Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Stop Sale on certain diesels incoming (intake air heater relay). - Recall Y76 REFRESHED OCT 2021

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
There is another ongoing thread here about this:

Also comes up a bit in the new orders thread and in this one too: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...ers-due-to-quality-issue-threads-merged.4207/

There are other places too. Lots of information and speculation but I have not yet seen anything definitive on which specific trucks are included. Many checking their VINs find they are recalled. Many others like me find no recall on our trucks. But at this point I think it is unknown whether this means some of us are clear or if Ram just has not input all the impacted VINs yet.

All VINs are live as of last week.

Kaitlin
Ram Care

Will_T

Reaction score

Kaitlin
Ram Care
Thanks for updating Kaitlin, but it is kind of hard to decipher such a short answer without making assumptions that may not be correct.

Are you saying that because all VINs are live, if we use the Mopar site to check and no recalls are found then our truck is definitely clear from the recall? Because in other threads it has been suggested that the only impacted trucks that will be found using the Mopar site are trucks that have already been delivered into the possession of owners. In other words, it may be that trucks we have ordered, have the VIN for, and that have been built, may not show on that Mopar list because technically they are still owned by RAM until final paperwork and delivery to customer is complete. And trucks that are impacted by the relay problem, but still in Rams possession, are not recalled, but are "stopped sale". So if that is true, these trucks that are in the built and shipping stage that many of us are checking could still be held by Ram under the stop sale order even if they do not show up as "recalled". In other words, Ram can not recall the trucks from Ram, only from dealers and customers that have already taken possession.

This is just what has been suggested in other threads so if you or @RamCares could clear that up it would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score

Kaitlin
Ram Care

Good to know. I just checked to see if my truck had any safety recalls and nothing is listed for mine, Thanks, Kaitlin.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Looks like the my ram app has been updated for my 2021 which shows it as part of the recall. My 3500 was delivered at the beginning of February.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Do you mean a "U Connect" app? Or is there another RAM app (that is not Random Access Memory) that I'm not aware of?

Scooter29

Reaction score
I’m stuck not completing a deal due to this stop sale. I’m going to lock in my sale price and trade in price but dealer doesn’t know when they will be able to complete the recall on a 21 2500 mega cab 6.7 SO. Kinda sucks that there’s no eta on parts to correct it.

QCHunter

Reaction score
Do you mean a "U Connect" app? Or is there another RAM app (that is not Random Access Memory) that I'm not aware of?
There is an actual Ram trucks app you can download. Has recall info and a few other things including your owners manual.

Attachments

• F3261CD9-9A16-4FFB-9289-9FE654FF72F6.png
    F3261CD9-9A16-4FFB-9289-9FE654FF72F6.png
    638.8 KB · Views: 38

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Do you
There is an actual Ram trucks app you can download. Has recall info and a few other things including your owners manual.
Are you talking about phone app or an app for U Connect truck displays?

Doccs

Reaction score
Meh, no worries. I'm honestly not too worried about it myself. The truck isn't my daily driver and is really only used for long trips and towing my travel trailer. It's a great truck, but if it burns up in my driveway I'm not heart broken over it. That's what insurance is for. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great truck....the best I've ever owned, actually. I'm just happy to see that FCA is working on a fix.

I do feel bad for those who ordered their truck and can't take ownership due to this recall, though. Those are the people I feel for.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I was set to pick mine up yesterday and then the dealer called me with this news. I own a truck I can’t pick up. A little bit peed off and not at my dealership but FCA.

doberman66

Reaction score
You can go to mopar.com and sign in(or create an account if needed). Load your VINs from all your FCA vehicles and they'll show up in your garage. You can get owner's manuals, recall status, and some coupons for oil changes and tires, and other services. The mileage listed probably won't be correct- it'll be updated every time your vehicle hits an FCA service facility. Just another option. I think the My Ram app, the My Dodge app, etc. are the same things as this but sometimes it's easier to wade through things using a PC and keyboard than swiping along on your beat-to-hell phone.

For those factory ordering a new vehicle, once your window sticker is published you can add your vehicle to your garage.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I was set to pick mine up yesterday and then the dealer called me with this news. I own a truck I can’t pick up. A little bit peed off and not at my dealership but FCA.
What was your build date?

Reaction score
I got the recall notice, and mine is a 1/21 build. Per RAM Care this afternoon on the phone, they told me after consulting with an engineering team, that this issue should not be (at least right now) a safety hazard when I asked if I should stop driving the truck. My local news however has the headline "Park Outside: 2021 RAM Heavy Duty Trucks Recalled For Fire Hazard"

Has anyone looked into the exact issue and see if this something that can be disconnected for the time being?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thanks for updating Kaitlin, but it is kind of hard to decipher such a short answer without making assumptions that may not be correct.

Are you saying that because all VINs are live, if we use the Mopar site to check and no recalls are found then our truck is definitely clear from the recall? Because in other threads it has been suggested that the only impacted trucks that will be found using the Mopar site are trucks that have already been delivered into the possession of owners. In other words, it may be that trucks we have ordered, have the VIN for, and that have been built, may not show on that Mopar list because technically they are still owned by RAM until final paperwork and delivery to customer is complete. And trucks that are impacted by the relay problem, but still in Rams possession, are not recalled, but are "stopped sale". So if that is true, these trucks that are in the built and shipping stage that many of us are checking could still be held by Ram under the stop sale order even if they do not show up as "recalled". In other words, Ram can not recall the trucks from Ram, only from dealers and customers that have already taken possession.

This is just what has been suggested in other threads so if you or @RamCares could clear that up it would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,
"if we use the Mopar site to check and no recalls are found then our truck is definitely clear from the recall?" The answer to this is yes.

"trucks that are impacted by the relay problem, but still in Rams possession, are not recalled, but are "stopped sale." Incorrect, stop sale VINs are still under the recall. It is illegal to sell a vehicle with an open recall, hence the stop sale.

"In other words, Ram can not recall the trucks from Ram, only from dealers and customers that have already taken possession." Also incorrect, there are sold vehicles and unsold vehicles in recalls.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread