Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Truehomellc

Reaction score
Well my truck never came in on schedule and I was about two month past what they promised me with no end in sight. I found a truck in California and went through a long Head ache of getting it over to NY. As soon as it came I had a Cali suspension waiting for months to be installed. Here are the results

Attachments

• 20220513_150219.jpg
    20220513_150219.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 108

jerrypw

Reaction score
Question to all, I got my equipment list today on my 12/20/21 order for a 3500 SRW long bed Limited, No window sticker yet, my question is
does it mean the build has begun and they lack the inspection ? What is normal wait time between list and sticker ? Line 906 on build sheet
for those that are looking, its a Mark Dodge truck going to South Texas. It has been 21 weeks since I placed order.
list to sticker took 3 days for me. out for bed liner, steps, carpet.

Lewallenaj

Reaction score
Well 10 weeks from build date and all I know it’s possibly still sitting on the lot in Mexico with no ETA to dealer. It has taken longer to get on a train than to build. I feel like mine fell through the cracks somewhere.
VIN: 3C6UR5CL6NG242196
Same!

Tannercox14

Reaction score
I’ve been in d1 status for 4 weeks can anyone in this forum find out why I haven’t moved my dealer told me that it would be 3 weeks for d1 phase and I’ve not gotten a shipping date

SGTRAM

Reaction score
I’ve been in D1 status since 4/27 and I have not received any updates after that.

12/23/2021 order. 3500 Limited HO with sunroof.

Last edited:

IowaPW

Reaction score
I’ve been in d1 status for 4 weeks can anyone in this forum find out why I haven’t moved my dealer told me that it would be 3 weeks for d1 phase and I’ve not gotten a shipping date
There is no defined time in D1. It means they have the parts accounted for and the build is sequenced. The dealer should have an estimated build date. I think we've mentioned this to you a few times. Ask for a POC from the dealer. It will have your current status and most likely an estimated ship date.

matemike

Reaction score
When did you order
Dec 18, 2021.

If you want to open the can of worms:
I ordered a Laramie NE through a tiny local dealer on Oct 10th, 2021. Three weeks later they admitted that CMG was not accepting orders for NE. Waste of my time.
I got online, found places in Houston with Laramie NE, available. But when I called or visited the dealer they were sold. I realized the hard way that the internet is crap when it comes to what you see online “for sale.”

Via ramtrucks forum I found MD. I called them and was told the same: that Laramies were not available to order with NE. So I bit the bullet and ordered a Limited NE on Nov 12, 2021.
Come to find out; on Dec 9, 2021, Laramies were available again with NE. So I cancelled the Nov Limited order and made a new order for a Laramie on Dec 18, 2021. My truck got built on March 5th

Yet, here I am now. Not mad at the initial process of ordering or even the middle process of seeing my truck get built. It is the shipping that has me bogged down and it is downright horrible in every way. Something has got to give down there in Mexico! Ship it out already!

I fell like chanting the lyrics to the George Strait song “Blame it on Mexico!”

Last edited:

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
I’ve asked my dealer again today they said no updates and no eta
I mean this with the most genuine kindness and sincerity. Bro, you've got to chill on the update or you may drive yourself insane. This can be, and probably will be a long process; months not weeks. Ask RamChat every two weeks or so, and ask your dealer in the intervals they suggest (so you don't drive them insane too) or when your RamChat verbiage changes.

Otherwise, there is nothing you can do but wait. Nobody has influence on who is built/shipped first and there is no pattern that anybody can figure out.

If you need a truck immediately you may need to think about an alternative plan.

Skurtz036

Reaction score
Just received an email from my dealer….which also lines up with our resident expert Brv. Truck was unloaded off it’s final train and is awaiting transport to dealer. Ordered 2-15 , delivery……..very soon!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Just got build information on my 02/03/2022 order from Mark Dodge. Looks like a "tentative" build date of 7/11/2022. Looks like my truck is the anchorman for the 2022 line-up. May get it by the end of August or September right before the MY 2023s start rolling off the line. **Disclaimer-I am in the US. No offense to the extreme patience of the brothers and sisters up north. This is ridiculous.**
Watching

mike12193

Reaction score
I got a tentative ship date of 6/24/22. Does any one know When they would start the build? It’s a 3500 SRW loaded Limited with sunroof ordered on 1/19/22

Vin 3C63R3PL6NG245920

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arx237

Reaction score
I got a tentative ship date of 6/24/22. Does any one know When they would start the build? It’s a 3500 SRW loaded Limited with sunroof.
Vin 3C63R3PL6NG245920

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Usually that day or slightly before.

Users who are viewing this thread