Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

ramblinChet

Drinks Alone
Reaction score
Hey Chester are you actually gonna take it out and get it dirty and scratched up?

My plans for this vehicle include mild to moderate trails, nothing extreme. I am sure there will be a a few times when branches are dragged down the side or a muddy area must be crossed although I will do my best to avoid unnecessary damage. My current schedule does not see me returning to AEV until late August or early September as originally planned though - just very busy right now.

b307a1

Reaction score
My plans for this vehicle include mild to moderate trails, nothing extreme. I am sure there will be a a few times when branches are dragged down the side or a muddy area must be crossed although I will do my best to avoid unnecessary damage. My current schedule does not see me returning to AEV until late August or early September as originally planned though - just very busy right now.
Well, at least there is photographic evidence of how it looked in showroom condition.

ramblinChet

Drinks Alone
Reaction score
Purchased the AEV full size recovery gear package ($675) for my AEV/FWC RAM 3500.

It includes:
  • 4” kinetic recovery strap
  • 4” winch extension strap
  • tree strap
  • snatch block
  • two 1” anchor shackles
  • tire deflator
  • gloves
  • premium recovery bag
hd-recovery-gear-hd-trail-3.jpg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Purchased the AEV full size recovery gear package ($675) for my AEV/FWC RAM 3500.

It includes:
  • 4” kinetic recovery strap
  • 4” winch extension strap
  • tree strap
  • snatch block
  • two 1” anchor shackles
  • tire deflator
  • gloves
  • premium recovery bag
View attachment 20562
I had to buy some of their gear because the bumper only accepts a 1” shackle. Nice stuff.

ramblinChet

Drinks Alone
Reaction score
Hey Chester, do you have it or waiting on it?
I told AEV that you were going to pick it up and test it out for me for the next few months while I am buys working, lol. My schedule has me really busy for quite some time although I am still trying to make it up there later this month or early next month to bring her home.
I had to buy some of their gear because the bumper only accepts a 1” shackle. Nice stuff.
Exactly. I was considering the Warn HD Epic Recovery Kit although it had the wrong size shackles and didn't really seem to be as high quality as the AEV. I examined the Warn gear at the Overland Expo two years ago and the AEV at the same time nearly minutes apart. AEV put together a slightly nicer kit plus the shackles are the correct size. Do you have any upcoming plans for your rig?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I told AEV that you were going to pick it up and test it out for me for the next few months while I am buys working, lol. My schedule has me really busy for quite some time although I am still trying to make it up there later this month or early next month to bring her home.

Exactly. I was considering the Warn HD Epic Recovery Kit although it had the wrong size shackles and didn't really seem to be as high quality as the AEV. I examined the Warn gear at the Overland Expo two years ago and the AEV at the same time nearly minutes apart. AEV put together a slightly nicer kit plus the shackles are the correct size. Do you have any upcoming plans for your rig?
Plans? Yes. But. I have three project vehicles at the moment, all which are running and driving but the Ram is the most complete at the time, meaning it’s on hold. I do want to build an on board air system (among other things) for it but that’s just not a priority.

Both the Toyota and the Porsche are getting their steering systems either revamped or ripped out and new one fabbed up. I have the manual rack for the Porsche 99% built and I’m debating full hydro vs hydro assist on the Toyota, I have to do something for more steering power now that it’s spooled front and rear.

b307a1

Reaction score
I told AEV that you were going to pick it up and test it out for me for the next few months while I am buys working, lol. My schedule has me really busy for quite some time although I am still trying to make it up there later this month or early next month to bring her home
Chester,

While I appreciate the honor I am not gonna be the one to put the first scratch on it.

You have been awfully quiet lately. Did you sneak off to Mitcheegan to bring it back?

Last edited:

ramblinChet

Drinks Alone
Reaction score
Chester,

You have been awfully quiet lately. Did you sneak off to Mitcheegan to bring it back?
My plans were to pick up my rig yesterday although my schedule changed and I most likely will not be back up to the Wolverine State for a few more weeks. My payment was wired over so all I need to do is show up and grab the keys. Hopefully in time for Overland Expo East in early October.

Users who are viewing this thread