Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Canman89

Reaction score
It’s already been happening. Not hating on the limited guys. But seems us preorder guys are getting forgotten.
Not for everyone. May 10th limited order here and my build isn’t scheduled till week of nov 15th. Going back and forth on cancelling my order

rossagge

Reaction score
I cant help but think longhorns will be at the very bottom of the list of priority. Not saying you wont see some move, but they take up a one of the smallest sections of the overall pie. I would even venture to say the profit margin may even be less than the Limited due to sheer production numbers. Limited's use mostly black trim compared to all the contrast of the Longhorn....
That's what I'm thinking. Nationally it's not a popular trim level. But hear in Texas it is and you do see quite a bunch. More than I've noticed previously...maybe because I ordered one an my eye picks them out easier now. I see lots of of them in both HD and in 1500's. So maybe they will pump out a good batch for a short period for Texas buyers...

MegaStro

Reaction score
So far all you that have vehicles on order that haven't moved at all in weeks, or even months, at what point do you throw in the in the towel? At what point do you figure it's a lost cause and cancel and/or re-order?

For those with 2021's on order it does seem as though those vehicle aren't getting built, right? Seems like they're just putting the impetus on you to cancel and re-order 2022's and pray.

Production is obviously moving, albeit without any rhyme or reason as to how, why, or in what order. But it is moving. When do you cut bait? Or do you just leave it as is and hope you get a vehicle somewhere down the road and save a couple grand as the prices keep going up?
I worked trades with mine and was locked at a trade price until mine arrives. 72 hours after arrival my trades are subject to change. Dealer also said no restrictions on mileage as long as I don't go crazy. I will not throw the towel in given the deal.

Tyadcock

Reaction score
Not for everyone. May 10th limited order here and my build isn’t scheduled till week of nov 15th. Going back and forth on cancelling my order
At least you have an estimated date not just "you are in the scheduling phase of production meaning the parts have been ordered for your vehicle..." lol

agtcovert

Reaction score
Just ordered my B&W companion 25k for Ram OEM puck last night. And tonneau cover. All before the truck or camper are even scheduled for build
Anyone using the goosebox setup? Been looking at that for my future plans.

tcuweimer

Reaction score
Going limited was not possible for me. I have to have the 6 seater. Don’t see any reason to penalize the Laramie and make us wait forever when they can build limiteds.
Trying not to beat a dead horse, but I could buy the whole building tradesmans first then working up to big horn, Laramie etc. What I can’t buy is jumping into limiteds with orders in July and august.
Don’t worry , I ordered my Limited 6/14 and my estimated build is 10/25…..I’m frustrated too.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Hopefully the extending mirrors come out soon,they are way better than the flip ups

Think they’d be a simple swap once they’re available?

Last edited:

Choward

Reaction score
If your POC is updated, it should tell you what the status is...no need to look anything up. You cropped that part out so I can't tell what your status is.
Does this help? Not sure what piece you need.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210911-094018_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210911-094018_Drive.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 81

beckty85

Reaction score
Interested in the answer to this as well
I’m not of fan of the movement it allows. If you look at this
He contacted his cab and he actually shows a videos how how much back and forth movement it has due to the airbags in it.
I would love to just have a turn over ball in the bed but the Anderson will do fine for me.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m not of fan of the movement it allows. If you look at this
He contacted his cab and he actually shows a videos how how much back and forth movement it has due to the airbags in it.
I would love to just have a turn over ball in the bed but the Anderson will do fine for me.

Anyone using a Goosebox with a short bed needs to run an offset ball. This isn't possible with the factory GN round hole mount - you need to swap in the B&W square hole GN mount and use the B&W 4" offset ball.

I like JB's channel but he is ill-informed, perhaps simply underinformed, on many topics.

beckty85

Reaction score
Anyone using a Goosebox with a short bed needs to run an offset ball. This isn't possible with the factory GN round hole mount - you need to swap in the B&W square hole GN mount and use the B&W 4" offset ball.

I like JB's channel but he is ill-informed, perhaps simply underinformed, on many topics.

Attachments

• AB61A734-9F48-4E37-BA1B-07D1A16F4ACC.gif
    AB61A734-9F48-4E37-BA1B-07D1A16F4ACC.gif
    92.4 KB · Views: 56

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Does this help? Not sure what piece you need.
You’re like most of the other people here. We had estimated ship dates (probably D1 status at that time) then got moved back to D status. No telling when you’ll get the truck.

sconym

Reaction score
So far all you that have vehicles on order that haven't moved at all in weeks, or even months, at what point do you throw in the in the towel? At what point do you figure it's a lost cause and cancel and/or re-order?

For those with 2021's on order it does seem as though those vehicle aren't getting built, right? Seems like they're just putting the impetus on you to cancel and re-order 2022's and pray.

Production is obviously moving, albeit without any rhyme or reason as to how, why, or in what order. But it is moving. When do you cut bait? Or do you just leave it as is and hope you get a vehicle somewhere down the road and save a couple grand as the prices keep going up?
There aren’t very many options at this point. I am in it for the long haul. Even if other manufactures trucks are available, I am partial to my RAM trucks. This will be my 8th Dodge / RAM truck (and hopefully my last!).

Users who are viewing this thread