Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Mine has not failed yet my serial number on trans is 2H-3100, so far it has been a pain getting any answers on getting it fixed and parts ordered along with getting someone to call you back. Purchased truck used with 13000 miles back toward the end of august and then the recall came out 4 days later. Truck should have never been sold to a customer with trans issue.
Damn, someone did you dirty! You might have legal recourse if you can prove they knew about the potential transmission issue.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine has not failed yet my serial number on trans is 2H-3100, so far it has been a pain getting any answers on getting it fixed and parts ordered along with getting someone to call you back. Purchased truck used with 13000 miles back toward the end of august and then the recall came out 4 days later. Truck should have never been sold to a customer with trans issue.
Is your truck identified under the recall (CSN 71A)?

Mscoles

Reaction score
Is your truck identified under the recall (CSN 71A)?
Yes according to the dealer, when it went in for the undercoating when truck was picked up i was informed about it. Is there a way to check for myself

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Is your truck identified under Customer Service notice 71A for the K1 snap ring issue?

moparfan06

Reaction score
Yes according to the dealer, when it went in for the undercoating when truck was picked up i was informed about it. Is there a way to check for myself

DamianLeibeck

Reaction score
The tracking sheet is up and running. Please share. If you are on the list, please make sure your data is correct. If not, I can update. Also, if someone is not on there and would like to contribute I can add. Public has viewing and commenting rights only. Thanks!

Link to the sheet:

May as well add ours to the list.
The tracking sheet is up and running. Please share. If you are on the list, please make sure your data is correct. If not, I can update. Also, if someone is not on there and would like to contribute I can add. Public has viewing and commenting rights only. Thanks!

Link to the sheet:

May as well add ours to the list. 2022 transmission failed while towing 1654 miles

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
May as well add ours to the list.

May as well add ours to the list. 2022 transmission failed while towing 1654 miles
Will do. Can you get me the following information for the spreadsheet:

1. Date you ordered them truck (if applicable)

2. Date of manufacture (See sticker on driver door for "date of manufacture (Build date))

3. Date you purchased the truck

4. Mileage on odometer at the time of failure

5. Serial Number of failed transmission (see blue stamped metal tag on side of the transmission. It will be something like "2H-2345"

6. Serial Number of replacement transmission (if applicable)

7. Were you towing at the time of failure?

8. Did 1st through 4th gear work?

9. Did reverse work?

10. What date did the transmission fail?

11. When was the truck returned to you after repair?

12. Did your dealer replace the transmission with a new unit or was the failed transmission repaired with parts?

13. Was / Is the truck currently identified under Customer Satisfaction Notification 71A?

blacksheep6.7

Reaction score
Figured id update. Dealer has had my truck since the end of September. pulled transmission and inspected, removed and replaced k1 clutch assembly per TSB. Reinstalled transmission to find it takes 15 seconds to kick into gear once gear is selected. Tore trans back out disassembled input assembly to find damaged piston seal (came out in 9 pieces) after replacing piston seal all seems normal. Have not personally driven truck yet but will be picking it up tomorrow. Chrysler continued to deny new transmission install ( i guess they are still trying to figure out all the affected ones). I really only use the truck to tow and dont put a bunch of miles on but updates will follow if we have a recurring failure. Thanks.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Figured id update. Dealer has had my truck since the end of September. pulled transmission and inspected, removed and replaced k1 clutch assembly per TSB. Reinstalled transmission to find it takes 15 seconds to kick into gear once gear is selected. Tore trans back out disassembled input assembly to find damaged piston seal (came out in 9 pieces) after replacing piston seal all seems normal. Have not personally driven truck yet but will be picking it up tomorrow. Chrysler continued to deny new transmission install ( i guess they are still trying to figure out all the affected ones). I really only use the truck to tow and dont put a bunch of miles on but updates will follow if we have a recurring failure. Thanks.
Thanks for the update, good to hear they’re finally getting it done. Once you pick it up and determine it is good to go, report back tomorrow and then I’ll mark you down as “repaired” on the spreadsheet. If possible I would appreciate it if you can grab your transmission serial number once you get the truck back also

blacksheep6.7

Reaction score
sorry, a little late getting back. drove the truck about 50 miles since getting it back. beat the snot out of it. no issues so far, in the coming weeks i will have 4-5 ton of coal behind it, i guess that will be the real test. Transmission Serial # 2J-1028 for the tracking sheet.
IMG_8272.jpeg

