Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

rossagge

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Aaron at MD. He said anyone using the Penfed/truecar, if you have an idea of when your truck will be at the dealer Submit for your code a few days in advance that way it is in the system when they input it for you discount. He said it takes 2-3 days for it to show on their end.
I just emailed him mine with my application notification. How are you getting yours to the house?

Reaction score
Is there anyone else who’s vehicle has landed at MD and waiting to be hot shotted to the west coast? The wait is killing me but paperwork was completed Saturday and still waiting for someone to pickup the job. Trying to get it transported to CA. I have never had a vehicle shipped so the process is new to me, I’m solely relying on MD’s guy in charge of it.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
If you choose the $100 deductible you can select the MaxImum Care with Money Back Guarantee plan. If at the end of the time you’ve not filed a repair claim at all you can request a full refund of the original price you paid for the plan. When I was looking yesterday it was $775 more for this plan vs the $200 deductible on the 8/100 for regular max care plan. The regular plans have a 60 day refund period if you change your mind. You can use the other benefits of the plan, like roadside help, without losing the money back guarantee.

Reading over on 5thgenrams if you shop around the various online sites and make a couple phone calls you might get and extra $50-$100 more off which ever plan you buy.
What's the money-back guarantee?

DougB

Reaction score

Voyou

Reaction score
Just got a call from my dealership yesterday, ETA their lot 12/17.

Order placed on 9/24, VIN issued the following week.

All things considered, not bad at all. Now let’s see if it will happen or not…

Reaction score
I know I put this information out there a couple hundred pages back, but thought I'd once again mention it since I see many Members are starting to take delivery of their new trucks and I know most of us aren't going to start reading this Forum from page 1. With all the excitement of arriving at the dealership and seeing your Brand New Truck sitting there we sometimes become delusional and start forgetting things we though of while waiting for our truck to arrive. The first thing many dealerships want is to get you in Finance and confuse your already delusional brains with Warranty Plans, Tire Plans, and other Dealer Options they can up sale. Therefore I compiled a Checklist one can use to help them keep on track. Any one who would like a copy please message me through Conversations and I'll provide it to you. Keep in mind I'm kinda OCD, so it may be more than you want to check, but it will jog your memory as to things you may have forgotten. Also, it's geared towards my Big Horn Model, but much of it can be used for most any model.

In my case, I will not head to Finance until I have complete my checklist....... LOL
Could you please PM a copy to me? Thanks

Voyou

Reaction score
I know I put this information out there a couple hundred pages back, but thought I'd once again mention it since I see many Members are starting to take delivery of their new trucks and I know most of us aren't going to start reading this Forum from page 1. With all the excitement of arriving at the dealership and seeing your Brand New Truck sitting there we sometimes become delusional and start forgetting things we though of while waiting for our truck to arrive. The first thing many dealerships want is to get you in Finance and confuse your already delusional brains with Warranty Plans, Tire Plans, and other Dealer Options they can up sale. Therefore I compiled a Checklist one can use to help them keep on track. Any one who would like a copy please message me through Conversations and I'll provide it to you. Keep in mind I'm kinda OCD, so it may be more than you want to check, but it will jog your memory as to things you may have forgotten. Also, it's geared towards my Big Horn Model, but much of it can be used for most any model.

In my case, I will not head to Finance until I have complete my checklist....... LOL
Definitely interested

rossagge

Reaction score
Find a gooseneck trailer and you got it. Get @Surf2snow1 to split one with you.

From what I've seen this week, shipping mine to CA eats up a lot of the money I saved going with MD
I read a poster on here got his shipped from MD to the east coast for $850. Hopefully I can get close to $750 for a decent transport to AZ. Buddy has a Big Tex gooseneck I could use, but he's up in OKC :confused:

Spark Plug

Reaction score
I read a poster on here got his shipped from MD to the east coast for $850. Hopefully I can get close to $750 for a decent transport to AZ. Buddy has a Big Tex gooseneck I could use, but he's up in OKC :confused:
that sounds cheap. My br in law is buying a truck from Dan Cummins in Ky, We live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He was quoted 2300 to send the new truck and pick his trade up,.

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
I wonder if my truck made the train or not. From what you all are reporting, the shipping process from factory to dealer is maybe even more prone to delays than the build itself. OK, maybe not, but....

beckty85

Reaction score
Best quote I got was $2200, which is actually cheap considering todays fuel prices.

But no clue on the insurance that company provided or anything.

The best price I got with good insurance, gps tracking and a dedicated Freight transport was $3 per mile. @1868 miles that’s $$$$. The flight I’m looking at to Houston is $368 + another $600 or so on fuel.

Jtwes

Reaction score

Send me a copy

Ajbjorkman

Reaction score

I'll take a copy please.

James_setz2784

Reaction score
Need some insight from you guys. With being 49 days in the shipping stage and no indication on where my truck is, do I find one on a lot somewhere or wait it out? It’s great seeing everyone get there trucks, but sucks seeing people who ordered months after getting it first

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
Need some insight from you guys. With being 49 days in the shipping stage and no indication on where my truck is, do I find one on a lot somewhere or wait it out? It’s great seeing everyone get there trucks, but sucks seeing people who ordered months after getting it first

I would be contacting my dealer daily, and anyone else I could find to contact. I'm not a twitter guy, but post on the Stellantis or whatever it is feed spelling out how long you have been waiting. I suspect that might be some attention from someone who should be able to find something out. What was the status last you heard, and when was that?

I try to be patient, and know that sometimes 'stuff' happens, such is life. But poor or no communication drives me up the wall.

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread