Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
With new info on delivery (Thanks)
270 Trucks Delivered as of 12/23 = increase of 152 trucks vs same info from 11/30 - PROGRESS (though some early orders still lost in build status)
Delivered As of 11/30/2021% of OrdersOrdersDeliveredAs of 12/23/2021Incr over 11/30% of OrdersNo Deliv Data
1727.6%58Delivered (May Orders)301351.7%28
3424.1%138Delivered (June Orders)733952.9%65
4023.9%163Delivered (July Orders)915155.8%72
2015.7%125Delivered (Aug Orders)553544.0%70
710.0%75Delivered (Sept Orders)171022.7%58
00.0%85Delivered (Oct Orders)444.7%81
00.0%70Delivered (Nov Orders)000.0%70
00.0%31Delivered (Dec Orders)000.0%31
9124.6%359Delivered (May-July Orders)19410354.0%165
278.7%386Delivered (Aug-Dec Orders)764919.7%310

Is this Info for all HD trucks ordered, or just forum member submitted VINs? Very detailed, obviously a lot of effort has gone into tracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcook

Reaction score
FBA0A055-5406-4F4C-AFD8-3843CF856BBC.jpeg
Received 12/22/21. Dealer received it 12/21/21 and had it ready that day. The sticker price increased $830 from the time I placed the order on on 8/31/21. Unbelievably the dealer did not try to mark up the original price we negotiated when I took delivery. Every option I ordered was included including ones that went away a week after I ordered (Power folding mirrors, night edition, and blindspot detection). After driving it a few days I really wish I would have ordered the digital rear view mirror. I thought that was a gimmick but that would have been extremely useful to see better with such a tall truck. I traded a 2019 5th gen Ram 1500 that rode like a luxury car. This truck is extremely rough on any rough spots in the road and will rattle you. I expected a rougher ride but it was more than I expected. Considering the ride quality, I might have taken into consideration the air suspension. I did not realize that it could make any difference in ride comfort. Much thanks to the person who took the time to track the orders. I reviewed it nearly every day! I know that had to take a lot of time to prepare.

pete2833

Reaction score
View attachment 28811
Received 12/22/21. Dealer received it 12/21/21 and had it ready that day. The sticker price increased $830 from the time I placed the order on on 8/31/21. Unbelievably the dealer did not try to mark up the original price we negotiated when I took delivery. Every option I ordered was included including ones that went away a week after I ordered (Power folding mirrors, night edition, and blindspot detection). After driving it a few days I really wish I would have ordered the digital rear view mirror. I thought that was a gimmick but that would have been extremely useful to see better with such a tall truck. I traded a 2019 5th gen Ram 1500 that rode like a luxury car. This truck is extremely rough on any rough spots in the road and will rattle you. I expected a rougher ride but it was more than I expected. Considering the ride quality, I might have taken into consideration the air suspension. I did not realize that it could make any difference in ride comfort. Much thanks to the person who took the time to track the orders. I reviewed it nearly every day! I know that had to take a lot of time to prepare.

Nice truck !
Ordered almost the same truck except 6.7 Cummins

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
View attachment 28811
Pretty truck. I’m with you on the ride. Coming from a F150 with a nice kit in it, the F150 did feel like a luxury vehicle comparatively. I think our 20” wheels and tires makes for a harsher ride to boot, but I’m still glad I got the night. It makes the truck like mean. And I’m glad I got the air ride suspension. I mainly got it for trailer leveling when towing, but I’m becoming more convinced that it does in fact smooth out the ride of the HD trucks.

J-J

Reaction score
View attachment 28811
Make sure to lower the air pressure on the tires a bit.. been to a few dealerships looking around and they all have had the tires aired up to 85 -90.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

ACEd

Reaction score
Is this Info for all HD trucks ordered, or just forum member submitted VINs? Very detailed, obviously a lot of effort has gone into tracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just the Sold Special Orders reported by members on Tracking Sheet - probably a decent sample of mid to high end trucks, but largest portion of trucks is Tradesman - there is a big spreadsheet of all VINs

Last edited:

ACEd

Reaction score
View attachment 28811
2500 Ride should not be that bad - my 3500 with 18 inch wheels is not bad at all - you do notice big bumps in road, but other than that its good. Check tire pressures - lots of reports of very high pressures at delivery. Try 60 F and 65-70R vs 80 R.

