Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

BMax94

Reaction score
I agree with previous statements. I thought the hard part was waiting over 4 months for it to be built and had it in my head that waiting a month for shipping was gonna be worry free. Now it's built and the anticipation of it getting shipped and not knowing where it's at is the real nail biter.
My window sticker came up over night. Now you and the rest of the PNW guys are done waiting on my truck, so I’m thinking they can all start the road trip now.

My ship date got bumped around a bit. Was 12/2, then 12/1…not sure what it is now, but hopefully we will all be done with the wait soon.

Coonhound

Reaction score
My window sticker came up over night. Now you and the rest of the PNW guys are done waiting on my truck, so I’m thinking they can all start the road trip now.

My ship date got bumped around a bit. Was 12/2, then 12/1…not sure what it is now, but hopefully we will all be done with the wait soon.
Actually, it is YOU and everyone else that may be waiting on ME. Brv10 just told me mine is still in the same status, waiting at the vender I think. Still no window sticker. That was rather disappointing and unexpected.

Scvette

Reaction score
I just find it interesting when I see these comments, I never ever got a estimated ship date just a estimated build date. Now I have my build sheet as of 3 days ago but no one can give me a shipping date.
My ship date was scheduled for today. No build sheet or window sticker yet. The wait continues.

DougB

Reaction score
PenFed coupon can be used, it’s $500 on a 2022 2500/3500
I was able to use the TrueCar discount but not the one directly from TrueCar. I got the code from PerkSpot, which my employer uses for corporate discounts, and through their auto buying service that uses TrueCar, they offered the $500 off, too. It was good through Jan-3 whereas the TrueCar direct one I had expired Nov-30.

BUT wait, there's MORE! I just went to the TrueCar direct link, entered my info again, and the expiration date is now Dec-31-2021, so y'all getting trucks in December can try using it. Hopefully, this will continue to update each month so others can take advantage of it. It's good on 2021 and 2022 model years. Highlighted the 2022 since that's what this thread is only about.

1638550611058.png

Beware the disclaimers:
1638550778374.png

With the Mark Dodge discount and this $500, my total savings was $10,099 or 12.72% off MSRP. :cool:

Scvette

Reaction score
Is that a known fact? Not calling you out, I’d like to know cause my window sticker is $3400 more than my original POC. I even asked them to cancel the air suspension and got a reply done deal, my truck will have air. I’m not worried about having it, but I did cancel it.
They are trying to get more money out of you. When you order a truck the dealer pays what is on the POC regardless of any future price changes.

Riddick

Reaction score
Is that a known fact? Not calling you out, I’d like to know cause my window sticker is $3400 more than my original POC. I even asked them to cancel the air suspension and got a reply done deal, my truck will have air. I’m not worried about having it, but I did cancel it.

Yes, I believe this to be a fact. My salesman confirmed it and also several other members paid what their original POC stated. I ordered mine under 21 pricing and signed a POC. When I piced it up the sales price was identical to the signed POC price.

There are some shady dealers out there and you have to be careful. I dont remember his name on here but someone ordered a truck at a set price. Once the truck delivered the dealer backed out of their original agreement and tried to charge full MSRP. Eventually, the member was able to get the truck at the 22 invoice price even though they previosly agreed on 21 invoice.

**EDIT** I should of put a disclaimer that the POC pricing is dependent on the build being accepted by the plant. Once the plant confirms the order is correct, pricing should be set for the build.

Apaschke82

Reaction score
I was able to use the TrueCar discount but not the one directly from TrueCar. I got the code from PerkSpot, which my employer uses for corporate discounts, and through their auto buying service that uses TrueCar, they offered the $500 off, too. It was good through Jan-3 whereas the TrueCar direct one I had expired Nov-30.

BUT wait, there's MORE! I just went to the TrueCar direct link, entered my info again, and the expiration date is now Dec-31-2021, so y'all getting trucks in December can try using it. Hopefully, this will continue to update each month so others can take advantage of it. It's good on 2021 and 2022 model years. Highlighted the 2022 since that's what this thread is only about.

View attachment 27145

Beware the disclaimers:
View attachment 27146

With the Mark Dodge discount and this $500, my total savings was $10,099 or 12.72% off MSRP. :cool:
Definitely a bummer that it’s not good with the military program. I was going to use it but nope. So I used my military discount and that’s all I got off. Still better than nothing.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
So I misstated what Renae from Mark Dodge said.
This is exactly what she wrote.

Good Morning Ty,

I hope you had a wonderful Thankgiving. I just wanted to give you an update and let you know that we have a build date assigned for your truck of 12/20. Check back with me about a week after that to see if we have a rail assignment!

Tradesman22

Reaction score
Can someone clarify these estimated build/ship dates? I understand they are all estimates. But my POC is showing an estimated ship date of 12/20. But others have said they know their build date as well. Does that mean mine should be getting built roughly a week before my date? Thanks in advance!

Dirt Diggler

HDRams' Mark Wahlberg
Reaction score
giphy.gif

thumbnail_IMG_1746.jpg

gator6

Reaction score
I know I put this information out there a couple hundred pages back, but thought I'd once again mention it since I see many Members are starting to take delivery of their new trucks and I know most of us aren't going to start reading this Forum from page 1. With all the excitement of arriving at the dealership and seeing your Brand New Truck sitting there we sometimes become delusional and start forgetting things we though of while waiting for our truck to arrive. The first thing many dealerships want is to get you in Finance and confuse your already delusional brains with Warranty Plans, Tire Plans, and other Dealer Options they can up sale. Therefore I compiled a Checklist one can use to help them keep on track. Any one who would like a copy please message me through Conversations and I'll provide it to you. Keep in mind I'm kinda OCD, so it may be more than you want to check, but it will jog your memory as to things you may have forgotten. Also, it's geared towards my Big Horn Model, but much of it can be used for most any model.

In my case, I will not head to Finance until I have complete my checklist....... LOL
I’m definitely someone that likes to plan ahead and not get caught off guard like this damn sidestep issue! I guess it comes from working in military operations for 20+ years. Could I get a copy of your checklist?

gator6

Reaction score
They are trying to get more money out of you. When you order a truck the dealer pays what is on the POC regardless of any future price changes.
This is kinda where I’m at with these sidesteps. I told Sandi I want the electric deploying steps that come with the package I ordered, and I couldn’t deselect the stock ones that came with the dually upgrade. Both ended up on the build and she said she submitted a change request that could affect an agreed upon price that could not be guaranteed. I told her that if both are on the build to just put the ones they don’t install in the bed and I’ll go from there since I’m paying for both.

I’d raise hell over this miscommunication

beckty85

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Aaron at MD. He said anyone using the Penfed/truecar, if you have an idea of when your truck will be at the dealer Submit for your code a few days in advance that way it is in the system when they input it for you discount. He said it takes 2-3 days for it to show on their end.

Users who are viewing this thread