Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Your probably right about changing the outcome of the order. But if all the parties involved know customers are pissed off with given misleading delivery dates then maybe something will change for future customers. I was originally given an estimate of 16 weeks. Covid, chip shortage, blah blah blah I understand has all caused delays but by how much.... a couple months? I would have been happy with a couple months delay but it's been dragging on much longer than that now. I really wish I would have been told a more realistic date. If I would have been told a year at the time of ordering, at least I would be happy if it shows up a couple months early. We ordered a new forklift in March 2022, we were given an estimated delivery of 65 weeks. Compared to this truck order, I feel like 65 weeks is a more realistic date. But who knows, after 65 weeks they may also start with the endless excuses. Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock Ram, the end of the year is fast approaching.
hte best way to get your voice heard is Linkedin. https://www.linkedin.com/company/stellantis/ Find a post with some of the VPs tagged in it and post your issue. Nothing gets more attention than shinning a light on issues in a public forum. trust me it works. You can also create a post with your issue and then tag all the high level execs. Trust me they see it. Linkedin is better than Facebook because execs at other companys see the posts as well. No president wants it known that he cant get a sold product shipped. Shareholders dont like that.

Here is a great post to hijack from them. it has 2700 employees tagged on in: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6958303321212260352/

Last edited:

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Well I got some bad news yesterday from my dealer. Limited DRW has been on order since April, finally shipped Nov 9th, and arrived in Louisiana Nov 13th with a final delivery location in Arkansas. The bad news is the dealer said they took it "across the street" to a holding pen and they have no idea when it will be released. He said it's already been assigned to a trucking company and there is no way they can go pick it up. Earlier in the month they told me they would be able to send their own driver to pick it up once it got to Louisiana but I guess that plan got tossed out the window. So I'm thinking either 1 of 2 things has happened... 1) the truck was damaged and waiting for repairs or 2) This has the Aisin, but because of the recall, somebody mistakenly thought it had a 68RFE so they parked it until the recall is cleared up.

So I'll give it about another week and then I have to cancel the order and move on to something else. Nearly 8 months is long enough.
All the trucks coming off a train go into a holding yard for the Haulers to pick up. The rail company releases the truck to the hauling company then the weigh bill bill is sent to RAM. Once that is done, the haulers have 7-10 days to get the truck to the dealer, depending on their contract with stellantis. You can have your dealer and RAM call and place a HOT TAG on the truck and hope it expedites the delivery. Mine sat in a hauler yard for almost 10 days in Atlanta.

jwh02017

Reaction score
hte best way to get your voice heard is Linkedin. https://www.linkedin.com/company/stellantis/ Find a post with some of the VPs tagged in it and post your issue. Nothing gets more attention than shinning a light on issues in a public forum. trust me it works. You can also create a post with your issue and then tag all the high level execs. Trust me they see it. Linkedin is better than Facebook because execs at other companys see the posts as well. No president wants it known that he cant get a sold product shipped. Shareholders dont like that.

Here is a great post to hijack from them. it has 2700 employees tagged on in: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6958303321212260352/
The Linkedin thing sounds like a good idea. I may have to give that a try.

My dealer was suppose to "HOT TAG" / pick the truck up themselves when it arrived in Louisiana but either they forgot, they didn't let the dealer pick it up or they simply lied to me. Mine made it to Louisiana almost 3 weeks ago, at least that's what I've been told. Surely it would be delivered any day now, but there again, I go back to the idea it may be damaged so it'll be at least a couple more months before it's fixed which will put it into next year and I will have moved on to something different. My dealer didn't even know the name of the transport company and said he had no way of calling anybody to see who it was or when it will be shipped. BRV10 is the one who gave me the info about Cooper. (Thanks BRV10 !). My dealer said he couldn't get any kind of shipping information and the truck will just show up one day. I'm starting to think my dealer isn't wanting to put any extra work in on this deal. If the truck doesn't make it this year, I'm guessing they will have a pretty tough time selling a $100,000 year old truck next year.

Jwojo

Reaction score
Well, got a piece of useful information from the dealer today. . . Hail damage. Still no ship or delivery date though.

Attachments

• Truck Tracking.jpg
    Truck Tracking.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.18.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.18.06 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 69

jwh02017

Reaction score
Well, got a piece of useful information from the dealer today. . . Hail damage. Still no ship or delivery date though.
Oh man that sucks. I hope they offer some heavy discounts since it was damaged and the extra long wait time.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
The Linkedin thing sounds like a good idea. I may have to give that a try.

