Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Don't all mirrors have power adjustment of the mirror/glass portion? Power folding seems to be the optional feature selectable in packages
Good call. Probably means all vehicles equipped with power "adjustable" mirrors not power fold.

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Just placed my order for Carli pintop 3.25 factory air ride lift. It’s on back order several weeks so we’ll see if it arrives before the truck…..
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on my wheel and tire order. I'm thinking about trying to stuff 37's on stock suspension with the correct offset wheels. I've narrowed it down to 37 different wheel styles lol.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hey Jimmy, you are the guy that would know this.

How many chips are in these HD's?
I’m not sure. Between control modules, switch modules, sensors, motors, actuators, etc- probably several hundred?

msoto

Reaction score
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on my wheel and tire order. I'm thinking about trying to stuff 37's on stock suspension with the correct offset wheels. I've narrowed it down to 37 different wheel styles lol.
With the current production and shipping delays you have plenty of time to find the right wheel setup. Can’t go wrong with 37s.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I’m not sure. Between control modules, switch modules, sensors, motors, actuators, etc- probably several hundred?
I would say at least,I think I heard a number way higher in some cars, I will try to find it.

tcuweimer

Reaction score
Hey Jimmy, you are the guy that would know this.

How many chips are in these HD's?
I read an article the other day that most current vehicles use around 300 chips. Part of the problem is the new EV vehicles like the new F150 Lightning use roughly 3,000. There’s your chip shortage.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I read an article the other day that most current vehicles use around 300 chips. Part of the problem is the new EV vehicles like the new F150 Lightning use roughly 3,000. There’s your chip shortage.
I heard a higher number, but you are correct, EV usage is insane

Cummins0867

Reaction score
A typical new car uses 1,000 chips....and this is the one with low tech (Tradesmen).....the crazy part is that the automotive industry uses the lower tech chips..200mm chips...the smaller ones for cell phones are more high tech.

Last edited:

BRob

Reaction score
Here’s both side of the digital rear view mirror. I’m not sure what actually constitutes as a”chip”- View attachment 21722View attachment 21721
At the risk of 1) sounding like a dick and 2) being entirely wrong, in my mind each little black/silver component that’s not a capacitor, resistor, or connector of some sort would be a chip. So like ~40 just on that board. But then again I’m including voltage regulators, step up/down voltage converters, etc also, so… *shrug*

Steelman2500

Reaction score
I would be ecstatic to see this response from RamChat. Ordered 6/21 2500 Limited MegaCab w/ Level 1 & no sunroof, still in D status. All you that ordered Limited MC’s after me that have gotten movement, YOU SUCK!! JK. It just aggravates me not knowing the rhyme or reason. Did you that have movement order Level 1? Wondering if that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve been in D1 twice now and then back to D. Hoping it doesn’t move back again. Mine is a loaded build everything except sunroof essentially. The response I received from ram gat is basically the exact same thing they said 3 weeks ago. Basically it means nothing.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
A typical new car uses 1,000 chips....and this is the one with low tech (Tradesmen).....the crazy part is that the automotive industry uses the lower tech chips..200mm chips...the smaller ones for cell phones are more high tech.

Exactly, I was told by product development that to get my 360 view they could use a chip from a Tradesman, but I would lose the power fold function, I said I will ride it out and see

Jake L

Reaction score
I’ve been in D1 twice now and then back to D. Hoping it doesn’t move back again. Mine is a loaded build everything except sunroof essentially. The response I received from ram gat is basically the exact same thing they said 3 weeks ago. Basically it means nothing
I hope i dont get moved back or atleast I hope i get it by the end of the year or I have to reach out and get another CDI code, or i lose employee pricing

Users who are viewing this thread