Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Well had a chat with dealer principal today after reading all these horror stories about decreased value trade ins, i just had to ask. Looks like while i was locked in at those numbers origionally agreed upon, unless truck gets here by end of october ( 6 months from order) ill be looking at some decreased value as well. After he explained to me how hes holding on as long as possible to value he cant indefinantly as market values on used is dropping it seems. He sounds pretty pissed at ram as its created alot of headache on his orders. I can sympathize in some senses. I suppose from my perspective itd be the same as having to re-quote a welding job after 30 days which is our policy.

Anyway iam not mad, sounds like hes going to work his ass off to keep my payments where they need to be or damn close and thats all i can ask really for.

On a positive note truck moved to KZLD today, iam not sure if that means its on a train now or somewhere else on stellito property.
KZLD = KZ LD – Departing Mixing Yard

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Cool thanks, may i ask the definition of this? I presume its the yard where they organize the trucks to be put on correct rail cars? If thats the case if its departing would i be right in saying it should see a railcar soon? Maybe? Lol

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
KZLD = KZ LD – Departing Mixing Yard
Well had a chat with dealer principal today after reading all these horror stories about decreased value trade ins, i just had to ask. Looks like while i was locked in at those numbers origionally agreed upon, unless truck gets here by end of october ( 6 months from order) ill be looking at some decreased value as well. After he explained to me how hes holding on as long as possible to value he cant indefinantly as market values on used is dropping it seems. He sounds pretty pissed at ram as its created alot of headache on his orders. I can sympathize in some senses. I suppose from my perspective itd be the same as having to re-quote a welding job after 30 days which is our policy.

Anyway iam not mad, sounds like hes going to work his ass off to keep my payments where they need to be or damn close and thats all i can ask really for.

On a positive note truck moved to KZLD today, iam not sure if that means its on a train now or somewhere else on stellito property.
Dealers are in a bad spot to be sure. They can't get product to sell in the numbers that they normally do. Rest assured RAM is providing them with backend deals to make up for it, or they would be loosing dealers left and right. Yes, used cars are decreaseing in price, but dealers (maybe not all) are ruthless. They will take every penny that they can get out of you. Ive heard it all. Your trade is valued less in this area, used cars are not moving as well, KBB says its worth X. Ask your state DMV what the value is. Thats what you pay tax on. Mine said it was 8k more than the dealer and KBB. Granted thats retail. Bad thing is they know if you walk, they have it sold in 60 seconds and have a list of buyers, probably 10 deep. Dont feel sorry for them. If you put money down to hold it, you have a contract, and they cant sell it until you walk away. They have to pay interest on the truck form the time it hits KZ status. Use that to leverage an increase in your trade. You can also use carvana, carmax and others. Get a couple quotes on it. Trust me they will match whatever you get. They want that trade. They make 3-6k per trade plus the 10-20% on the new one. Then they save the marketing money that RAM sends them and their dealer incentives. They are making money, if not they would close the doors. Only a fool stays open loosing money.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Dealers are in a bad spot to be sure. They can't get product to sell in the numbers that they normally do. Rest assured RAM is providing them with backend deals to make up for it, or they would be loosing dealers left and right. Yes, used cars are decreaseing in price, but dealers (maybe not all) are ruthless. They will take every penny that they can get out of you. Ive heard it all. Your trade is valued less in this area, used cars are not moving as well, KBB says its worth X. Ask your state DMV what the value is. Thats what you pay tax on. Mine said it was 8k more than the dealer and KBB. Granted thats retail. Bad thing is they know if you walk, they have it sold in 60 seconds and have a list of buyers, probably 10 deep. Dont feel sorry for them. If you put money down to hold it, you have a contract, and they cant sell it until you walk away. They have to pay interest on the truck form the time it hits KZ status. Use that to leverage an increase in your trade. You can also use carvana, carmax and others. Get a couple quotes on it. Trust me they will match whatever you get. They want that trade. They make 3-6k per trade plus the 10-20% on the new one. Then they save the marketing money that RAM sends them and their dealer incentives. They are making money, if not they would close the doors. Only a fool stays open loosing money.
Yep! My wife is the book keeper for our business and i made them well aware today and when agreeing to terms only way i could purchase said truck was with her go ahead. She makes the books work and the numbers made sense at THOSE numbers. And i said wed be walking if you cant make xx$ work. Which i would hate to do after this long of a wait

Deltron

Reaction score
Cool thanks, may i ask the definition of this? I presume its the yard where they organize the trucks to be put on correct rail cars? If thats the case if its departing would i be right in saying it should see a railcar soon? Maybe? Lol
Mine was in KZLD for only 5 months. ;)

Montmac

Reaction score
Can someone please check this vin# 3C63R3JL5NG340123. I had a delivery date of 10/1/22 and now it changed back to TBD. So frustrating. 2016 Ram keeps loosing value to trade in. Is there a way to get out of buying and get your deposit back? I ordered 1st of May and it was built 1st of Aug 22. Dealer is no help whatsoever, has never been able to give me any KZ type code plus they never call back when I call them!

Hangman

Reaction score
Did I read on here somewhere that all MY22s had to be built by October?

Mine still just shows Order Confirmed on the tracker.

3c63rpgj4ng421210

DaMacBrain

Reaction score
Can someone please check this vin# 3C63R3JL5NG340123. I had a delivery date of 10/1/22 and now it changed back to TBD. So frustrating. 2016 Ram keeps loosing value to trade in. Is there a way to get out of buying and get your deposit back? I ordered 1st of May and it was built 1st of Aug 22. Dealer is no help whatsoever, has never been able to give me any KZ type code plus they never call back when I call them!
Also had a delivery date of Sept 26 and went TBD. Built but stuck in JB jail. Was wondering if your Ram Tracker says Shipped for you? Asking because our belt dates are close at Aug 8 for me.

The Real Glee

Reaction score
Ordered 3/30/22, tomorrow 9/30/22 is 6 months. Truck is sitting in a rail yard 3 hours away. Estimated delivery date range is 9/22-10/3. Fingers crossed that it arrives on its 6th month birthday.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
JB

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Well dealer kept saying yesterday their trying there best to make origional numbers work and wont give me another answer other than “ itll be close “ so i could be totally wrong but pretty sure there trying to stall until new truck arrives…. Give me the “close number” which garunteed will be 10-30$ more per month, and once you get that new truck smell in your nose youll agree to just about anything. So i sent my salesmen a msg this morning saying if you cant agree in writing to a number in this 10$ +\- range bi weekly well likely walk.

Seems extreme but i literally had this deal on official paper and was given no warning 6 months ago that the deal could change. They gave me a “today” and “future” value of my trade in.

Again i understand there job must be difficult holding values on trucks, but i feel as a consumer its not our problem! Either figure out a trade in value you can stand by, or take it up with ram when their 6+ month delivery time.

Thats the point i made yesterday to dealer, what was the point of even doing numbers and getting approved for financing 5 months ago if the deal has now changed. Maybe theyll step up and getter done who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread