Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

rossagge

Reaction score
I wonder with all this going on, where does that put those of us that ordered a Longhorn. Seems like we're the middle child that gets no love!.. story of my life! Haha.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Sandi has already confirmed that those that were previously ordered will get the Night Edition. It should just effect those ordering now.
But it doesn't mean it won't take FOREVER to get scheduled/built.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
But it doesn't mean it won't take FOREVER to get scheduled/built.

That’s what I was thinking. Yes. They accepted the order, but based on what’s been said in this thread may take a LONG time to get built. Regardless, glad I upgraded. Worth a couple grand to get my fancy headlights and maybe a little quicker build.

beckty85

Reaction score
Going limited was not possible for me. I have to have the 6 seater. Don’t see any reason to penalize the Laramie and make us wait forever when they can build limiteds.
Trying not to beat a dead horse, but I could buy the whole building tradesmans first then working up to big horn, Laramie etc. What I can’t buy is jumping into limiteds with orders in July and august.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
So far all you that have vehicles on order that haven't moved at all in weeks, or even months, at what point do you throw in the in the towel? At what point do you figure it's a lost cause and cancel and/or re-order?

For those with 2021's on order it does seem as though those vehicle aren't getting built, right? Seems like they're just putting the impetus on you to cancel and re-order 2022's and pray.

Production is obviously moving, albeit without any rhyme or reason as to how, why, or in what order. But it is moving. When do you cut bait? Or do you just leave it as is and hope you get a vehicle somewhere down the road and save a couple grand as the prices keep going up?

RubiRam392

Jackass 4th grade bully
Reaction score
So far all you that have vehicles on order that haven't moved at all in weeks, or even months, at what point do you throw in the in the towel? At what point do you figure it's a lost cause and cancel and/or re-order?

For those with 2021's on order it does seem as though those vehicle aren't getting built, right? Seems like they're just putting the impetus on you to cancel and re-order 2022's and pray.

Production is obviously moving, albeit without any rhyme or reason as to how, why, or in what order. But it is moving. When do you cut bait? Or do you just leave it as is and hope you get a vehicle somewhere down the road and save a couple grand as the prices keep going up?
Thankfully I'm in no rush. Other than anticipation building, I have a vehicle to get my by till my truck gets here. The only thing I can do is hope it shows up before Christmas. That would be cool. When I ordered it, the dealer told me 4-6 months, which gives me between November-January delivery. They set that expectation for me so that I wouldn't be upset if it actually took that long. Which it appears it may take that long, seeing the lack of movement on the model I ordered.

Kubotafreak

Reaction score
I wonder with all this going on, where does that put those of us that ordered a Longhorn. Seems like we're the middle child that gets no love!.. story of my life! Haha.

I cant help but think longhorns will be at the very bottom of the list of priority. Not saying you wont see some move, but they take up a one of the smallest sections of the overall pie. I would even venture to say the profit margin may even be less than the Limited due to sheer production numbers. Limited's use mostly black trim compared to all the contrast of the Longhorn....

beckty85

Reaction score

I’m was heavily considering ordering the exact same truck from Andrea and seeing what got built first and selling the other one, but now that I can’t get a Laramie the way I wanted it , I wait.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score

Well there aren’t any other options really. Good luck finding a 2021 that isn’t made of gold. The other manufacturers are moving just as slow as ram.

beckty85

Reaction score
I really don’t care how long it takes even though I’m not known for my patience when I want something I typically just go out and find it somewhere. But realistically I don’t have to have a 3500 until June of next year. Granted my fifth wheel will be here in October, I still have my smaller bumper pull travel trailer and can limp around pulling that with my wife’s Yukon. I just want the truck the way it was ordered. That’s really the only deal breaker for me.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Well there aren’t any other options really. Good luck finding a 2021 that isn’t made of gold. The other manufacturers are moving just as slow as ram.

I know. I just meant more in the terms of canceling non moving orders that appear to have stalled and show no sign of restarting, and then re ordering.

Users who are viewing this thread