Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

R.A.F

Reaction score
Also anyone who is getting rustproofing…my options are Krown for $150 needs to be done every year or Corrosion Free which is good for 18 months but comes in at $450 each time. Anyone have experience with either? Read that Corrosion Free is more effective than crown and less messy as well as hitting more places but also read Krown gets into more places since it’s more fluid.
Based on what you said, I would go Krown based on cost alone $300 for an additional 6 months doesn't seem right to me, Particularly if Krown comes with a warranty.

tnpete

Reaction score
Wow, waiting all this time for the truck to be built is not near as bad as this last couple of weeks waiting for someone to fetch it from the rail yard! Maybe next week.
Agree, waiting while you know the truck is almost there. But not moving, makes the wait for it to be build. More like a vacation!

Coonhound

Reaction score
I agree with previous statements. I thought the hard part was waiting over 4 months for it to be built and had it in my head that waiting a month for shipping was gonna be worry free. Now it's built and the anticipation of it getting shipped and not knowing where it's at is the real nail biter.

Spark Plug

Reaction score
Wow, waiting all this time for the truck to be built is not near as bad as this last couple of weeks waiting for someone to fetch it from the rail yard! Maybe next week.
100% SAMES! knowing my truck is literally 30 min away, but a week away at the same time is so frustrating, and there's nothing i can do about it. I called the railyard yesterday and they havent unloaded it from the rail car yet. He said maybe in a couple of days. Then we know it will sit while they get a transport truck. Torture, pure torture. lol

DougB

Reaction score
100% SAMES! knowing my truck is literally 30 min away, but a week away at the same time is so frustrating, and there's nothing i can do about it. I called the railyard yesterday and they havent unloaded it from the rail car yet. He said maybe in a couple of days. Then we know it will sit while they get a transport truck. Torture, pure torture. lol
It's like driving on a long trip. Calm and relaxed 90% of the way. Last 10% feels like FOREVER!!!

I was fine waiting for it after I placed the order, but once it was built in Nov the anxiety rose. Once it was in Port Allen mid Nov it went even higher. Once it made it to the dealer, anxiety changed to anticipation. Buying parts for it was therapeutic though and helped me make it through! :D

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Thank you. This will hopefully help keep me from getting overwhelmed and over excited with a new truck. I really appreciate you sharing your time and effort it took to make this list. This will be a great help to say the least.
Hope it helps! I know how excited we get once we arrive at the dealership and see a nice shiny truck awaiting us. I plan on making my dealership provide me a nice warm bay somewhere so I can take the time to actually check off each item before I test drive. if I'm happy I'll head to Finance..... LOL

Spark Plug

Reaction score
It's like driving on a long trip. Calm and relaxed 90% of the way. Last 10% feels like FOREVER!!!

I was fine waiting for it after I placed the order, but once it was built in Nov the anxiety rose. Once it was in Port Allen mid Nov it went even higher. Once it made it to the dealer, anxiety changed to anticipation. Buying parts for it was therapeutic though and helped me make it through! :D
LOL, i know that feeling, I now have wheels and tires mounted and waiting. power wagon coils and shocks, Recon cab lights, switchback mirror lights, Retroshop badges. all just waiting on a truck

eastTOwest

Reaction score
Anyone able to take delivery recently and use the tread lightly discount with mark dodge?

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I know I put this information out there a couple hundred pages back, but thought I'd once again mention it since I see many Members are starting to take delivery of their new trucks and I know most of us aren't going to start reading this Forum from page 1. With all the excitement of arriving at the dealership and seeing your Brand New Truck sitting there we sometimes become delusional and start forgetting things we though of while waiting for our truck to arrive. The first thing many dealerships want is to get you in Finance and confuse your already delusional brains with Warranty Plans, Tire Plans, and other Dealer Options they can up sale. Therefore I compiled a Checklist one can use to help them keep on track. Any one who would like a copy please message me through Conversations and I'll provide it to you. Keep in mind I'm kinda OCD, so it may be more than you want to check, but it will jog your memory as to things you may have forgotten. Also, it's geared towards my Big Horn Model, but much of it can be used for most any model.

In my case, I will not head to Finance until I have complete my checklist....... LOL

Riddick

Reaction score
Anyone able to take delivery recently and use the tread lightly discount with mark dodge?

Mark Dodge pricing is significantly lower than the tread lightly discount. I belive the Tread Lightly is good for 1% below invoice and Mark Dodge is in the 4% range. Also, I dont think the affiliate pricing can be applied to 22 RAMS.

Mptolomey

Reaction score
Mark Dodge pricing is significantly lower than the tread lightly discount. I belive the Tread Lightly is good for 1% below invoice and Mark Dodge is in the 4% range. Also, I dont think the affiliate pricing can be applied to 22 RAMS.
PenFed coupon can be used, it’s $500 on a 2022 2500/3500

Users who are viewing this thread