Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Update on our truck
TSB repair kit installed and truck picked up 7/28/2023.
Failed/repaired tranny S/N 2F-3199.

Ended up with an experienced tech that had aisin experience do the repair. After talking with him while picking the truck up, I feel much better about the overall condition of the repaired transmission. Put 300 miles on it with the truck camper in bed, all seems good at this point.

Still hunting for a human at Ram Cares to sort out the chaos this has caused!!
Will continue to watch this thread and I am also sharing our experiences with any 2022-23 HO ram owners I come across

Thank you for your efforts!!!
I appreciate the update. I’ll get the spreadsheet updated to reflect the info. Glad to hear you have the truck back. Hopefully this saga is over for you with the exception of reimbursements. Good luck with customer service, I’ve heard the results are far from exceptional.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Update on our truck

Ended up with an experienced tech that had aisin experience do the repair. After talking with him while picking the truck up, I feel much better about the overall condition of the repaired transmission. Put 300 miles on it with the truck camper in bed, all seems good at this point.

Will continue to watch this thread and I am also sharing our experiences with any 2022-23 HO ram owners I come across

Just a little heads up, be sure to check your tranny fluid after a few hundred miles. The tech who did mine seemed to be as competent as yours and I'm equally satisfied with the work, but after about 1,000 miles I thought my transmission was shifting oddly. I checked the fluid and it was 1 1/2 qts low. Not enough to hurt anything, but all things considered it was a little annoying. I topped it up and it seems to be functioning normally.

Rotornut

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Hopefully you can get it in to the dealer soon
Update: my truck finally made it to the Dealer and awaiting diagnostics test. I have a request for them to send me the SN off the failed transmission. Haven’t heard back yet though.

*NOTE: Stellantis Roadside Service personnel are all super incompetent.

ksahr

Reaction score
I had the transmission fail on my 2022 Ram 3500 HO at 11000 miles, while on a trip to Newfoundland Canada. I'm from Wisconsin. What a nightmare. Couldn't get any help from roadside service because the Canadian chrysler doesn't talk to the US chrysler. Finally found a tow truck that would transport 2.5 hours to the nearest dealer in Gander NL. No help from the dealer or Ram customer service. Ended up having to rent a uhaul to pick up my camper that I had parked in Nova Scotia. Drove the uhaul with my wife, son, and 2 large dogs a total of about 1000 miles to Bangor Maine where I was able to buy a truck to drive home with my camper. Ram customer care was horrible. I initially spoke to a guy that was very helpful but he told me I would be getting a new representative. Called many, many times to get some info. Didn't hear from them for 2 weeks.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the transmission fail on my 2022 Ram 3500 HO at 11000 miles, while on a trip to Newfoundland Canada. I'm from Wisconsin. What a nightmare. Couldn't get any help from roadside service because the Canadian chrysler doesn't talk to the US chrysler. Finally found a tow truck that would transport 2.5 hours to the nearest dealer in Gander NL. No help from the dealer or Ram customer service. Ended up having to rent a uhaul to pick up my camper that I had parked in Nova Scotia. Drove the uhaul with my wife, son, and 2 large dogs a total of about 1000 miles to Bangor Maine where I was able to buy a truck to drive home with my camper. Ram customer care was horrible. I initially spoke to a guy that was very helpful but he told me I would be getting a new representative. Called many, many times to get some info. Didn't hear from them for 2 weeks.
Sounds like a real PiTA. What is the current status of your truck?

I’d like to include you on the tracking spreadsheet for this issue if you’re willing to provide some basic info

ksahr

Reaction score
Sounds like a real PiTA. What is the current status of your truck?

I’d like to include you on the tracking spreadsheet for this issue if you’re willing to provide some basic info
It currently at a dealer in Gander NL, Canada. Ramcare gave them the green light to diagnose and repair/replace the transmission. Still waiting on word from the dealer on ETA and getting my truck back to me.

What do you need for info?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
It currently at a dealer in Gander NL, Canada. Ramcare gave them the green light to diagnose and repair/replace the transmission. Still waiting on word from the dealer on ETA and getting my truck back to me.

What do you need for info?
Ok that’s good. At least they can get it diagnosed.
I’m going to get you on the spreadsheet.
Here’s the list of info I take from every truck represented on the list. Please do your best to provide as much of it as you can right now. Your trucks date of manufacture is an important one.

1. Date you ordered the truck (if applicable)

2. Date of manufacture (See sticker on driver door for "date of manufacture (Build date))

3. Date you purchased the truck

4. Mileage on odometer at the time of failure

5. Serial Number of failed transmission (see blue stamped metal tag on side of the transmission. It will be something like "2H-2345"

6. Serial Number of replacement transmission (if applicable)

7. Were you towing at the time of failure?

8. Did 1st through 4th gear work?

9. Did reverse work?

10. What date did the transmission fail?

11. When was the truck returned to you after repair?

12. Did your dealer replace the transmission with a new unit or was the failed transmission repaired with parts?

Obviously some of this is irrelevant right now as your truck isn’t repaired. When you get it back, we can update the data then. Whatever you can provide for now is good enough to get you started on the spreadsheet.

ksahr

Reaction score
1. Date you ordered the truck (if applicable)

purchased from dealer lot

2. Date of manufacture (See sticker on driver door for "date of manufacture (Build date))

Dont know. Truck still in Canada

3. Date you purchased the truck.
january 30, 2023
4. Mileage on odometer at the time of failure
11000 miles
5. Serial Number of failed transmission (see blue stamped metal tag on side of the transmission. It will be something like "2H-2345"
?
6. Serial Number of replacement transmission (if applicable)
?
7. Were you towing at the time of failure?
no
8. Did 1st through 4th gear work?
no
9. Did reverse work?
yes
10. What date did the transmission fail?
July 13, 2023
11. When was the truck returned to you after repair?
Still at dealer
12. Did your dealer replace the transmission with a new unit or was the failed transmission repaired with parts?
Don't know yet

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Update on our truck

Hello! Human here to help.

Our team understands how frustrating the above must feel and would like to look into this. Please send us your VIN and mileage so we can give this matter further review. Thanks and hope to connect with you shortly!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Rotornut

Reaction score
UPDATE: Dealer says the diagnostic tests are complete and the results found were that the K1 clip failed causing the damage. Said this will be the 3rd vehicle they have worked on and fixed with the Clip/clutch kit. Told me they will “rebuild the transmission” and parts are two weeks out.

He also stated the following in a text, “3rd one for us as there have been almost no issues up until 6 months ago. the issue has been isolated and corrected by the engineers. it was improper heat treating on the retaining clip.”

Still waiting on the transmission SN from him.

More to come.

joace

Reaction score
Today went to dealer to get my relay recall finished, I also asked about AISIN k1 snap ring issue, as expected, this service advisor just looked at his computer and didn't see any other recall tied to my VIN, so assured me no such recall needed on my truck. So this still can't clear my question, how they can flag an unsold truck with VIN, but no sold ones?

For PM sensor recall, since it just came out this week, dealer only ordered the part, once available, will call me to finish labor.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
….. So this still can't clear my question, how they can flag an unsold truck with VIN, but no sold ones?.
That is the million dollar question. I wish I had the answer. If you ever find out, please post it here and let us all know.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Hello! Human here to help.

Our team understands how frustrating the above must feel and would like to look into this. Please send us your VIN and mileage so we can give this matter further review. Thanks and hope to connect with you shortly!

Hannah
Ram Cares
Hannah, RAM should be reaching out to every single person in this group. There are multiple people with stranded trucks. I can tell you RAM Care is the worst group of untrained persons I have ever dealt with. Pull the data from your systems and reach out to every single person that has a truck down. Most of these people are being allowed to drop through the cracks and have trucks 100's of miles away. I know RAM can do it. They stepped in on our repair and had it done in 18 days with full reimbursement for our expenses. Stop being reactive and be proactive. RAM should reach out to everyone not post in a forum for a VIN. And fire everyone in RAM Care.

*EDIT* also please explain why unsold units can be flagged for repair, but sold units are left to fail and cause damage.

Last edited:

jacob410

Reaction score
There is a CLASS ACTION lawsuit in the works by AG's in multiple states. FCA is the named defendant. Over $1 billion in relief for existing owners being sought for damages including lost resale value. Document every thing including calls to RAM.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a CLASS ACTION lawsuit in the works by AG's in multiple states. FCA is the named defendant. Over $1 billion in relief for existing owners being sought for damages including lost resale value. Document every thing including calls to RAM.
Where / how did you encounter this information?
This is the first I’ve heard of any sort of legal action regarding these failures.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
I have tried to find this. if its true, it has not been listed anywhere. Very interested in reading the complaint.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried to find this. if its true, it has not been listed anywhere. Very interested in reading the complaint.
Same here. I’ve made quite a few calls already. Very interested to see some documentation on this. Hate to be a “prove it” guy, but in this instance, need to see some documented evidence in order for me to believe that.

JNichols11

Reaction score
Well, mine is still down in Florida awaiting repairs, while I'm home in Texas. It has been over a month with no loaner, or rental, and very little correspondence from Ram. My info should already be on the spreadsheet. It just seems like they are avoiding me, and I cannot get customer care to respond to me. I've been very patient with them, but I don't know what the next steps will be. I asked them for payment reimbursement while the truck is down, and they've ghosted me. This is ridiculous. I'm lost.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, mine is still down in Florida awaiting repairs, while I'm home in Texas. It has been over a month with no loaner, or rental, and very little correspondence from Ram. My info should already be on the spreadsheet. It just seems like they are avoiding me, and I cannot get customer care to respond to me. I've been very patient with them, but I don't know what the next steps will be. I asked them for payment reimbursement while the truck is down, and they've ghosted me. This is ridiculous. I'm lost.
This sounds like it’s the general consensus amongst most people experiencing a failure.
It’s extremely unfortunate and inexcusable.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Well RAM may not be responding but the government is. I just got this from the NHTSB for the complaint I filled. If you have not filled a complaint, go do it. From what I hear it takes about 300 complaints to get an investigator to visit RAM.

"Please see the attached copy of your recent complaint and instructions. Please make any necessary edits and return via email to dataquality@dot.gov or fax to (202) 366-1767. Due to the volume of complaints we receive and our limited resources, we cannot respond to every complaint.

NHTSA/Office of Defects Investigation"

Users who are viewing this thread