Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

JimKIII

Reaction score
@OfficerDirtySanchez : Currently line number 1320 on the spreadsheet - Equipment listing available as of 23 MAY 2022.

Wasn't expecting to get the equipment listing this early. Renae from Mark Dodge told me last month it would enter the build stage on the 25th of May but I had already prepared myself for it to stay in D1 well past that. On the new Ram Order Tracking website is shows it entered the build phase on the 18th of May and an estimated delivery date near the end of June. I doubt the shipping stage will be ahead of schedule as well.
As others have opined, relax and expect the worse, but secretly anticipate the best. My truck was delivered 3 weeks earlier than the delivery date. Good luck!

J-J

Reaction score
Update.. still no truck, still waiting worst experience ever in my life.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

CertainlyHard

Reaction score
Added my build to the sheet… somehow got number 1234 .

Ordered on 2/23/22 - 3500 Megacab Limited - Austin TX

Just checked status today with Chrysler customer service chat. And they said it was still waiting to enter the assembly line. It was in scheduling status for what seemed like forever.

Question for the forum, I asked my sales person about delivery date (he didn't have one yet). But I asked if I should secure financing ahead of time, to get a good interest rate before they keep going up. He said go for it and that it should be here by 7/8/22 (expiration date of the rate quote I have from credit union… good for 60 days).

After reading others expected delivery dates I think that is maybe wishful thinking and I’ll likely need to redo the loan app.

(Fun note, my buddy ordered a TRX well after me and already has it)

Last edited:

JimKIII

Reaction score

Ordered on 3/23/22 - 3500 Megacab Limited - Austin TX

Just checked status today with Chrysler customer service chat. And they said it was still waiting to enter the assembly line. It was in scheduling status for what seemed like forever.

Question for the forum, I asked my sales person about delivery date (he didn't have one yet). But I asked if I should secure financing ahead of time, to get a good interest rate before they keep going up. He said go for it and that it should be here by 7/8/22 (expiration date of the rate quote I have from credit union).

After reading others expected delivery dates I think that is maybe wishful thinking and I’ll likely need to redo the loan app.

I financed through USAA and when my application was accepted it was good for 60 days. Last summer when I first jumped in to order my truck the first finance application expired. This time I was aware of the 60 expiration limit and planned accordingly. The only thing I waited on to the last minute was buying my airline ticket. When I was given a hard delivery date to MD is when I booked my flight. I could have saved some dough with an earlier booking, but I probably would have had to change it due to unknown delivery date. See what your loan application offer is good for go from there. Good luck!

QuattroCS

Reaction score

Question for the forum, I asked my sales person about delivery date (he didn't have one yet). But I asked if I should secure financing ahead of time, to get a good interest rate before they keep going up. He said go for it and that it should be here by 7/8/22 (expiration date of the rate quote I have from credit union… good for 60 days).

Sheet organizes orders by placement date. That's a funky number though for sure. We are all hoping things move along and gain some momentum.

baloo28

Reaction score

Well, that timeline sucks for me. I ordered 5/2 and am in the scheduling status. It seemed like a month or less in this stage until I saw yours. I've never ordered a vehicle before, and think I see why. I'm not patient enough for this LOL

kevin588127

Reaction score
Well, that timeline sucks for me. I ordered 5/2 and am in the scheduling status. It seemed like a month or less in this stage until I saw yours. I've never ordered a vehicle before, and think I see why. I'm not patient enough for this LOL
You may want to have a look at the tracker. I think there are some September orders that haven't been built yet. I'm just over 4 months in "scheduling", lol. Knowing how my luck goes, I will take delivery at the absolute least advantageous time.

G’Dave

Reaction score
We've seen people get lucky. You'd be one of them, if you received your truck on or around July 15th (3 months). It has happened, but they are far and few between. Take a look at the spreadsheet. Average wait seems to be 5-9 months. I've noticed there has been an uptick in 6.7s getting built and a lull in 6.4s getting built. So there is a possibility, but it is probably fair to say your truck wont be delivered until more like September, and that would still be considered somewhat quick.

I ordered my L3 Power Wagon on 1/22/22 and it has still not been built. Estimated ship date of 5/26, which I fully expect to get pushed back. Shipping from factory to dealer has an average time frame of about one month right now. So, in the case my est. ship date doesn't get pushed back (unlikely), I could expect to take delivery in early July. And that's on a late January order, as mentioned. Dealers seem to tell everyone "up to 16 weeks". Rarely does anyone receive their truck in that 4 months.

As @kennyarsen said, it’s all over the board, and some get lucky. I ordered a Laramie (Hemi, long bed) from Mark Dodge on 1/28. It was built on 4/01, and arrived at MD on 4/27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DP340

Reaction score
As @kennyarsen said, it’s all over the board, and some get lucky. I ordered a Laramie (Hemi, long bed) from Mark Dodge on 1/28. It was built on 4/01, and arrived at MD on 4/27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm starting to think that I will have one of those trucks that takes 7-9 months. Ordered on 2/22 with zero movement since.

Andersen24

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that I will have one of those trucks that takes 7-9 months. Ordered on 2/22 with zero movement since.
Hey @DP340 - check the new order site. I ordered mine on 2/28 and hadn't seen any movement either - went to the new one, entered my VON and it IS showing movement......supposedly 'D1' (according to the script @QuattroCS and others have found). I did text my salesperson to see what the POC on their side says. Then again, I mentally have planned on getting it in the August/September timeframe. Hopefully that ends up being about right!

DSGRam317

Reaction score
F067B610-8303-4E2B-8573-2230AF92AD05.jpeg

Well tickle me pink it finally shipped. Only took 2 months and 1 week to shipped. Anyone have any idea how long it’s been taking to ship one to So Cal LA area. Beyond excited that it’s one step closer. Waiting for dealer to see if he can get me a rail number.

RHINO69

Reaction score
Me too. I am in a similar boat. Ordered 1/22/22 and it has been "scheduled to be built" for about 2 months now.

RHINO69

Reaction score
Me too. I am in a similar boat. Ordered 1/22/22 and it has been "scheduled to be built" for about 2 months now.
Take that back. I just checked the tracker (I did earlier today too) and finally, there has been some movement. Now I just hope it doesn't take a month to ship. We will see...

1653444231375.png

Keep_it_fair

Reaction score
Finally picked it up today. Line 1160. Ordered Feb 5 in Costa Mesa, CA. Arived in Mira Loma, CA around May 5. And to mention Union Pacific Rail lost the keys in Mira Loma. So that was more time. I can't really tell you an exact time line. RamChat always provided generic answers. Big huge thanks to brv10 for tracking it down. If it wasn't for you, the dealership wouldn't have ever known the truck was 50 mile from me. Because I was the one that told them after brv10 informed me. At first they didn't believe me. Then I get a call 30 minutes later from the dealership. "Oh yeah your trucks close' Gee thanks..

Attachments

• 20220524_131211.jpg
    20220524_131211.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 32

kevin588127

Reaction score
Take that back. I just checked the tracker (I did earlier today too) and finally, there has been some movement. Now I just hope it doesn't take a month to ship. We will see...

View attachment 38409
Lol, same thing happened to me. Just checked for the hell of it and now have a date in the scheduled part. I had looked at it earlier today and was still d.

Users who are viewing this thread