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
sorry, a little late getting back. drove the truck about 50 miles since getting it back. beat the snot out of it. no issues so far, in the coming weeks i will have 4-5 ton of coal behind it, i guess that will be the real test. Transmission Serial # 2J-1028 for the tracking sheet.
View attachment 66229
Thanks for the update!
Glad you finally got it back. Hopefully they got it fixed right. 71 days without the truck is far too long.

Michael12175

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. I have been dealing with a Aisin transmission failure in my 2022 Ram 3500 at about 15,000 miles. It went out on me February of 2023 and it is still at the dealership with no end in sight. It took Ram forever to approve/decide what they wanted to do. Finally they decided to tear down and fix as opposed to putting in a new transmission. Once the local dealership and the engineers at Ram started down this road it's been a never ending circle of the dealership trying to figure out what is wrong , getting approval from the Ram engineers, ordering parts, parts being backordered (including transmission fluid) and then repeating. Currently they have a rebuild kit on order but did not even tear the transmission apart for the second time to diagnose. And the parts are backordered until January. So as it stands my truck has been in the shop for a little over 10 months and the parts are backordered for another month and they don't even know if the parts on order will fix the problem. To top it off Ram customer care (if you can even call it that) has been of no help. They constantly say they will expedite parts but never do and when I said I might need to get a lawyer involved they dropped my case. I had to open up a second one and they have done nothing to help the situation. I would probably just give it back but I have upgrades on it including shocks, tires and rims that they have said they will not reimburse me for. I am 48 years old and this is the most ridiculous and by far the worst car experience I have ever had.

Last edited:

Adam06

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. I have been dealing with a Aisin transmission failure in my 2022 Ram 3500 at about 15,000 miles. It went out on me February of 2023 and it is still at the dealership with no end in sight. It took Ram forever to approve/decide what they wanted to do. Finally they decided to tear down and fix as opposed to putting in a new transmission. Once the local dealership and the engineers at Ram started down this road it's been a never ending circle of the dealership trying to figure out what is wrong , getting approval from the Ram engineers, ordering parts, parts being backordered (including transmission fluid) and then repeating. Currently they have a rebuild kit on order but did not even tear the transmission apart for the second time to diagnose. And the parts are backordered until January. So as it stands my truck has been in the shop for a little over 10 months and the parts are backordered for another month and they don't even know if the parts on order will fix the problem. To top it off Ram customer care (if you can even call it that) has been of no help. They constantly say they will expedite parts but never do and when I said I might need to get a lawyer involved they dropped my case. I had to open up a second one and they have done nothing to help the situation. I would probably just give it back but I have upgrades on it including shocks, tires and rims that they have said they will not reimburse me for. I am 48 years old and this is the most ridiculous and by far the worst car experience I have ever had.
That is exactly what I’m dealing with, first ram truck I have owned. I have been a ford guy all my life and have never been treated so crappy with their b..s. I have added new wheels, tires , grill guard, winch , power seps, retractable bed cover. Dealership said they would put me in a new truck, I paid 65,000 for it has 7,000 miles and they offered me $50,000. What a joke

EKUgrad

Reaction score
I am glad that I happened across this. I have a deposit down on a 2022 with a 03/24/22 build date, 20k miles on the odometer, and now I'm wondering if I should stay far away from this vehicle....

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I am glad that I happened across this. I have a deposit down on a 2022 with a 03/24/22 build date, 20k miles on the odometer, and now I'm wondering if I should stay far away from this vehicle....

That build date should be safe. Check and see if the recall applies, but I doubt it.

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
I have a build date of 09\22, right in the middle of the build dates with the troubled Aisin transmissions, I have had 25000 trouble free miles but just had the K1 snap ring recall done last week, it it's the truck you want I wouldn't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread