Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Heavy Duty orders - Tell us about yours!

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Guys I have to disagree a bit. As you know we're travel the country so I was able to search high and low and as you all know theres alot of dealerships out there that will deal but if your holding out for full price on your trade and an extra 5k below everyone's best offer on new, getting you 17-18k off msrp. Now that's a dealership that I had to search for, and as you know found.
I also am not much of a believer in your local dealership taking care of you. Just ask fasthemi. His couldn't even get 1 truck right and he was going to start a business acct and order over a dozen. In the past I've bought local and in my experience, after the final sale they just give you the cold shoulder. Just like , " THE FAMILY" insurance agent, your good buddy who has your back until you have a claim.
My opinion: take your time and shop around, dont be afraid to drive for the best deal and get everything in writing and trust no one.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Rich,
I don't think you are disagreeing with anyone, you are just approaching the same thing from a different angle so to speak. I never said to trust your dealer, although I trust mine 100%. What I was saying is to get prepared before you deal with your local dealer. Be prepared like you were prepared. Go into the negotiations only after you know more than the dealer.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Rich,
I don't think you are disagreeing with anyone, you are just approaching the same thing from a different angle so to speak. I never said to trust your dealer, although I trust mine 100%. What I was saying is to get prepared before you deal with your local dealer. Be prepared like you were prepared. Go into the negotiations only after you know more than the dealer.
I gotcha, yup, I agree with them, but from a different angle. ;)
Be prepared and hold your ground. They need you worse than you need them. You can go anywhere to get a good deal, but you have to work for an awesome deal.

Nick

Reaction score
I also sent my build to Dillion and Smith . Smith wouldn’t let me put down more then 10 grand . Had to finance the remainder thru Ram for at least 3 months then l could refinance . As you well know three months of payments adds up to about 2000 grand in interest . I told them what l thought of that scam . Dillion was 2 grand more . By the time l flew up to Idaho and drove back l should have saved maybe a 500 . Not worth it to me . I am sure you can get better deals with what they have in stock but that was my ordering experience with both of those dealers .

John Jensen

Reaction score
I also sent my build to Dillion and Smith . Smith wouldn’t let me put down more then 10 grand . Had to finance the remainder thru Ram for at least 3 months then l could refinance . As you well know three months of payments adds up to about 2000 grand in interest . I told them what l thought of that scam . Dillion was 2 grand more . By the time l flew up to Idaho and drove back l should have saved maybe a 500 . Not worth it to me . I am sure you can get better deals with what they have in stock but that was my ordering experience with both of those dealers .
When I was shopping Dave Smith quoted several thousand less than Dillon. I put $500.00 down to lock it up. When I asked for written confirmation of the quote they renigged, said they couldn't sell at the quoted price and all of a sudden were a few thousand less than Dillon. It was so outrageous the sales gal I was dealing with quit.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I put down zero dollars to lock the deal up and got the whole deal in several written forms of commitment. The only thing i put toward the new vehicle was my 16 ram trade in at 35,000 off of the 69k new truck. My dealer also asked me to make payment for 3-4 months so they got all there rebates that my sm was able to apply to my deal. All in, i only pd like 300 and some dollars in interest over 3.5 months on a 85k msrp vehicle that I stole for 69k. So for me, it was beyond worth it to travel several states away to get an exceptional deal. I know most of you know my story as i do like to brag about it because it makes me proud but i post it again as not everyone reads all the threads to know our back stories. There are some really great deals out there if your willing to take your time and investigate. Happy shopping. It was very stressful but very exciting through out the whole process. I don't regret it at all

ADIGA

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just joined the forum and this is my first post. I read that you can now build and order the 2021 Ram 3500. Is this true? Can someone post the links for building and ordering the 2021 3500 please?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just joined the forum and this is my first post. I read that you can now build and order the 2021 Ram 3500. Is this true? Can someone post the links for building and ordering the 2021 3500 please?
I just checked the ram build and price tool and they still don't have 21s posted yet, just the 19&20s, like that's old news. I know it's coming soon to the site as they keep talking about it. As far as I know, you can order a 21 at your dealership, but i could be off on that. Btw: welcome to the club. Lots to learn and enjoy. Lots of threads to jump into or start your own. The build process can be stressful at times but it's so worth it. I loved it and love my build of 4.5 months new know.

ADIGA

Reaction score
I just checked the ram build and price tool and they still don't have 21s posted yet, just the 19&20s, like that's old news. I know it's coming soon to the site as they keep talking about it. As far as I know, you can order a 21 at your dealership, but i could be off on that. Btw: welcome to the club. Lots to learn and enjoy. Lots of threads to jump into or start your own. The build process can be stressful at times but it's so worth it. I loved it and love my build of 4.5 months new know.
Thank you for the information. I will reach out to some dealers and ask them if I could build and order the 2021 3500.

I am happy to be here and looking forward to learn about the awesome Ram trucks.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I will reach out to some dealers and ask them if I could build and order the 2021 3500.

I am happy to be here and looking forward to learn about the awesome Ram trucks.
There's Alot to learn. Its cliche I know and sounds lame but know before you go. Lots to learn and know about so you go well informed and know what you do and don't want. Take your time and enjoy the experience.
I personally did all my build right online on the ram tool and negotiated through several dealers in different states to get the best deal on my build and on my trade. I had everything all locked in and in writing before i ever set foot into the dealership I chose to go with. Imop, when you walk into the sales room they got you. I had so much leverage doing everything over email and phone calls and taking my time to get just what i wanted for the right price.

Users who are viewing this thread