My dealer was suppose to "HOT TAG" / pick the truck up themselves when it arrived in Louisiana but either they forgot, they didn't let the dealer pick it up or they simply lied to me. Mine made it to Louisiana almost 3 weeks ago, at least that's what I've been told. Surely it would be delivered any day now, but there again, I go back to the idea it may be damaged so it'll be at least a couple more months before it's fixed which will put it into next year and I will have moved on to something different. My dealer didn't even know the name of the transport company and said he had no way of calling anybody to see who it was or when it will be shipped. BRV10 is the one who gave me the info about Cooper. (Thanks BRV10 !). My dealer said he couldn't get any kind of shipping information and the truck will just show up one day. I'm starting to think my dealer isn't wanting to put any extra work in on this deal. If the truck doesn't make it this year, I'm guessing they will have a pretty tough time selling a $100,000 year old truck next year.
Mine told me the same sorry. I called the transport company myself, NEVER stated I was with the dealer. I let them assume that. I gave them the name of the sales manager and told them he was freaking pissed over possibly loosing the sale. They called him that afternoon. Of course he called me mad. I told him to do his job so i didnt have too. As far as hail damage, mine had it too. By that I think it had one ding. Paint and body at the dealer is not a long wait. I cant even tell where mine was, and actually think they lied about it. It did have paint damage on the rear bumper but it wasnt bad enough to delay the delivery and they used a paint pen to cover it up for me. I say al this to say, dealers are lazy scum sucking lying POS, be your own advocate.

jwh02017

Reaction score
Mine told me the same sorry. I called the transport company myself, NEVER stated I was with the dealer. I let them assume that. I gave them the name of the sales manager and told them he was freaking pissed over possibly loosing the sale. They called him that afternoon. Of course he called me mad. I told him to do his job so i didnt have too. As far as hail damage, mine had it too. By that I think it had one ding. Paint and body at the dealer is not a long wait. I cant even tell where mine was, and actually think they lied about it. It did have paint damage on the rear bumper but it wasnt bad enough to delay the delivery and they used a paint pen to cover it up for me. I say al this to say, dealers are lazy scum sucking lying POS, be your own advocate.
That's an interesting strategy. So do you think it got delivered any sooner? I do believe they will tell you anything just to keep you on the hook.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
That's an interesting strategy. So do you think it got delivered any sooner? I do believe they will tell you anything just to keep you on the hook.
I think it did. I coached another member stuck in the same yard in Atlanta and his showed up a couple days later as well. Even if it didnt help, it made me feel better proving to the dealer that they were inept and full of $hit.

Reaction score
Well, it finally happened. Took delivery today. If it hadn't been for the incredible deal I got, I don't know if could have held out.
Ordered way early in the year Mar/April-ish
Built KZLD since July 5th.
Shipped Oct. 23rd
Arrived (at dealer/Alaska) Nov. 30

Yep, took it straight to the shop to throw on the Softopper.

Huge thanks to brv10 for all the info/Intel along the way.

Attachments

• IMG_20221201_152933~2.jpg
    IMG_20221201_152933~2.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20221201_152928~2.jpg
    IMG_20221201_152928~2.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20221201_154450~2.jpg
    IMG_20221201_154450~2.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 52

Svend02703

Reaction score
Tracker was late October, then early November, late November, early December, then 12/20, then 12/19, then yesterday went to TBD.
I think it's just a form of entertainment for someone.

Svend02703

Reaction score
Tracker was late October, then early November, late November, early December, then 12/20, then 12/19, then yesterday went to TBD.
Now estimated delivey is back to 12/19 ... maybe it'll be delivered by the tooth fairy or the Easter Bunny. Santa is too busy.

1ram

Reaction score
This is getting absurd.. Order in June, built in September, won't budge. RAM won't give any update on why it's "stuck" in Mexico, just that its wide spread. Has anyone discussed cancellation with your dealer and have the same 90 day clause?

Attachments

• RAM cancellation clause.png
    RAM cancellation clause.png
    499.5 KB · Views: 51
  • RAM_status.png
    RAM_status.png
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 5

1ram

Reaction score
Yours actually changes? ours hasn't updated since September 27th and it says it will "be here" in 2 days :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread