Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

0924MT

Reaction score
Brv10, my dealer had said mine was in kzm when he notified me on 5/13. Any idea where it is or an eta? Thanks for the help!

SaylessRam

Reaction score
No emails from ramchat, srt, or dealer. And I have inquiries with all as well as a case made. All quiet. This is not fun, folks. !
You're about a week ahead of me on all of these and it's frustrating that some of these December orders/March builds are getting skipped over. It's like that odd batch of September orders we saw on here all over again.

matemike

Reaction score
Ya. And we are seeing builds after ours getting shipped and even delivered in a timely manner; some even right away after being built. Of course I asked how could this be?
My dealer and I speculated bouncing ideas off each other. Maybe a train is ready to head to states, port Allen in particular with 8 spots left to fill. Turns out 7 trucks coming off the line in the next hour are heading that way. Rather than handle them twice (sent to storage, then handled again when their shipping time “should” come up) they just say “Well, put them directly on the train since it’s right here and go grab 1 more from the storage/delayed yard to fill these 8 train spots.” So 7 trucks pulled the lucky lever that day.
Again this all speculation.

Well, my thinking is not that 7 trucks pulled the lucky lever that day. It’s more like mine and some others pulled the UNLUCKY lever and have been paying for it ever since. This is exactly why I don’t gamble. I won’t even make a $5 friendly bet on the Super Bowl. I just hate this crap.

But this also brings me back to my child hood and what we would have said to those 7 trucks getting the rail right away just for being in the right place at the right time. When you walked up to the lunch line back in school, it was “No cuts, No buts, buddy” get to the back of the line and wait like everyone else.

I understand not wanting to handle trucks twice or thrice if they can literally roll off the line and onto a train. How convenient! But others are taking the hit for that convenience and not being reimbursed or compensated or even explained to why we have to endure the delays. It’s bs no doubt.

And I figure what’s happening in Saltillo is totally out of the hands of Ram, Stellantis and Chrysler motor group, but it is absolutely wrong how they are doing this. And facts are that trucks are jumping in line. Good for those trucks. But this needs to be mentioned to Ram and CMG as an issue and corrected if you ask me and many others.

Last edited:

TeamCraig

Reaction score
Update on my timeline, if it helps anyone. Again, not the fastest and definitely not the slowest on the tracked sheet.

Order date: 12/4/21
D1 date: 1/10/22
1st estimated build date: 1/30/22
2nd estimated build date: 2/22/22
Equip List date: 2/23/22
Window Sticker: 2/25/22 (shows build date of 2/23)
KZ: 2/25/22
Shipped: 4/11/22 (6.5 weeks after build date)
ETA to dealer given as: 4/28 - 5/3
Arrived in Chicago (Logistics Park): 4/19/22
Unloaded from train: 4/28/22 - Assigned to Cassens Transport for final leg to WI
Truck still in Logistics Park - No ETA ...ETA is now TBD

This last weekend, the truck has now been in the "shipping" stage longer than the order to build date. (11.5 weeks to build, 11.5+ weeks in shipping). I am concerned about the state of the truck at this point. Same as others ... no information as to an updated timeline or sense of urgency.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ya. And we are seeing builds after ours getting shipped and even delivered in a timely manner; some even right away after being built. Of course I asked how could this be?
My dealer and I speculated bouncing ideas off each other. Maybe a train is ready to head to states, port Allen in particular with 8 spots left to fill. Turns out 7 trucks coming off the line in the next hour are heading that way. Rather than handle them twice (sent to storage, then handled again when their shipping time “should” come up) they just say “Well, put them directly on the train since it’s right here and go grab 1 more from the storage/delayed yard to fill these 8 train spots.” So 7 trucks pulled the lucky lever that day.

Well, my thinking is not that 7 trucks pulled the lucky lever that day. It’s more like mine and some others pulled the UNLUCKY lever and have been paying for it ever since. This is exactly why I don’t gamble. I won’t even make a $5 friendly bet on the Super Bowl. I just hate this crap.

But this also brings me back to my child hood and what we would have said to those 7 trucks getting the rail right away just for being in the right place at the right time. When you walked up to the lunch line back in school, it was “No cuts, No buts, buddy” get to the back of the line and wait like everyone else.

I understand not wanting to handle trucks twice or thrice if they can literally roll off the line and onto a train. How convenient! But others are taking the hit for that convenience and not being reimbursed or compensated or even explained to why we have to endure the delays. It’s bs no doubt.

And I figure it it totally out or Ram and Stellantis and Chrysler motor groups hands, the way things are operating down there in Saltillo, but it absolutely incorrect. And facts are that trucks are jumping in line. Good for them. But that needs to be mentioned as an issue and corrected if you ask me and many others.
Awesome explanation!

CTow

Reaction score

And I figure it it totally out or Ram and Stellantis and Chrysler motor groups hands, the way things are operating down there in Saltillo, but it absolutely incorrect. And facts are that trucks are jumping in line. Good for them. But that needs to be mentioned as an issue and corrected if you ask me and many others.
I suspect a lot has to control shipping is region they are going to fill as many trucks going to Montana in one car otherwise they need to suffel trucks along the way my truck is going by ship it holds 7500 cars so if a truck is going to the north east they send it to the yard the ship is at dock for two days and they don’t want a partially loaded ship

UTL-10-8

Reaction score
Good morning,
is someone able to look up my VIN for a status update? Thank you. VIN 3C6UR5FL9NG339033

truckasaurus

Reaction score
My Hemi powered 2500 is due at port on the 30th but towed my trailer this weekend with the Tundra and started to think maybe the diesel would be handy? It got me thinking maybe I should order a diesel 3500 just in case and thought I’d see if the consensus would be to wait a few days if that’s all it takes to place a 2023 order?

pacnw1963

Reaction score
My Hemi powered 2500 is due at port on the 30th but towed my trailer this weekend with the Tundra and started to think maybe the diesel would be handy? It got me thinking maybe I should order a diesel 3500 just in case and thought I’d see if the consensus would be to wait a few days if that’s all it takes to place a 2023 order?
2023MY builds don’t begin until the first week of October-so the wait would be at least 6-8 months at a minimum.

bmidd31

Reaction score
@brv10 can you give me any updates? Dealer and Ram chat say D1, estimated ship date was Friday 5/13. Thanks!

3C63RRRL5NG290394

Users who are viewing this thread