Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

J-J

Reaction score
Just signed a build order on a F450. I prefer to get the Dodge I have on order, but after 23 weeks of not moving out of D status and not getting any info from Dodge, I'll go Ford if they can deliver first. No deposit required on the F450, and dealership said no worries if I back out due to the Dodge arriving first.
No Ford for me but coming up on week 19 and going to go GMC if they can get it in with everything. Going to look at one tonight too..

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

franko

Reaction score
Last update from my dealer - as of noon yesterday my truck was in Oklahoma city. I'm assuming the desnitation is twin oaks pa.

Can someone in the know help me out with a railcar #? I'd rather track it on my own.
3C6UR5FJ2NG216429

AmmoRAD

Reaction score
No Ford for me but coming up on week 19 and going to go GMC if they can get it in with everything. Going to look at one tonight too..

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Those Denali 3500s are nice! I contemplated that route as well, but a buddy of mine had 2 different GMC 2500s and had nothing but problems before he switched to Dodge. That was a couple of years ago, so my not apply to the newer version.

jeff hodge

Reaction score
Is your order on the spreadsheet?

If you really have gone from D1 back to D- don't worry too much. Lots and lots of members have had that happen. It's also possible Ramchat is giving you bad info. Your dealer could confirm.
I put my order on spreadsheet. Number 816 does it automatically get tracked on this forum or do i need to ask for it to be tracked

franko

Reaction score
I put my order on spreadsheet. Number 816 does it automatically get tracked on this forum or do i need to ask for it to be tracked
It's a crowdsourced tracking spreadsheet. You track it yourself and provide updates. OfficerDirtySanchez does pull the window stickers and equipment listings, but everything else is dependent upon you to fill in the blanks.

jeff hodge

Reaction score
It's a crowdsourced tracking spreadsheet. You track it yourself and provide updates. OfficerDirtySanchez does pull the window stickers and equipment listings, but everything else is dependent upon you to fill in the blanks.
Ok thank you. I did a color change the first of this week, will this affect anything on my order like delay it or vin number change?

Fully81

Reaction score
Where can I get the number for the railcar my truck is on?

3C6UR5FJ2NG213045

moombadaze

Reaction score
Just wait until it ships. Knowing that its built and taking a scenic trip up from mexico is a whole another level.
curious on the chain of events, build in mexico, rides the rails up to the US, then im lost what the next steps and average time frames are.

Thanks
Stacy

franko

Reaction score
curious on the chain of events, build in mexico, rides the rails up to the US, then im lost what the next steps and average time frames are.

Thanks
Stacy
That's pretty much it. Timeframe seems to be all over the place.
The train ride can include many pass offs and just plain sitting in one spot depending on where its going. Then once the train reaches the final destination, a truck needs to pick it up to get it to the dealer.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
What’s the typical build time, from the actual production date, on one with no upfits (bed liner/steps/5th wheel)…3-4 days? 10 days?

adamsmith655

Reaction score
I have a question that I am hoping someone can answer. I’ve searched but couldn’t find this specific info.

I’ve got all of the necessary rail tracking info/numbers, but I tried the UP line today to see how it worked and no matter what I did I could not get it to correctly recognize what I was saying. The CSX system was much more user friendly, but my shipment is so new it may not be in the system yet as CSX said no record found.

My question is will the CSX tracking work as soon as the rail car hits UP/the states or does it need to hit CSX for it to work? I’ve heard people (unless I am mistaken) tracking cars on UP via the CSX line. My rail drop off is Orlando, but I was just curious for future tracking efforts.

Firewall

Reaction score
@adamsmith655 Have you tried the NS number? Worth a shot at least.

NS Norfolk Southern

1. Call 800-635-5768.

2. Press 2.

3. Press 2.

4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849

5. Enter the numbers then press #. It wasn't taking my voice prompts but typing worked.

Users who are viewing this thread