Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

Jhans70

Reaction score
31f6015ebe6b45c8ba04e0b05de106dc.jpg

Finally got a chance to pick it up. Going back Monday for a Uconnect 5 update as the 12” screen is extremely glitchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
31f6015ebe6b45c8ba04e0b05de106dc.jpg

Finally got a chance to pick it up. Going back Monday for a Uconnect 5 update as the 12” screen is extremely glitchy.

I got a software push a couple days ago. Seemed to change a little around with CarPlay (I liked the updates). Maybe yours will get that same push.

Jhans70

Reaction score
Nebraska and not a drop of snow?

Also, how Glitchy is it? Is it still usable?

It’s been super warm 50-60 degree, Hunted all week in a tshirt. It randomly goes blank screen, Car play works some times and randomly disconnects, weather app doesn’t work. It’s usable but have some do a hard reset or a soft reset roughly 75% of start ups. It goes in tomorrow to get the updated programming hopefully it’ll help.

Jhans70

Reaction score
I got a software push a couple days ago. Seemed to change a little around with CarPlay (I liked the updates). Maybe yours will get that same push.

I’m on the B software I guess there has been two updates since. It won’t push an update so the dealership said they could get it current.

Slb1022

Reaction score
Is there a way to track the train besides what the dealer is telling me? I'm for some reason, getting the feeling my dealer contact is tired of hearing from me once a week.
I’m feeling the same way…so, excellent question

ACEd

Reaction score
Is there a way to track the train besides what the dealer is telling me? I'm for some reason, getting the feeling my dealer contact is tired of hearing from me once a week.
If its loaded on a train best source (maybe only source) is dealer as I understand it. Best they will get is a report of last point it went thru and time reported and an ETA that may float depending on rail situation and trucking from railhead to dealer.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Do you have a railcar number? I did (TTGX989010) and was able to call UP. Here are some instructions dropped by another member:
In case you haven't found a site that shows how to track your truck by rail...here you go.

First you will need the rail car letters and numbers. It is on the visibility report or DORA which is from the dealership. You MAY be able to get it from the SVT people but they seem often in a cranky mood and may tell you to get it from the dealer.

Mine was two letters and 6 numbers from what I remember.

There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again.

ACEd

Reaction score
With the July ordered date when did you get the truck or are you still waiting?
Post you referenced was an old post from September - Window Sticker was available 10/6/21 so I assume original poster has truck and may be long gone from forum

tolym

Reaction score
ODS - I received an email from Mark Dodge this AM that my truck arrived at the dealership. Ordered 7/29. Built 12/13 ... on the rail car 12/14 and arrived at dealership 12/29.

PUMPED.

Merry Christmas, happy new year and congratulations lol.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. Picked up on 12/23. Best Christmas present ever)

Users who are viewing this thread