Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 3500 taillight wiring

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I will give it a go later today. The CAN blocks one is black and green and one is white and green I hooked the white connector to the white CAN BAR and the black connector to the black CAN bar. I guess that's wrong
Based on a few other members recent experiences with that bypass, yes, that’s wrong (even though everyone would assume the same thing you did based on the color of those connectors).

Nathanael Carpenter

Reaction score
So I guess the CAN wires were backwards which is dumb since the instructions are clear to color match them. But it worked and I was able to fix the brake light issue and turn of all the lights on the dash! I just want to thank you all for the help I definitely couldn't have ever figured that out on my own

Nathanael Carpenter

Reaction score
I hate to bug yall again this truck is going to be the end of me lol
So the taillights and turn signals works great for about 5 minutes then the right side quits working both the blinker and brake light but the running light stays on
The fault code is B1646
Rear Right Turn Lamp Control
Short circuit to ground
Last test completed unsuccessful
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Not requested
I've cleared the code 2 times but it keeps coming back on the dash says I have right rear lamp out

Nathanael Carpenter

Reaction score
Just found that it only does this when the truck is turned on if I have it on run it resets automatically and works fine but as soon as I start it and let it idle about 3 to 5 minutes it quits working

jsalbre

Reaction score
Do you still have the brake and turn signal wires spliced together?

Nathanael Carpenter

Reaction score
Just not sure why it seems to only have an issue with the right side and only when the motor is running. I triple checked to make sure that I set all these
CBC Features: Combined Rear Lighting Enabled- YES

CBC Features: LED Stop Lamps Present- YES

CBC Features: LED Tail Lamps Present- YES

CBC Config I/O: Connector E Pin 3/Connector F Pin 42: Rear Turn Lamps Output Present- NO

CBC Config I/O Usage: Left Rear Turn Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F27- NO

CBC Config I/O Usage: Right Rear Turn Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F31- NO

CBC Config I/O Usage: Separated Lighting Brake Lamp Dropout- NO

Users who are viewing this thread