
I believe he is saying that it is waiting at a storage yard to go to dealer.
Correct. Arrived in Orlando at the storage lot on 6/28. Up until a couple of minutes ago, not peep from the dealer, but it's sitting there waiting to catch a ride to their lot. I am actually closer to my truck now than I am to the dealership.

Dealer says... "it's scheduled to get to the railyard on 7/20, then it will be a few days before it gets to the dealership. We will keep you posted..." Thanks to our resident insider, I was able to give her the real data, maybe they can track it down now.

It is what it is. Should be ~5 months total for me, not the worst situation I guess.

bmummert26

Reaction score
Well so much for mine moving at all this week. I'm really getting tired of this. It'll be August before I could even hope.

It also pisses me off its sitting outside down in Mexico. Dust, dirt, bird **** all just adding to the value I guess.
Agree. Mine was loaded on a railcar 6/27 and has yet to move. Not sure when it will. Seems if it follows the trend others on here have experienced, I'll have it late September or October.

2500Ram

Reaction score
Mine has been sitting in Mexico since May 19th. I am very close to telling my dealer I longer want the truck and order something different.
When did you order and what engine/trim was it? Read my signature for a real SOB story - hang in there is right.

Nealy065

Reaction score
Can anyone see if my truck is still at the Midlothian holding lot, or even what date it arrived there. Built 03/06 (18 weeks)and still nothing.
3C6UR5CL6NG242196

SNYTRIC2022

Reaction score
When did you order and what engine/trim was it? Read my signature for a real SOB story - hang in there is right.
Ordered March 2nd, 2022. In production May17th. Build process went fairly quickly. I just don't like the fact it's been sitting for nearly 2 months.
Ram 2500 Limited w/ Cummins

2500Ram

Reaction score
Can anyone see if my truck is still at the Midlothian holding lot, or even what date it arrived there. Built 03/06 (18 weeks)and still nothing.
3C6UR5CL6NG242196
Hey I was in your boat and as of today I confirmed with Union Pacific that the truck is on one of their cars and on the way. Built 3/11 and sat at Midlothian since May as well. Do you have a rail car number?

pacnw1963

Reaction score

Same here...5/19. But even though the tracker says KZ, I am actually at the outside vendors (JB) since then...56 days and counting. Which means I am not even in line to ship yet...UGH

Users who are viewing this thread