Other option is to drop down to 18 inch wheels - I did that on my previous 2015 2500 and difference was significant - but I still think very high tire pressures is the most likely fault.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
2500 Ride should not be that bad - my 3500 with 18 inch wheels is not bad at all - you do notice big bumps in road, but other than that its good. Check tire pressures - lots of reports of very high pressures at delivery. Try 60 F and 65-70R vs 80 R.

Other option is to drop down to 18 inch wheels - I did that on my previous 2015 2500 and difference was significant - but I still think very high tire pressures is the most likely fault.
It’s not a bad ride by any means. It’s all relative. It’s undeniably harsher than our previous 1500’s, but like I said by no means bad. WAY better than my buddies GMC. Air ride does help.

I just checked mine and they were all around 80!

Lowered to 68 and drove over to in-laws. Big difference. I’ll search for a tire pressure thread for more info. Promise.

ACEd

Reaction score
Lots of reports with tire pressures at 90+/- as delivered. Placard on mine is 60F 80R but it’s a 3500 SRW and with bed empty I don’t see reason to keep back that high.

Last edited:

Ron045

Reaction score
After driving it a few days I really wish I would have ordered the digital rear view mirror. I thought that was a gimmick but that would have been extremely useful to see better with such a tall truck. Considering the ride quality, I might have taken into consideration the air suspension. I did not realize that it could make any difference in ride comfort.

I laughed during the test drive when the salesman told me about the digital mirror. By the end of the test drive I loved it. I got that option. I passed on the Air leveling thinking the 2500 would be overkill for my 6K travel trailer, why would I need air leveling? I passed on that option but now you have me worried about ride quality.

Oh Well... too late. Mine is expected on or before 1/11/2022.
Ron

matemike

Reaction score
I would not be too worried about ride quality NOT having the air suspension. True, the air ride should improve ride quality when towing. Air susp will provide the other benefits of leveling the truck when loaded and raising/lowering the hitch while hooking up. You might experience less cranking or power jacking your trailer tongue, that's all. But, how is adding compressed air in the rear only, under already stiff springs going to improve the ride? Does it absorb the spring rebound some? That's what shock absorbers are for.
When building online I tried adding the air susp kit, but it removed my selected off-road package. That package is required to get the Bilstein shock absorbers, plus it includes skid plates and tow hooks. So I could spend the money for the air susp, and add the skid plates and the tow hooks as well, but I give up the performance tuned shock absorbers. I'd rather just stick with the off-road package. I travel some jacked up roads often, so the better shock absorbers are important to me; Not auto-leveling which would be used once in a blue moon.

All that being said, my 2011 Sierra 1500 has a 2.5" leveling kit and knobby tires on 20" wheels and the ride is terrible. I added manual air bags for when I tow my TT. I leave the bags inflated at 5psi when not towing, and while I will not say it helps the ride, it does give the truck a factory stance again, so it might feel a little better to me, could also be in my head. But then again the ride could not have gotten worse. Being a 10 year old truck, everything still rattles anyway.

Last edited:

ACEd

Reaction score
I laughed during the test drive when the salesman told me about the digital mirror. By the end of the test drive I loved it. I got that option. I passed on the Air leveling thinking the 2500 would be overkill for my 6K travel trailer, why would I need air leveling? I passed on that option but now you have me worried about ride quality.

Oh Well... too late. Mine is expected on or before 1/11/2022.
Ron
I never found my previous 2015 2500 Limited that bad on 18 inch rubber - it was a bit rougher on 20 inch OE than the truck I test drove so I switched it to 18's and it did make a difference.

Supposedly the 2022s are significantly better ride than the 2015s and the 3500s are supposedly more harsh than the 2500s, but I dont find my 3500 SRW to be a bad for a truck - again on 18 inch rubber - but it aint no Chrysler Imperial.

matemike

Reaction score
Well said @ACEd .
The fact of the matter is, I too want a smooth ride, but I need a truck. Unfortunately these are big boy trucks, they are not Rolls Royce's...Or Caddy's or Mercedes or Beamers for that matter.

BIG BOY TRUCKS.

Merry Christmas!

mcook

Reaction score
I checked my tire pressure and it was at 81 psi. I will lower them and I am sure the ride will get better. The ride on normal roads is very good. Just when you hit a bump or bad spot in the roads it will rattle you which was to be expected but much more than I would have thought It to be. I have a lot of bad roads where I live. I am sure the 20 inch wheels are a factor.

Users who are viewing this thread